Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 4:49am

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lesnar has shown that he doesn't like being hit (Mir II/Couture) No one has been able to survive the first round with Carwin. I can't see this fight being any different to Carwin's other fights.

I cannot wait to see that walking boner on the canvas, ktfo.

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 5:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want this to be a titanic fight that shakes the earth itself but the truth of it will be Lesnar getting an early takedown each round and grinding out a win John Fitch style.

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 5:33am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Lesnar is naturally the better Athlete and i would put my money on him in a straight up Wrestling match.

However Carwin is technically superior and has good hands for a Huge guy. (Lesnars boxing has looked average at best)

I'm expecting another Carwin first round KO but i would'nt be suprised if we see another GNP win for Lesnar either.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 5:42am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I hate to say this, but most of you are going to be very disappointed as the only chance Carwin has is the "punchers chance."

I do not think Lessnar is going to be stupid enough to try and slug it out with Carwin. If that happens then yes, its going to be an early fight. However, I don't think that will be the case at all.

Look for Lessnar to take Carwin down at will, and just pound out another Victory. Unless he walks into one like Chuck did, then its all over.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 5:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agree with Tripp. I expect a whole lot of Lesnar grinding Carwin against the fence and then holding him down and peppering him with small shots for the rest of the time. I'll take Lesnar by UD.

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 6:09am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Carwin CAN win, because he has KO power and Lesnar has shown he can be hurt. Mir hurt him in the all too brief moments of standup in Lesnar/Mir II. But the odds have to favor Lesnar. He has better wrestling. I suspect he's stronger. And he's had at least one fight go the distance. Plus Mir, Randy and Herring > Mir, Gonzaga and nobodies.

Either way, though...

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 6:20am

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm British therfore wrestling is alien to me but I seem to recall Randy outwrestling the big man despite an 80lbs weight difference.

And isn't Carwin a decorated wrestler too?

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 6:29am

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brock and Shane both had good collegiate wrestling careers, but Brock wrestled in Division 1 and had an amazing win record.

Randy was an olympic alternate, and in any case, it just seems the Greco Roman wrestling just translates better into MMA.

That being said, I hope Carwin wins via KO. But I think that Brock will grind out the decision.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 8:00am

Style: BJJ & K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My prediction is Carwin to shake Lesnar early then to win by by knockout from his back late in the first early in the second having been taken down several times by Brock.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 8:49am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this one is hard. i don't think either fighter has faced someone the size of each other. it'll be the first time they don't have a size advantage as far as i'm aware.

it'll either be carwin with a standing KO or brock via GnP.

carwins' performance against mir really impressed me, but if you force me to choose, i think i'd pick brock.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast