Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 12:55pm

Style: The grapply boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My favourites are the Shorty KA-BAR and the Smith & Wesson HRT Boot Knife. The S&W is great fun for throwing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 2:23pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My personal favourite: the kerambit! Comes from the Malay Archipelago (Indonesia, and is used in Penjak Silat), and this "ring" on the back is a hole where you put your thumb, so it's practically impossible to take away from you. Also, it has a very handy pocket clip, so when you put it in you pocket, it looks like just a weird pen or something.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 9:11pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One word: Emerson

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    7/14/2010 5:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I collect all manner of edged weapons and have many different knives.

I have cold steel knives, CRKT knives, Benchmade knives.

Right now I am carrying a benchmade Onslaught. very nice.

very very nice...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2010 9:35pm

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Strider, Emerson, Benchmade, Spyderco. I have an old ass Masters of Defense "Hornet" that is my default "small" folder. I also have a couple Hideaway knives.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    7/14/2010 9:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    emerson cqc7b
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2010 11:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Filipino Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The one I have on/near me, be it an Emerson Cool-Guy 5000 or a sharp stick. I'm not trying to act tough or be facetious either. I asked this same question of one of my teachers once, and his response to me was to ask me why I would invest myself in one particular thing so heavily that if I were to need it and not have it on me (for whatever reason) I could potentially put myself at a disadvantage psychologically. I'm not criticizing anyone else (or trying to bait an argument), I'm just throwing out my take on it.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    7/17/2010 8:44am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    ... Emerson Cool-Guy 5000...
    I'm not criticizing anyone else (or trying to bait an argument), I'm just throwing out my take on it.
    bullshit you aren't, or instead of saying "cool-guy 5000" you would have just said "emerson".

**** you, you *are* criticizing, and trying to bait an argument, so don't pretend that you aren't.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    7/17/2010 9:09am

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    The one I have on/near me, be it an Emerson Cool-Guy 5000 or a sharp stick. I'm not trying to act tough or be facetious either. I asked this same question of one of my teachers once, and his response to me was to ask me why I would invest myself in one particular thing so heavily that if I were to need it and not have it on me (for whatever reason) I could potentially put myself at a disadvantage psychologically. I'm not criticizing anyone else (or trying to bait an argument), I'm just throwing out my take on it.
    Sounds to me like a non issue. IF you're concerned about not having it on you, then make sure you always have it on you. Same goes for a CCW if you carry one. There's ALWAYS a knife on me. I mean, literally, unless I'm in the shower or on a plane there's a knife on my person. It's not that hard. It's not like it's a heavy piece of equipment, it's like carrying a wallet except it's easier because my wallet is around 5 ounces and my knife is around 2.3.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    7/17/2010 10:21am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got a Spyderco Salt 1 (plain edge) as a gift that is made out of some rust proof nitrogen steel and although not razor sharp the damn thing will NOT dull. IT is yellow and kind of funny looking so it wasn't my favorite when I got it but after a year of not sharpening it it is exactly the same as the day I got it so I'm warming up to it quite a bit.

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=174
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast