Thread: heya !

Style
    Karate Shotokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

heya !

Hello !
    Clearly enough I'm an hyperduper n00b and I just wanted to say hi to ya all : ).
    I've been following this forum for a couple of years now,just didn't thought I had something to post about to contribute as I'm a very amateur MA practitioner ( actually I have practiced karate shotokan style for about 7 years in my country but only for pure passion as I'm not talented at all and I also get illed very often lol).
    At any rate I'm also a student of medicine( *hopefully* halfway from graduating lol) and well I thought I could help somehow in my field and also learning something more about MA from you all guys.
    English is not my native language ,I'm sorry for my poor vocabulary but I hope I managed to make myself understandable.
    /cheers : )

Style
    bjj/judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome, welcome to the forum.

Being pretty new myself I can say in general you can find a lot of great information here, lots of good, dedicated martial artists like yourself.

As long as you have a realistic view of your style and your abilities, you'll get along fine here.

Also its a great place to pick up english slang, being american, I pick up all sorts of words I didn't know before.

What is your native language? What keeps you studying Shotokan?

Style
    Karate Shotokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thank you ^__^!!
    I'm italian,I've studied under the same sensei since I was 13 yo and well I always felt at ease in my gym,always with the same mates (despite the fact it is actually a rather small one). : )
    I'm convinced in a real fighting situation my techniques have some major flaws (the lack of contact in training is something really heavy to balance in my poor opinion,I wouldn't go into detail but this is how I feel about it)though I really enjoyed practicing karate for all these years.
    As for the positive points well I also developed a good flexibility ,a good speed and great respect for the gym mates as my teacher really put a great importance into it.
    I've been on hiatus for quite some time now mostly because of university and well I would like to resume training studying some grappling (probably judo or vale tudo,I've friends in both gyms but I didn't made up my mind on it yet ,advices are welcome also on this point : D ).
    I still train just to keep my cardio on my own but really it's not the same thing without a teacher(and also without a sparring partner!!!) : ( .
    Nice to meet you ^__^!!!
    What about you mate?

Style
    bjj/judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am looking to split my time at the same dojo for judo(combat sports) and miyama ryu(self defense). Cost and time are always an issue, but somehow the good martial artists find time.

Style
    Karate Shotokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh well I guess it is very true for the good martial artist...I'm not sure if the good doc can find all that time as well
    /cheers