Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/24/2011 11:32am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well now he is certifying Jeet Kune Do on ebay: Yes, for just $99.00 you can learn Jeet Kune Do. But wait, there's more: Order now and with your e-lessons you'll get:

1. 36 interactive lessons coming weekly straight to your email
    2. FREE testing after each level
    3. FREE INSTRUCTOR certificate at the end of the program
    4. FREE consulting
    5. FREE association dues

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jeet-Kune-Do-E-L...item3f0c1fd8fe

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2013 10:43pm

Style: Kenpo/Hapkdo/FMA/Silat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

He is legit.

I met Almeria at the Dan Inosanto seminar In Valencia in Nov '12, he's from Barcelona, but his school is in Las Vegas because he lived there and still does to this day, You won't find him in the Inosanto Academy, because Guro Dan encourages his instructors to do their own thing. I didn't see any issues between them at the seminar and as he is also my instructors instructor(who trains with Almeria through long distance - but will only grade in person with Almeria) I don't see what the debate is all about, also, he owns BUDO - so he isn't short a few bob and as he's genuinely interested in spreading the arts he teaches he often works out cheaper deals - money is not his motivation. He seemed very good at what he's doing to me as we had a private seminar with his lads and he had no problems teaching and gave us what material we asked for. The seminar in Spain was mainly funded by the JKD people that hosted it - that didn't make a profit, they don't really want to - they just want to keep the venue alive as long as Guro Dan can make the trip. In order to keep JKD alive in Europe. Almeria has come to Ireland - again he could be like some and charge the earth for his time and teaching - but he didn't - my instructor just about managed to cover his costs as he doesn't believe in making a fortune off us students either, so - to close this out, he's a pretty humble guy that earned his stripes off Dan Inosanto himself - I suggest you direct your enquiries to the man's face.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaphah View Post
    Well now he is certifying Jeet Kune Do on ebay: Yes, for just $99.00 you can learn Jeet Kune Do. But wait, there's more: Order now and with your e-lessons you'll get:

1. 36 interactive lessons coming weekly straight to your email
    2. FREE testing after each level
    3. FREE INSTRUCTOR certificate at the end of the program
    4. FREE consulting
    5. FREE association dues

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jeet-Kune-Do-E-L...item3f0c1fd8fe

Posted On:
    1/06/2013 11:17pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maelstromd5 View Post
    You won't find him in the Inosanto Academy, because Guro Dan encourages his instructors to do their own thing.
    Can you explain why he's not listed on the Inosanto Academy website?

Neither the US Instructors page, nor the International Instructors page lists him, which would suggest that no, he is not in any way certified by Guro Inosanto - whether or not he encourages his instructors to do their own thing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 9:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My understanding of it...

...is Chilli, is that NONE or few of his main students such as Paul Vunak or even his Son-in-Law Ron are on that list either, they only accredit instructors that still pay Dan a fee for such a service. Like I said - I was present at this seminar, as fo rthat matter so ws Rick Young from the UK and others, I saw no problems - we all even did the pic bit after with Dan and we jumped in with Almeria's group, as I stated, he is my instructor Brian's instructor. We all went for a meal together - the usual seminar stuff The cost structure for his distance courses is really up to him, I do know when my instructor fell on hard times just as he found Sifu Almeria - Alemira said no problem and practially HALVED his fees for Brian on the spot, When Brian travelled to Spain some of his Gradings and face to face - Almeria put him up in his family home and organised family members to accompany Brian while he was busy working during the day. Now lads, I'm 44 - Brian is 26, I've been around MANY so called masters and met the money men and the fakers - which is why I rarely bothered with grading myself until recently - ie the past 6 years. Since then I have been fortunate to meet some real deal instructors, Almeria is one. He knows his stuff and is NOT money motivated, believe me, he's doing just fine as a medical practitioner and his BUDO interests, he loves MA and enjoys teaching. He's a pretty humble guy. Like I said meet him, as for why he's not on the list - get that list and see who else ISN'T on it. Ron Balicki won't be, Dan's wife looks after all that. Hope that helps - I met him once so I'm no fanboy, just genuinely liked him, he was no self promoter or hawking his wares, I only found out about BUDO by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Can you explain why he's not listed on the Inosanto Academy website?

Neither the US Instructors page, nor the International Instructors page lists him, which would suggest that no, he is not in any way certified by Guro Inosanto - whether or not he encourages his instructors to do their own thing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 10:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll use my own personal example to illustrate this another way, I see no reason why by NOT being on some list means anything, I got my Black in Hapkido under Massan Ghorbani - whose Ji Han Jae's student and main instructor here in Ireland, Massan stamped my cert with Jae's personal stamp and yet if you were to go to the 'official' family tree - you would see Massan there but not me, that's because I haven't paid the 200 dollars to Jae for the privilge. Does that mean I didn't earn mine? I also graded that day with Rcihard Mulcahy another instructor - he graded for his 4th dan - I'd say he is on the official tree - but what grade? Debbie - another instructor is a 2nd - she waited so long due to an administrative cock up that she only got her 1st recognised there last year - this was after she graded to 2nd - I really think that ye need to do a LOT more homework on people other than Youtube and other websites lads. Smacks of what you named this site if that is the extent of your investigative abilities.

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 12:08pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really think that ye need to do a LOT more homework on people other than Youtube and other websites lads. Smacks of what you named this site if that is the extent of your investigative abilities.
    Email requesting information sent to the Inosanto Academy. Let's go to the source, shall we?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 2:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Excellent !

Although, I suppose an enquiring mind would ask the obvious question, this guy was at the Inosanto seminar, with Guro Dan shaking his hand and talking to him and letting him ASSIST instruct at that seminar and posing for a pic with him and his group, odd behaviour for teacher to display towards a fraud eh? It's elephants in the room like this that make me shake my head in disgust at ye, I'll bet you have never even met Inosanto for that measure either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Email requesting information sent to the Inosanto Academy. Let's go to the source, shall we?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 2:24pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, these are pretty specific claims:

http://www.beyondjkd.us/shopkalieng.html

After 20 years of training in JKD directly under Dan Inosanto, Sifu Joaquim Almeria received the coveted Instructor Certification in Jeet Kune Do and Kali from Dan Inosanto. Sifu Almeria is one of the few to have had the privilege to teach at the Inosanto Academy. Until not long ago he had his own class. He is also a 6th Dan (shihan) under George Dillman in the art and science of pressure point fighting (Kyusho/Dim Mak) he has made this technology part of his amazing system of real life combat. He is the only one in THE WORLD to blend the pressure point system with the street defense of jkd, the weapons of kali and what he learned about REAL COMBAT WHILE IN THE MILITARY He served in Iraq with the special forces.
    He should be able to provide certifications for these, correct?

http://beyondjkd.us/joomla/

None of his bio links and instructor links work for me for some reason. But should be pretty easy for him to prove.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 2:31pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Although, I suppose an enquiring mind would ask the obvious question, this guy was at the Inosanto seminar, with Guro Dan shaking his hand and talking to him and letting him ASSIST instruct at that seminar and posing for a pic with him and his group, odd behaviour for teacher to display towards a fraud eh? It's elephants in the room like this that make me shake my head in disgust at ye, I'll bet you have never even met Inosanto for that measure either.
    You miss the point. Some of the claims can be deceptive. I trained with a guy who had been do a few seminars with Dan Inosanto. But that doesn't mean he had training UNDER Dan Inosanto. There is a big difference, IMO. But if this guy trained and taught at the academy for 20 years, I would have to think he is legit. In which case, no big deal. Matter of fact, this thread could drive some buisness toward him.

Do you happen to know in what capacity he "served" with special forces?
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 2:45pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guro Dan shaking his hand and talking to him and letting him ASSIST instruct at that seminar and posing for a pic with him and his group, odd behaviour for teacher to display towards a fraud eh?
    Whoa! He shook his hand?? Really?? And he posed for a pic too?? Will wonders never cease!

An enquiring mind would also ask how common that is.

Letting him assist in the seminar is far more rare, but I suspect if a person was a JKD instructor (of whatever level of experience), and hosted a seminar, that it might happen. A far cry from his claim that he's a full instructor and taught class at the academy.

I'll bet you have never even met Inosanto for that measure either.
    And you'd be wrong, but please do continue
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast