Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 1:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "What is Alucard619? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... have at you!"

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 1:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm surprised that someone who flipped out TKD style retained a picture-perfect memory of the affair. Some people are like that but I know whenever I'm stressed I have a hard time remembering what actually happened afterward.

If that indeed did happen I'd say you're toeing the line between defender and aggressor. That matters in America and societies like it where people have sued for less. You also don't know a lot about those people; you risk a lot more harming them than otherwise.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 1:29am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Miracleman View Post
    This. The last story of Alucard's that I read seemed even more fantastical, which involved him fighting multiple opponents in a mall parking lot. I was all "Not sure if serious?", but everyone else was practically beating their meat over the purported awesomeness of his story.

It just seems too good to be true.
    Well we all know how TKD has a history of producing bad ass fighters. Why would you be surprised at him taking down multiple opponents with ease.

Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 1:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dargentus View Post
    Great.
    GETTING INTO A DUMBASS REMAKE OF A PISSPOOR MOVIE
    Screw this thread, how can you think that? The new Karate kid is freaking AMAZING!!!. only competetion the original Karate Kid had was Mr. Miyagi and "sweep the leg johnny" :) lol

its a AWSOME MOVIE!!!!

Achievements:

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 1:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DARPAChief View Post
    I'm surprised that someone who flipped out TKD style retained a picture-perfect memory of the affair. Some people are like that but I know whenever I'm stressed I have a hard time remembering what actually happened afterward.

If that indeed did happen I'd say you're toeing the line between defender and aggressor. That matters in America and societies like it where people have sued for less. You also don't know a lot about those people; you risk a lot more harming them than otherwise.
    Same here, usually when I'm in a adrenalinized fight or flight situation I kinda forget some of the details :)

Light Heavyweight

Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 1:56am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JBliss View Post
    Troll job

Movie review plz
    Saw it last night with my wife - we're both fans of the original and were skeptical going in. It was a pretty full house.

It's a very solid, entertaining family movie with a message about friendship across cultures. Good fight choreography and both Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith are fine in their roles. When I saw the Karate Kid in 1984 the audience was way into the story, clapping and cheering, and the exact same thing happened last night - I'd recommend it.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 2:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    Saw it last night with my wife - we're both fans of the original and were skeptical going in. It was a pretty full house.

It's a very solid, entertaining family movie with a message about friendship across cultures. Good fight choreography and both Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith are fine in their roles. When I saw the Karate Kid in 1984 the audience was way into the story, clapping and cheering, and the exact same thing happened last night - I'd recommend it.

Dont wanna spoil it for the others but you will see Ground and pound, and the crowd cheered about it :)

also, they should make another one !

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 3:51am

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukyomi View Post
    Same here, usually when I'm in a adrenalinized fight or flight situation I kinda forget some of the details :)

Yeah well that's because it's a normal reaction for people from adrenal dump, unless of course you are a cool hardened fighter of the mean streets who casually punches aggressors in the throat before finishing them off with a quick sidekick.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 3:55am

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, I'm not sure about sidekicking guys in the nuts when the front kick seems to do a wonderful job, but I'll give it a try now, thanks to this story.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 5:12am

Style: BJJ (blue), Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomamao View Post
    Dude, I'm not sure about sidekicking guys in the nuts when the front kick seems to do a wonderful job, but I'll give it a try now, thanks to this story.

Who knew a front snap kick TO THE CHEST would be such a solid fight ender. Also, I've been soccer kicked in the balls in a real fight before, and for years I've been wondering what makes me so different that I didn't just instantly roll over and die like everyone else.

I also imagine if I were in this situation, I'd be kicked out along with the attacker instead of receiving an apology, and it would probably be a much bigger deal to me that I'm seemingly the only guy in the world capable of pulling off Steven Seagal type fight sequences in real life. But that's just me.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast