Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 3:24pm

Style: Kenpo/Hapkdo/FMA/Silat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whoa!! I never said he hosted the seminar, The Valencia JKD group did - he's from Barcelona. I just had a quick look around the web myself, I also found pics of him and Inosanto training together. So establishing some direct teaching/training with Inosanto - go google them yourself. I found he has interviewed Ron Balicki,who also claims to have trained special forces., seems to be a common theme with Inosanto instructors. True or not, buggered if I know. I checked out Inosanto's international and US intructors guide and I don't see Balicki - or Vunak or Bob Breen from the UK or many many more. What does that prove? Letting a fraud assist at a seminar being taught by his own instructor is not only rare, in a room full of other instructors - surely some of those other instuctors - if not Inosanto himself, would have been objecting to a fraud and not shaking his hand thus giving him recognition and perhaps, as you rightfully suggest, false credit. Why should Almeria have to show ye anything? Who are ye to question him? As for his advertising - well ye have certainly done more for him here than he ever could. I'm sure he's just using whatever means possible - I see the same for BJJ and MMA here - should I think ill of anyone who happens to be media savvy? I met the guy - so did Dan Inosanto - his teacher - they looked ok to me. Like I said - met the guy once - from what I saw - he knew his stuff seemed pretty humble - no big shot - never mentioned his military background training - but then I didn't ask. Maybe the Inosanto academy can clear it up - maybe you should ask the guy himself instead of the endless speculation behind his back?

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 3:49pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maelstromd5 View Post
    Whoa!! I never said he hosted the seminar, The Valencia JKD group did - he's from Barcelona.
    Fair enough; my assumption, my mistake.

So establishing some direct teaching/training with Inosanto - go google them yourself.
    Googling his name tends to come up with one of two things: his own promotional material (his websites and youtube videos), and people asking if he's legit (and people responding saying that he did train there, but never finished his training).

Letting a fraud assist at a seminar being taught by his own instructor is not only rare, in a room full of other instructors - surely some of those other instuctors - if not Inosanto himself, would have been objecting to a fraud and not shaking his hand thus giving him recognition and perhaps, as you rightfully suggest, false credit.
    I expect what we'll find here is that he has padded his resume, as many have done before. Call it fraud, call it misleading, call it false advertising, as you will.

Why should Almeria have to show ye anything? Who are ye to question him?
    Really? Who am I to question him? I'm the guy who shoots lightning bolts out of my eyes, and can fly around the room just by making duck quacking noises. And if you want proof of that, then perhaps I should be asking who are you to question me?

Maybe the Inosanto academy can clear it up - maybe you should ask the guy himself instead of the endless speculation behind his back?
    Yes, I should ask the guy himself. I'm sure if he's misleading potential students, he'll immediately come clean, because I asked him nicely.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 4:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chilli - you're nobody, simple as, do some proper research. Maybe he has padded his resume - seems to me - that again you should go to Las Vegas, to his club and see if his as his certs on the wall - even then, I'm sure you'd object. Funny thoungh that Balicki consented to be interviewed by this fraud - Dan Inosanto allowed him to participate - among other JKD instructors there - perhaps it's a conspiracy! As for me - I help out my instructor Massan Ghorbani at his club in Bray Ireland, called the Master's Temple, where I am a 1st degree Black. I am also a 3rd Kyu Brown at the oldest Kenpo club in Ireland- The Daigkan and I study JKD/FMA and Silat where I hold various beginner ranks. I actually met Almeria which makes me better qualified than you to talk about him, met him in the presence of his teacher Inosanto - whom you probably haven't met either. I would say, that's who I am. As for Almeria - he can speak for himself - speaks 7 languages, unlke the nonsense you seem to. Seems to me if you or any of your ilk actually were interested in the truth - you would ask the man to his face - that's how the REAL investigators do it. You assumed - know what they say about assuming?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 6:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diesel, I have no idea of his military background, he's Spanish, I do know, as I have Spanish friends that they are obliged to do National Service, I think he also holds US citizenship, so perhaps he also served in their military, when I did a check on him - I saw he had interviewed Balicki for Budo International - on JKD and Shootfighting - I know they are both about the same age, I know Guro Dan has taught LEO & military perhaps (and I know I'm open to a big slap here because it's speculation) they all worked together in that area. Watching Guro Dan at the Valencia seminar, he has a group of instructors that travel with him - demoing while he explains - perhaps that is what occurred. Again - I don't know - I will ask my instructor and see if he can provide some info. I agree his website is a bit underwhelming - I tried a few links myself. But I balk at this routine of somebody having to prove themselves. Inosanto could just have issued a statement at any time rebuking Almeria., he hasn't. Neither as far as I know has anyone else in the JKD world - which I reckon is odd. I'm all for getting shot of frauds, but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater too, eh?

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 9:17am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny thoungh that Balicki consented to be interviewed by this fraud - Dan Inosanto allowed him to participate - among other JKD instructors there - perhaps it's a conspiracy!
    Or perhaps none of them have bothered looking at his website? From all indications, Almeria has trained with Inosanto - it's what qualification he received that is in question.

As for me - I help out my instructor Massan Ghorbani at his club in Bray Ireland, called the Master's Temple, where I am a 1st degree Black. I am also a 3rd Kyu Brown at the oldest Kenpo club in Ireland- The Daigkan and I study JKD/FMA and Silat where I hold various beginner ranks.
    Couldn't care less - not germane to the conversation.

I actually met Almeria which makes me better qualified than you to talk about him,
    Actually, in terms of this discussion, you, me, and some potato farmer in the Ukraine have exactly the same qualifications. The only people who can actually settle this are the ones in the Inosanto Academy.

met him in the presence of his teacher Inosanto - whom you probably haven't met either.
    My first seminar with Inosanto was in 1997, seen him twice since then, and I'll be seeing him again in April.

Seems to me if you or any of your ilk actually were interested in the truth - you would ask the man to his face - that's how the REAL investigators do it.
    Excellent idea. Will you be booking my plane tickets, or shall I just bill you for them?

Again, you're very persistant in not responding to any point I bring up. Do you really think that someone would just come clean because he was asked point-blank? Do you really think that we've never seen an altered or even completely made-up certificate here?

Here's what I suspect will happen:
    a) the Inosanto Academy will not respond, leaving the question in the air, and you will proclaim victory because obviously yada yada yada ...
    b) they will respond, and positively, in which case I will retract my points and apologize and you will crow as if you single-handedly fought off the Mongol hordes.
    c) they will respond, and negatively, in which case you will probably make some excuse and slink away.

You assumed - know what they say about assuming?
    Yes, they say "avoid cliches like the plague." Here's the difference between us: I'm willing to admit I make assumptions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 10:46am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chilli - you asked who I am - read your own letter. Do your own legwork and ask Guro Dan when you see him. I just think you're a self appoinetd idiot with probably zero qualifications in investigations or how to even conduct one, afterall it took me to get you off your butt to even email the Inosanto Academy, you mean that thought never occurred to you until then? Wow! Almeria is also on Facebook, under his own name with an even more extentsive bio, maybe you should check that out too? I won't crow, I just find it sad that you indulge in character assassination of the lowest calibre. The main difference between you, me and a farmer in the Ukraine is, I met Almeria. You have not. You haven't put up any proof since this thread was started in 2010, reflects poorly on this site and it's apparent 'investigative' abilities. Surely ye must have a member in Las Vegas that can walk in and check it out? No?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 11:08am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    According to this thread HERE Almeria was part of an Inosanto Academy instructors apprenticeship but he was let go, for reasons undeclared.

The posters in that thread claim to have spoken to Dan Inosanto's wife.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 12:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And yet Cake, in all that time, this guy has been hawking his wares- stating that he is who he says he is, and nobody but ye lot here has see this? Like the whole Inosanto organisation with their many members - haven't gone 'hey, there's that fraud Almeria...' etc- Only here at Bullshido? I saw Almeria and Inosanto chatting away together at the Valencia Seminar. Strange Guro Dan would do that? I mean - come on, if he's a fraud why have him there, after all if I were a teacher and somebody that I had taught turned up and said I had certified them to teach and I hadn't - I would endorse them? Want to talk with them - have them assist at my seminar? Come on.. That would be damaging my name and my organisation. I can't see Inosanto or any instructor allowing that, Especially not right in front of him. Can you?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 12:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cake, I did read it and the rest of it too, did you? And the part about Vunak? Guro Dan mentioned at the seminar that his missus looks after the Academy BUSINESS side of things and when queried she seemed more than a little vague. I stress here. I'm no fan of Almeria, but I'm no fan of smear campaigns either.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 1:37pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just think you're a self appoinetd idiot with probably zero qualifications in investigations or how to even conduct one I met Almeria. You have not.
    I don't think you quite understand how things are done on this site as apposed to other sites. Here, we get actual proof for the record, rather than hearsay. On the other site that was referenced, you have one guy saying he called the academy and they said he isn't an instructor. Then you have another guy saying that he called and they said that he is. All of that is hearsay and thus worthless. We don't operate that way. Chili, did the correct thing. He sent an email, which, if responded to, will give us a written copy of the answer. This will be evidence. Then we will know the truth which will be posted for everyone to say.

The other thing you are doing is saying that you know the truth based on the claim that you met him. Well that is fine, but it proves nothing. Anyone can claim the met him and he told them all kinds of stuff. Threads go back and forth for weeks when that is allowed. Luckily it isn't.

You are also trying to use logic to prove that what he claims is true. This doesn't work either, because you have to assume a lot about people's motivations, habits, and intent. You can't prove those things, so logic that goes down that route doesn't help anything.

So unless you have some actual proof to provide like screen shots, emails, or pictures, you are not helping this thread any. That is how an investigation is conducted.

I also guess that you didn't notice that no one has looked at or posted in this thread in about a year and a half, until you posted in it.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast