• Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2002 12:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I ran across an article a few days ago on the message board somewhere and read it. I'm hoping all of you guys have gotten a chance to read it as well, if not here it is.

http://www.libertocracy.com/Webessay...arts_abuse.htm

I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on the article, not just instructors but students as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2002 12:35am

Style: Dynamic Combat,TaeKwondo,Judo,Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's really stupid. You can't blame all martial artists over the acts of a few sick people. There're so many accounts of children and adults bettering their lives through martial arts, but sadly there's also those bad apples. Just like in any other profession. Doctors have raped, and taken advantage, of patients but that does that make all doctors bad? Someone should write them.

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    11/11/2002 12:49am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If there's enough people, there will be some who make crap up without having any knowledge of it themselves. Martial arts abuses kids and makes them into monsters and other crap...

I learned how to fight well, and got in shape - thats it. Who thinks up this crap?

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2002 12:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is also another article that I linked to from the page.
    <url>
    http://www.libertocracy.com/Webessays/Sports/abuse/Martial_Child_Abuse.htm
    </url>

This article got me angry as well. It talked about how parents who put children into martial arts do it so they can be entertained by watching them fight each other, just like watching a dog fight.
    I agree DCM, someone should write them. I hope that whoever reads the article does write them, because I know I am.
  5. Michael

Posted On:
    11/11/2002 4:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me see what was my response before?......oh yeah....damn hippies......

Two guys walk into a bar....ouch that's gotta hurt.
  6. 9chambers

Posted On:
    11/11/2002 11:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    < -- wrote them too

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2002 11:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually they look like a bunch of damn quasi-traditional conservative, radical Libertarians (though I don't mean to affiliate any Libertarians with those fucking cretins).

Taking a break

Posted On:
    11/11/2002 11:58am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't bother. This is an article that uses the phrase 'feminazi' and on the nav bar on the left it spells women 'womin'
    I think its fair to say that anybody who regularly reads anything on that site isn't going to be the sort of person who'll be swayed by your arguments.
    Its just depressing that these people always assume they represent the silent majority. The thing, is, they're silent, they're not telling anybody whos side they're on.
    I'll shut up now and hope they all die off soon before they get the chance to breed.

"Not in the face!"
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2002 3:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (though I don't mean to affiliate any Libertarians with those fucking cretins).
    hey thats not very nice to the "fucking cretins", note even someone who would fit in that catergory would write something this stupid...

dorje

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2002 4:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but on the other hand... allthough its pretty clear that the authors of that page are complete zeros, we shouldn apply "guilt by association to the subject.

i mean, thats what this page is all about, to consider, discuss and expose various frauds/fallacies within the field of martial arts, right.

and im pretty sure, that we Can find mcdojos that are just as bad as that article states (if not as bad in all areas, then at least in some).

it would be intresting to discuss what you think might be the reason that causes this kind of situation.

i think ill start a new topic for such a discussion (if anyone is intrested), and maby someone could create a link to it here (i dont know how to).

dorje