Thread: How's it goin?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How's it goin?

Sup folks, been hankering to get back into martial arts for a little while now, and this morning I finally decided I was gonna do it. I'm located in the north NJ area, saw some good reviews for a bjj gym here run by a guy named Carvalho, and I'm gonna give him a call tomorrow and see if I can stop by. Gonna be interesting to see what kind of shape I'm in.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good to hear.

Have you trained MA before? If so which ones and how long?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Loosely. I wrestled for 4 years when I was in high school, and when I was a junior in college I transitioned to bjj and wrestled on and off throughout the year. That was a few years ago, so I'm a little bit rusty. Oh yeah, I also did tae kwon do as a kid and got some scary colored belt, but I don't suppose that matters a lot here.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ja hwo View Post
    Oh yeah, I also did tae kwon do as a kid and got some scary colored belt, but I don't suppose that matters a lot here.

Not that it doesnt matter, its more the fact that some practitioners of arts such as Tae Kwon Do who come onto this site blatanly refuse to accept any critiscm or acknowledge any faults in their particular art.

These are the members who choose to flood the forums with irrelavant threads and meaningless rambles as to why the art is the real d34dly.

Bullshido is great for calling out frauds and investigating people who take advantage of others naivety.

It can be harsh at times, but as long as you lurk, read stickies and refrain from starting pointless arguements with established members, you will be fine.

Enjoy.