Sponsored Links Spacer Image

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 1:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm sure that the OP is going to show up to the next nyc throwdown and show us his amazing skills in person.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 1:09pm

Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i'm sure that the OP is going to show up to the next nyc throwdown and show us his amazing skills in person.
    If I can spare the time, that'd be sweet. Are throw downs full contact, grappling only or both?

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 1:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard619 View Post
    If I can spare the time, that'd be sweet. Are throw downs full contact, grappling only or both?
    How about they just hold the next TD during opening weekend of Twilight and they just all cut in front of you. That way you can determine the level of contact.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 1:29pm

Style: Kyokushin, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJayBoogie View Post
    I'm not calling bullshit.
    Well now, I kinda am.

I have had 3 bar fights and 2 club fights in my life. I have won 4 of them and have at no point in any of the five been allowed to continue on with my evening
    Now you sir, I believe.

My point is that kicking someone's ass in public usually gets you placed in custody and usually arrested.
    So, so true.

Last streetfight I was in was against two guys. After much drama it was broken up by a couple of doormen from a nearby nightclub. I moved off and went to the nearest cop station to report the crime. Meanwhile they had arrived at the scene and witnessed the puddle I'd left of one of the guys (the other fled before they arrived limping from couple of low kick aparrantly I don't really remember most of the actual fight.) And promptly took the guy to hospital. Adding one and one and getting the square root of five thousand, they held me for FIVE HOURS trying to get me to admit that I'd jumped the guy with the bouncers assisting me. It was only after getting the footage from their own cameras did they grudgingly admit that there was two of them and released me to go to hospital, where I discovered that I had mild concussion, five bites on my chest, and a broken finger.

My girlfriend broke up with me, appalled by my injuries and the damage I did to the other guy.

I my experience NOBODY 'wins' a streetfight.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 1:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard619 View Post
    if you can spare the time to go see the karate kid remake, you can spare the time for a throwdown.

the participants decide the intensity level and ranges during sparring at throwdowns. do you even know what "full contact" is? i don't think you do.

how old are you? you need to be able to sign a waiver.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 1:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    This is the second or third fight story this Alucard kid has told. They all involved him defeating multiple opponents.

I believe he is a high school student.

I don't believe his stories.
    I remember that other thread, the only question in my mind is whether he is trolling or blatantly lying.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 3:27pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP is still an

No homo.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 4:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's detailed...too detailed.

I've got a bad case of Batman/Lone Ranger/Knight in shining armor syndrome so I sometimes get into scraps.

I can remember every technique I used in the last four scraps since it were a total 5 techniques over 4 scraps.
    - knee to the plexus, elbow just beneath the eye
    - haymaker on the chin
    - cross deathcenter on the nose
    - left bodyshot to the liver

Never had to really fight on the 'str33tz' :icon_blac . In competitions I remember only the two livershots that stopped me, but not really one technique I used...and competition isn't 'r34l' (or so it's proclaimed by the RBSD nuthuggers).

This makes me quiet skeptical of people that remember in a fight every technique that they used, that their opponent used, what they were wearing, what their opponent was wearing and the blond chick in the back who was having an instant orgasm of seeing the pure manly display of alpha male monkey business (without flinging poo) :laughing7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 4:36pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The real shame is that he spent good money to see this POS movie. My nieces wanted to see it so I took them. Mistake. Every crappy bullshido Kung Fu cliche added to poor acting and poor writing. It's worse than the original in every way.

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 5:01pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The original had Bananarama, how do you top that?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast