228411 Bullies, 4411 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 83
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. gregaquaman is offline
    gregaquaman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,569

    Posted On:
    6/15/2010 11:03am

    Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am confused how we have set the bench mark on the ability to defend ourelves from an attack as if we get a choice as to who will attack us.

    If somone leaps out with a Machette and starts getting stuck in we are all going to get fucked up alive training or not.
  2. M1K3 is offline
    M1K3's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    2,367

    Posted On:
    6/15/2010 11:49am


     Style: submission grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    I am confused how we have set the bench mark on the ability to defend ourelves from an attack as if we get a choice as to who will attack us.

    If somone leaps out with a Machette and starts getting stuck in we are all going to get fucked up alive training or not.
    Actually we do get to pick who attacks us, well sort of. What I mean is if you don't do dumb **** like wandering down dark alleys and roaming at night on the streets by yourself and hanging out in high crime areas flashing wads of cash the chances of you be attacked are pretty fucking slim. Avoid places with large amounts of alcohol and testosterone and you have improved your odds of not being in a fight even more.
  3. Mage is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    26

    Posted On:
    6/15/2010 11:58am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Give grandma a shotgun.
  4. gregaquaman is offline
    gregaquaman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,569

    Posted On:
    6/15/2010 12:09pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1K3 View Post
    Actually we do get to pick who attacks us, well sort of. What I mean is if you don't do dumb **** like wandering down dark alleys and roaming at night on the streets by yourself and hanging out in high crime areas flashing wads of cash the chances of you be attacked are pretty fucking slim. Avoid places with large amounts of alcohol and testosterone and you have improved your odds of not being in a fight even more.

    in that regards I agree
  5. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    6/15/2010 12:11pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I may have to have this thread moved from MABS so the peanut gallery understands that they need to actually think before they post.
  6. gregaquaman is offline
    gregaquaman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,569

    Posted On:
    6/15/2010 12:12pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mage View Post
    Give grandma a shotgun.
    when I read this I had a mental image of an 80 year old nanna trying to stop an offender with a 12 guage.

    I think this is what reality TV has been missing.
  7. M1K3 is offline
    M1K3's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    2,367

    Posted On:
    6/15/2010 12:20pm


     Style: submission grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    I may have to have this thread moved from MABS so the peanut gallery understands that they need to actually think before they post.
    As far as I know this thread has always been in YMAS. I almost never post in MABS because usually I have nothing to say there.

    If not, mea culpa.
  8. RaiderFunk is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    565

    Posted On:
    6/15/2010 12:29pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *groan* ok...then do this...

    Get a gun, a license, concealed weapon permit, a good lawyer and a kevlar vest....

    That's the best self defense...learning a fighting style will not put you on equal footing with an attacker, club fight, some dude pushing you in line...any of that. Fights are never fair and even bruce lee would get his ass kicked if I hit his ass with a chair first, or shot him or stabbed him in the urinal.

    Aliveness is about your level of training and whether you are learning and sparring with resisting opponents with minimal protection.
  9. Hesperus is offline
    Hesperus's Avatar

    it's all vanity

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great Plains
    Posts
    3,045

    Posted On:
    6/15/2010 12:39pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know the guy's age, but I saw a sixty year old going on seventy white belt step up to shiai last summer.

    He lost both of his senior division matches and took a little while to get up after being thrown, but he stepped up. Not only was he training with aliveness, he competed.
  10. maofas is offline
    maofas's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,975

    Posted On:
    6/15/2010 12:47pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People keep thinking alive = full-contact. If you have a brittle senior citizen, they can still do drills (and sparring) with motion/timing/energy that aren't boring and worthless....just don't do it with a ton of force/contact.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.