Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a pretty decent little collection of knives. I finally got a good-sized stilletto a year or two ago...(they are illegal here) and I like the action on it.
    For practical,quick action purposes I always carried my punch knife on my hip.
    But I am past that stage now and live in a city where it is really not neccesary to carry one unless you run in certain circles, which I do not anymore.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    bullshit you aren't, or instead of saying "cool-guy 5000" you would have just said "emerson".

**** you, you *are* criticizing, and trying to bait an argument, so don't pretend that you aren't.
    You're right, my comment on the Emerson knives was bullshit. I was trying to be humorous (something I definitely failed at), and in retrospect it was a pretty fucking stupid thing that I can see offending someone. I offer my apologies if I offended anyone in the thread, it really was not my intention. A failure on my part to properly alliterate my point does not constitute a failure on anyone else to understand me. I'll endeavor to think a lot harder about my posts before I start typing in the future. Sorry again.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Strider tanto style...or an Emerson utility. Not really picky...as a $10.00 chinese spyderco ripoff would do the job, if worse came to absolute worst. :eusa_doh:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    Strider tanto style...or an Emerson utility. Not really picky...as a $10.00 chinese spyderco ripoff would do the job, if worse came to absolute worst. :eusa_doh:
    Stick to the Emerson. If the Strider is the one I think it is, keep it for show off purposes only.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    Stick to the Emerson. If the Strider is the one I think it is, keep it for show off purposes only.

I show it off...and I use it. It's pretty much good for everything I want it to be good for. =)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    I show it off...and I use it. It's pretty much good for everything I want it to be good for. =)
    Well I guess if you've got the money to put down on one, go for it... Dude... 500 dollar EDC blade? You friggin' showoff...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In australia, thankfully, the law comes down hard on anyone carrying knives. But for use at home I have a marttiini that i'm fond of.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    Well I guess if you've got the money to put down on one, go for it... Dude... 500 dollar EDC blade? You friggin' showoff...
    zaohu,

**** man, you should have seen what I carried in Iraq. The $400 Strider folder in my pocket was the least of it. :)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Noctem View Post
    zaohu,

**** man, you should have seen what I carried in Iraq. The $400 Strider folder in my pocket was the least of it. :)
    So, erm... Ahem... You do know Striders are total crap, right? You should send it to me to dispose of properly for you... Please...?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a carrying around knife, a Winchester multi-tool.

I love my khukuri, but carrying around a 15" part-knife, part-hatchet on my belt would garner funny looks in a best case scenario.

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last