Posted On:
    2/22/2004 12:21am

Style: Deciding On A Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mike Ciesnolevicz~ Ultimate Fighter

By Linda Schylaske
    linda-s@citizenstandard.com

What does it take to be an Ultimate Fighter? Mike Ciesnolevicz, a Williamstown resident, 1998 graduate of Williams Valley, and professional fighter is taking his career to a new level.

Ciesnolevicz recently informed his family and friends that he is moving to Bettendorf, Iowa at the end of February to train with Pat Miletich, former five time UFC middleweight champion of the world. Miletich now works on producing the best fight team in the world and has accepted Ciesnolevicz for training.

Ciesnolevicz, who made his debut in Atlantic City Nov. 1 during a Reality Fighting 5 No Holds Barred event, will begin his day at the training facility with weight training in the morning, followed by kickboxing. The afternoon will consist of submission wrestling techniques and light training. In the evening he will be doing full contact all around training similar to a professional fight.

The training is very intense and a lot of guys quit after a few weeks of this, said Ciesnolevicz, a recent graduate of Lock Haven University. Im not naive, I know Im going into a gym where Im gonna have to get beat down to build up.

These guys are the best in the world at what they do but if I persevere Im going to be the guy giving the beating sooner or later.

The main thing is I have to stick it out and remember why I moved to Iowa in the first place, Ciesnolevicz added. I know there might be a time when I feel like I should quit or that this wasnt meant for me. Im mentally preparing for that already.

Fighting is a hybrid sport involving boxing, wrestling, kickboxing and martial arts in one discipline. The sport is also called extreme fighting or reality fighting.

When I was in Iowa last summer visiting Pat Miletich at the Miletich Fighting Systems he told me that he thought I had a lot of potential and a hard work ethic, said Ciesnolevicz. He said if I wanted to come out there he would manage me and give me the chance to live out my dream of making it in the Ultimate Fight world. I mean, this is the guy I watch fight on pay-per-view and just hoped someday I would meet him and now hes gonna be my trainer!

This wasnt an easy decision for me to make - to leave all my friends and family to start over. Its gonna be hard to adjust but I think thatll happen over time, said Ciesnolevicz. My family wants me to be happy but in a way they dont want to see me go. However, they know its my dream and Im a big boy now so they support me. This is something I have to do - I dont want to regret it 10 years from now if I dont do this.

While at the Miletich Fighting System facilities Ciesnolevicz will be training for the Light Heavyweight Championship fight scheduled for April 3 in Wildwood, New Jersey. Ciesnoleviczs fight will be one of three main event title fights on the 17 fight card.

Im really excited to be getting such a big fight this early in my career, said Ciesnolevicz. My opponent, Shannon McGee is the current champ and has been undefeated for three years. The critics and fans out there are saying that he is too experienced and is going to be too much for me this early in my career. I am definitely the underdog.

I know this sounds a little extreme, but I dont see how he can win because I have no quit in me, Ciesnolevicz adds. I will not give up no matter what happens. Im not leaving Wildwood without that belt in my hands. Its gonna be war and Im preparing for that as we speak.

Come fight night Im gonna have a lot of emotions running through my body, Ciesnolevicz said. The one thing I wont be is scared because of who Im training with and the preparation Im putting into this.

Im 100% confident that Im going to win this fight. The guy Im fighting is tough but hes not going to be anywhere near the level of my training partners in Iowa.

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    2/22/2004 12:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He needs a nickname badly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2004 12:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mike definately took on quite a physical challenge, but it's his dream to become a champion & now's the time to give it a go if he's ever gonna do it :D

There's some pictures of his last Reality Fight from Atlantic City, more articles & a link to his journal which tells what's happening at the Miletick Training Facility he's attending right now. Those guys are beating him up! :p

http://www.beyondmass.com/forums/sho...?threadid=5520

Mike's journal while at the Miletick Training Facility~

http://www.beyondmass.com/forums/sho...&threadid=6124

He's a cool guy to talk to so if you have any questions about his training, etc. don't be shy about commenting on his thread.
    Last edited by Sachet; 2/24/2004 9:23pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2004 12:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :D Yes, he does need a nickname blankslate *lmao*
    He uses RUTHLESS as his screen name..

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/22/2004 11:21am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about El Polaco?

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    2/22/2004 11:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hehe

Call him Mike "CHAOS" Ciesli....
    Last edited by blankslate; 2/22/2004 11:32pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2004 9:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmm.. El Polaco.. CHAOS Ciesli..

I'll pass them by him ;)

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/25/2004 12:22am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll be looking for him on the scene.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 2:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega~

It's interesting to watch.. isn't it?! ;)

Although the 'championship' fight got cancelled and he doesn't have another one scheduled til May.
    In a way it's good because he really took a woopin' when he first got to Iowa *lol* and I don't think he's taking proper rests between trainings.
    He's also visited Alvino Pena's boxing gym {supposedly known world wide to turn out champions} and Pena is working with him as well.
    MrO left an interesting post in the journal about it..

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 2:58am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL Blanky...

Fighting is a hybrid sport involving boxing, wrestling, kickboxing and martial arts in one discipline. The sport is also called extreme fighting or reality fighting.
    Fighting is a hybrid sport?
    Boxing, wrestling, kickboxing aren't martial arts?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido