Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 4:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    I remember seeing such a scene in one of the trailers.
    My YouTubeFu is strong:

YouTube- Watch the new THE KARATE KID International Trailer

Looks like the line was dubbed in for the international trailer; it doesn't appear in the movie itself.

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 5:24pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Jenkins View Post
    Did not think I would learn that, here. Well struck.

To those who've seen it, how do they square the title with the fact that this is in Beijing and Kung Fu?
    It's a remake of Karate kid, The story is pretty similar also. Yeah I giggled at watching Jackie own abunch of 12-13 year olds :)

but overall it was just plain epic and great!!

have you seen it yet? if not...its totaly more then worth it!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 12:05am

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tsukyomi,

You are absolutely right in seeing Jackie Chan fight younglings....that was weird and funny. Really, the age thing was just odd the whole way through...including the kiss scene, even though it was well done it was...it was creepy b/c of the age thing.

The reference to Karate Kid totally makes sense...its the same movie, just in China. Its almost totally the same in concept; the water park/arcade scene in original KK is replaced with a water fountain/arcade scene...the boat/balance scene, etc...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 12:27am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomamao View Post
    I have also been soccer-kicked in the nuts... first time was in high school and I fell like a ton of bricks; oddly enough, though, later in life I've been able to suck up the pain and still go at it. I living in NYC also should just ask to go to the movies with the OP all the time, as he'd obviously be one hell of a cool guy to party with. I think he's my idol right about now. :bowdown:
    yeah...nut kick hurts but if the dude you're fighting is still punching you you tend to shake that off fast. I have learned that broken noses...kicked nuts and poked eyes are not fight enders...specially if both or one of the combatants is drunk...adrenaline is something else. People who are drunk and high don't usually realize they are hurt till after the fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 10:36am

Style: Bayless Freestyle JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -OP

Are you the guy on mmajunkie who told the story about getting in a fight in the parking lot of the movie theatre after watcing Never Back Down?

Or is your last name Sims?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 12:17pm

Style: BJJ (blue), Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have also been soccer-kicked in the nuts... first time was in high school and I fell like a ton of bricks; oddly enough, though, later in life I've been able to suck up the pain and still go at it. I living in NYC also should just ask to go to the movies with the OP all the time, as he'd obviously be one hell of a cool guy to party with. I think he's my idol right about now. :bowdown:

Really? It dropped you? The only time in my life I was kicked in the nuts (outside of sparring), I felt it, but only slightly due to the adrenaline from being in the middle of a real fight. It didn't phase me one bit. I was actually a little shocked that I actually got hit that hard in the nuts, but the pain didn't actually start setting in until the fight had ended. Watching the destruction of Joe Son's balls by Keith Hackney (to no avail) at UFC 3 made me think that maybe I wasn't alone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 5:27pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJayBoogie View Post
    yeah...nut kick hurts but if the dude you're fighting is still punching you you tend to shake that off fast. I have learned that broken noses...kicked nuts and poked eyes are not fight enders...specially if both or one of the combatants is drunk...adrenaline is something else. People who are drunk and high don't usually realize they are hurt till after the fight.
    FUNNY YOU MENTION THAT.

Yeah, when I was first starting out in kungfu, I got into it with a guy in a bar and did a fast finger jab to the eye that stopped this drunk dude in his tracks (thank goodness, because he was about a foot taller and 40 pounds heavier). I had enough time to actually catch a cab and get home safe while he clutched his face. That was the last time I've ever used kungfu in the streetz.

Fast forward a couple of years--I was "touching hands" with my sifu and that same move came out. I hit him directly in the eye and he laughed at me and punched me in the face. I was glad that I got a wake-up call sooner rather than later. He told me that I should've learned that every move should just lead to the next as none of them are guaranteed to end the fight. I learned. lol.

All it takes is some actual "real contact" continuous sparring (Not always FULL contact, but hard contact) every now and then and these flights of fancy that people have about how things work goes out the fuckin' window.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 5:30pm

Style: Kyokushin, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All it takes is some actual "real contact" continuous sparring (Not always FULL contact, but hard contact) every now and then and these flights of fancy that people have about how things work goes out the fuckin' window.
    Tell that to the op he might come up with a slightly more believable story next time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 5:31pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by excludedmiddle View Post
    Really? It dropped you? The only time in my life I was kicked in the nuts (outside of sparring), I felt it, but only slightly due to the adrenaline from being in the middle of a real fight. It didn't phase me one bit. I was actually a little shocked that I actually got hit that hard in the nuts, but the pain didn't actually start setting in until the fight had ended. Watching the destruction of Joe Son's balls by Keith Hackney (to no avail) at UFC 3 made me think that maybe I wasn't alone.
    Oh, it dropped me and I cried like a little girl. WHY? well, for one, I wasn't even in a fight... was hanging out with a bunch of friends and some guy just walked up that knew one of my other friends and tapped me on the shoulder... I turned around and he went for the goal between my legs. I cried and laid there for a good ten minutes as he laughed.

Oddly enough, I never remember getting revenge for that. I just remember that moment.

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 6:46pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nut shot protection (EDIT: soccer kick): really baggy jeans.

Seriously.
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast