Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 5:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Why I think Carwin will Beat Lesnar

Up until now, no one has been able to avoid Lesnar’s takedowns because of his size and sheer strength—Mir was not able to do so, twice, and Couture was only able to hold him off for a short time during their bout. Carwin is known to be just as strong as Lesnar and should be able to match power for power versus the WWE star. When his size and strength fails to down Carwin, it is likely Lesnar will try to turn this fight into a striking war of which Carwin is the superior on his feet.

Though both fighters are powerful strikers, Carwin is able to combine his strong blows with technique. Lennar has the tendency to “push” his punches in that he leans too far forward which makes him vulnerable to his opponent’s counter attack. Lesner has yet to face such a physically strong striker—Mir and Couture could not match him blow for blow, nor could Heath Herring. He is accustomed to being the physically dominant one in his matches and when this fails, Lesner has very little to fall back on.

http://www.fighting-mma.com/mma-matc...ane-carwin.php

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 6:25pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough. It remains to be seen who's genuinely stronger though. Who has Lesnar been working with for striking?

('._.)

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 9:20pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But what happens if the fight goes past the first round? Carwins cardio is unproven and I doubt its as amazing as Lesnars, who has inhuman cardio for a man his size. I hate to say it, but my prediction is Lesnar by TKO in round 4 or 5. Lesnar puts Carwin on his back and wears him out :(

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 9:29pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lenar has and always will have his wrestling to fall back on. His credentials are well documented and his ability to implement his strengths have bought him success so far.

Carwin is strong no doubt, better striker no arguement. However I dont beleive that Carwin can neutralize Lesnar's wrestling. Nor do I beleive that Carwin is physicaly stronger then Lesnar.

Lesnars striking though I doubt will ever be world class, could be enough to close the gap and get in close. If he doesnt there is no doubt that Carwin will put him to sleep.

Looking forward to the fight, but I think both men will need to fight tactically and implement a very good game plan.

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 9:44pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate to say it, but my prediction is Lesnar by TKO in round 4 or 5. Lesnar puts Carwin on his back and wears him out :(
    I don't think it gets that far either way. Carwin will cave Lesnar's head in, or Lesnar will take him down and pound him out.

I'm taking Carwin, myself. Standing, it's not even a contest. His boxing might not be the prettiest, but there's no denying that if he hits you clean, you're finished. Lesnar landed a big right to Herring and he went flying across the cage. Carwin landed a big right to Gonzaga and he dropped like he'd been shot. Lesnar's chin is untested, at best.

While he almost certainly doesn't emphasize his wrestling the way Lesnar does, he may be just good enough to not get manhandled like everyone else so far. Besides that, Lesnar's two biggest advantages over everyone have been his freakish size and strength, and Carwin is close enough, if not equal, to bring it about even on that.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 9:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea, its most definitely going to come down to Lesnar's ability to take down Carwin. Its going to be a freakshow, I cant wait.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 10:11pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Carwin has the secret weapon though....GREG JACKSON. Guaranteed all he is gonna be training is takedown defense and knocking Cock Chestnar the **** out. Carwin by 1st or 2nd round KO/TKO. I would love to see Carwin win through some crazy sub though, like a 280 pound flying armbar. A man can dream can't he?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 10:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is truly a battle of the beasts! I cant wait.

Some heretofore incalculable parameters are going to be pushed here and some previously unknown quantities of hulkness are going to be established.
    Namely the strength of Lesnar's chin and/or Carwin's durability and wrestling defense.

Could possibly be a sight to behold if it lasts awhile.

Two Freeking Train Wrecks headed for each other at amazing speed for heavyweights.

Did I mention I cant wait?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 10:37pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They made a movie about this fight guys!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 10:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbydeth View Post
    They made a movie about this fight guys!

SWEEET!!

Thanks for reminding me. I knew I had seen a fight like Lesnar/Carwin before!
Page 1 of 18 1 234511 ... LastLast