Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lismore, NSW
    Posts
    14
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Favourite Knife(ves)

    Hey there fellow users, I myself am a fan of knives, and wanted to know what tickled your fancies when it came to them. Mine myself is the Balisong or butterfly knife as its commonly called.

    I'd love to own one, but I'm not sure how NSW laws go about possessing such a beautiful item. Any way I'd love to know what you like.

  2. #2
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,728
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    new south wales? you can't. see that was easy.
    if you are that way inclined there is a shop in Melbs called Global Gear which pretty much sells all the cool tactical ninja death style knives you can legaly own.

    by the way I like the leatherman

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lismore, NSW
    Posts
    14
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    new south wales? you can't. see that was easy.
    if you are that way inclined there is a shop in Melbs called Global Gear which pretty much sells all the cool tactical ninja death style knives you can legaly own.

    by the way I like the leatherman
    Thanks for the tip. I'm probably not that inclined, to go all the way to Melb, but you never know, if I'm in the area...

    Leatherman, nice choice.

  4. #4
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,728
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daggy View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I'm probably not that inclined, to go all the way to Melb, but you never know, if I'm in the area...

    Leatherman, nice choice.
    they also have on of the better websites in aus and you can order on line
    http://www.globalgear.com.au/

    you can get a balisong bottle opener. probbly get more use out of it anyway

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lismore, NSW
    Posts
    14
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    they also have on of the better websites in aus and you can order on line
    http://www.globalgear.com.au/

    you can get a balisong bottle opener. probbly get more use out of it anyway
    Thanks again. That place looks amazing!
    Lol your probably right about the balisong bottler opener, would still be cool.

  6. #6
    IMightBeWrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,055
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love Leatherman tools. I have a Juice in my pocket right now and am looking into buying a Charge in titanium (with an S30V blade!). They rock.

    As for my all time favorite knife, that honor goes to the USMC Ka-Bar. I love them. As far as folders go, I personally believe Spyderco makes the highest quality in the industry at the moment followed by Benchmade, Emerson, and SOG (for reasonable prices at least).

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    612
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For me, I will carry any Benchmade, MOD, or Emerson knife. I currently carry a Benchmade. Outside of those three manufacturers, I carry my Gerber Gator and on occasion my Gerber Mark 2.

  8. #8
    money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    1,580
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    I love Leatherman tools. I have a Juice in my pocket right now and am looking into buying a Charge in titanium (with an S30V blade!). They rock.

    As for my all time favorite knife, that honor goes to the USMC Ka-Bar. I love them. As far as folders go, I personally believe Spyderco makes the highest quality in the industry at the moment followed by Benchmade, Emerson, and SOG (for reasonable prices at least).
    I have one of those that I typically use as a general purpose tool and for firearm maintenance/tweaking. I've been very happy with it and it's taken on any task I've been able to throw at it so far with no problems.

    My daily carry is a Spyderco Delica4 (Emerson opener) that I got a few weeks ago and freaking love. When hiking I carry a SOG Seal Pup.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,354
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a huge fan of Benchmades; I love their axis lock, and I carry 2 of them at a time.

  10. #10
    Vorpal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    A Hell of my own making
    Posts
    3,082
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found the Swiss Army type knives the most useful when I was active duty (my German Army one was my favorite, good knife). For fixed blades I liked my Randalls. I had a number 1 with a micarta handal and a stock number 14. Good top shelf stuff.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO