Page 9 of 9 First ... 56789
    Just waiting for the paperboy. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    since ive seen monkfg posting i suddenly understood why the english wanted to carpetbomb each city during ww2.
    thousands would be killed just to get that one annoying fucker.
    and it be worth it.

Style
    On Hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    I am so excited about being a dirty old man.

DerAuslander108, Age 70

On another note, where did Jim_Jude bugger off to? Did he just storm off in a huff and never return?

Style
    Tang soo do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As someone who regularly spars standup against a couple of seniors (don't know exact age, certainly less than 70, and I am almost certain more than 55), you discount these guys at your own peril. One is a brown belt, and while he still is not super flexible, he can still tag me in the stomach with his kicks - and it hurts - and even though giving up many inches in reach he can punch me almost at will. The newer old guy (just doing this for a few months) just placed second in the beginner kumite division in the local TKA tournament (tang soo do) - first in that division was won by a younger guy that takes classes in a sister school that also does more "alive" continuous sparring as we do. Neither of these guys are fragile in the least. The older one only gets angry if I lose control and hit him too hard in the head - fair enough - that's all part of the mutual welfare and benefit principle.

Anyway - that's just my experience. I hesitate to speak for anyone, but these guys seem to enjoy sparring as much as I do - and we do continuous sparring every class, with control.

Page 9 of 9 First ... 56789