l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 1:17pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    REALLY hot aerobics teachers....

...guess who had a mini mag light and was able to lead said ladies to their respective rooms.....

Nuff said on the subject?
    This is why I want to be you when I grow up
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 1:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami View Post
    This is why I want to be you when I grow up
    I'll never grow up. But when I hit my midlife crisis, I'll change my name to Mark Tripp 2, and try to join the Legionnaires. Taking these words to heart, I'll also carry a maglite in my pants.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 1:30pm

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you aren't into flashlights get yourself a nice, high quality, heavy pen. You can carry it or airplanes and everything. It even can be used to write down the phone numbers of the hot aerobics instructors.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 1:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1K3 View Post
    If you aren't into flashlights get yourself a nice, high quality, heavy pen. You can carry it or airplanes and everything. It even can be used to write down the phone numbers of the hot aerobics instructors.
    Not in the dark you won't....

...but tactical pens work too, I have the cold steel sharkie.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 1:46pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Not in the dark you won't....

...but tactical pens work too, I have the cold steel sharkie.
    I have seen that on the internet. Does that have any real difference to the normal felt pens you would buy at the supermarket?

atracting hot aerobic chicks to the light aside has any one got one of those uber tactical cookie cutter tac lights or do they just verge on the silly

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 1:51pm

Style: Kyokushin, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mate of mine had a maglite-esque torch that if you flipped off the top of it you could then use it as a stun gun.

So you could hit them and then electrocute them.
    Or electrocute them then hit them.

Whichever took your fancy.

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 1:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    I have seen that on the internet. Does that have any real difference to the normal felt pens you would buy at the supermarket?

atracting hot aerobic chicks to the light aside has any one got one of those uber tactical cookie cutter tac lights or do they just verge on the silly
    Yes, HUGE difference between a normal felt pen and a cold steel sharkie. Get one.

Yes, I had the defender from surelight, my problem is the batteries. You can only put their battery you get from them into it.

Currently I am using a small led flashlight I got from Sam's Club, VERY solid, lots of light, way more than a mini mag, but it uses regular aaa batteries.

Ones with stun guns and the like in them are simply asking to go to jail and I would leave them alone.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 2:06pm

Style: Kyokushin, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes the stun gun combo's highly illegal in my country where even our cops wouldn't have stun devices. I like the Mag light myself its completely innocuous but am intrigued by the steel sharkies.

MTripp are you saying that flashlights are superior as potential defensive weapons or is it just a personal preference thing?

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 2:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dargentus View Post
    Yes the stun gun combo's highly illegal in my country where even our cops wouldn't have stun devices. I like the Mag light myself its completely innocuous but am intrigued by the steel sharkies.

MTripp are you saying that flashlights are superior as potential defensive weapons or is it just a personal preference thing?
    Well, lets define terms:

A "weapon" is something the bad guys use.

A "PPD" or "Personal Protection Device" is a LEGAL tool used for the personal protection of its owner. The key there is legal. So anything illegal is not a PPD and should not be carried.

My feeling is a Kubotan has only ONE use, that as a Yawara Stick.

A solid small flashlight is also a Yawara stick, but, its MAIN purpose is an illumination device, which moves it from martial art weapon to legal to own and carry anywhere.

When we add the concept of "flashing" the eyes of the attacker to blind them to allow escape or counter attack, we get even more points in the favor.

The simple concept of someone with a flashlight is looking about as they go to their car, is going to be a huge deterrent to the bad guys. You are denying them darkness and they have to wonder what else you have. Add to it most people with flashlights are cops/security, its just simpler to pick an easier target.

So yes, I am saying the kubotan, ESPECIALLY the ones made with spikes and the like, are simply not as good as a solid tactical flashlight.

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 3:44pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Sharkie is about the only reasonably priced "tacticool" pen I've seen. The old advice I got -- "old" being before anyone marketed a tacticool pen -- was buy a steel barreled pen from a stationary store. I haven't comparison shopped lately, but it's probably still cheaper. The only advantage to a pen is it is somewhat easier to take into secure areas. I've seen flashlights hasssled from people in certain places.

Buy the flashlight and the pen.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast