Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 5:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kakuto Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Possible Hip Labral Tear

I know I should see a doctor. Still workign on that.

I was working retail at the time from 11am- 8pm and then a buoncer job from 9pm-2am. I had to stand all on concrete. This didnt bother me, but I didnt realize that it was slowly putting alot of stress on my joints. I was doing the splits and I leaned forward to get a better stretch and I felt my left hip crumble. I believe I have a torn labral now. In time ill get surgery. But I have alot of prep to do before that.

What should I not do excersize and technique (i.e. kicking) wise. What should I do to help keep it strong. I work with it to keep it strong. But ide still like to hear everyone thoughts on this. And also if you could tell me anything I havnt thought to ask.

Thanks for your time.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 5:28pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get some really good compression shorts to wear and do NO EXERCISE AT ALL until your surgery. Unless you just hate your hip and want to destroy it.

Posted On:
    8/01/2010 8:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hip labral tear

How do you know you have a hip labral tear?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 6:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung fu/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you had your hip MIR'd yet? Thats the only way to tell. I have a labral tear in my right hip, the doctors kept telling me I had a bad groin pull.

I had to take off of training for about 4 months. There is really not much else you can do. I could not even do a sit up with out a shooting pain from my hip. Then I had a cortizone injection into the hip, Dr gave it 50% chance of getting ride of all symptoms, doesnt cure anything though, but it worked! I had to give up kicking or any impact on the joint, just concentrating on BJJ.

I know full well I will have to deal with surgery, but the MIR revealed that a hip replacement is in my future. So ya, gonna put it off till I do something stupid and have to get it done
    Last edited by maxattck; 8/04/2010 6:28pm at .

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 9:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hip labral tear

There is a test where you flex your hip to your end range, maximally externally rotate your hip. and then abduct it, a pop or click with pain is a sign of a hip labral tear. It's actaully quite common in kicking martial arts and in soccer. It's kinda like impingement of the shoulder, except it's in your hip.