Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2010 12:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Donnie Yen's new "wa taa!" movies.

As some may know, Ip Man 2 just came out recently. I've always been a DY fan, so I could not resist... tho... If you must, watch it as tho you once watched heroes' films like Wong Fei Hung and everything will be okay.
    Don't watch it for a verification of; How To Against The Hook. If you want that, just go watch my videos instead.

So here is the movie Ip Man 2 for free:
    http://www.dramacrazy.net/chinese-mo...andarin-watch/

But wait a minute now, why did I mention "Wa taa!" ? I mean, the old man never screamed that way, I'm sure. I think...
    Well because Donnie Yen is going to be Chen Zhen once again, and is back in black.... with a mask. Wa Taa!

YouTube- 精武風雲-陳真 預告 Legend of the Fist the Return of Chen Zhen Teaser

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/12/2010 1:25am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just watched IP Man 2 as well. I always love Donnie Yen movies been a fan of his since '93 after seeing Iron Monkey and went back to watch is older movies. For some reason the Afghans have had a lot of his movies for sale lately. I picked up 14 Blades, Bodyguard & Assasins, Painted Skin, and Ip Man 2 for $6.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    5/12/2010 2:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Forgot to add

BOXING > _ing __un
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/12/2010 2:31am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know why Donnie yen didn't become popular over Jet Li and the others. Yen speaks better english and is a better actor/athlete than them. :(

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2010 2:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My cousin went to China and bought A LOT of dvds for roughly 10 bucks. He loved it, his vacation.

I've always enjoyed & followed Donnie's films also, from Drunken TaiChi, Tiger Cage II, Line of Duty, to Flashpoint, to the newer ones, etc etc etc. IMO, as a martial art actor, he's unfortunately under rated in Hollywood. Really wish his talent would get more recognition there, but perhaps there's Film Actors/producers Guild politics I won't understand.

Ever since Ip Man came out, my little cousins have been asking me to direct them to an awesome wc school, and I have been telling them to just take boxing or muay thai. Now that Ip Man 2 is here... well, you get the idea.

Posted On:
    5/12/2010 3:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    I don't know why Donnie yen didn't become popular over Jet Li and the others. Yen speaks better english and is a better actor/athlete than them. :(
    I think the problem is Yen usually wasn't the main leading man in the big movies until recently. Which is a shame because he is so good. US wise he was greatly underused in both Highlander, Blade and even Shanghai Knights. A lot of his HK movie didn't appeal to the general American audience as much as Li's did for some reason. I liked movies like Legend of the Wolf, Tiger Cage, and New Drgaon Gate Inn (with BRIGETTE LIN EVEN!!! I LOVE BRIGETTE LIN!) but most my friends, even the MArtist, didn't like it or got into the Fist of Fury and Kung Fu Master TV series like I did.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    5/12/2010 4:12am

Style: Koryu Budo, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube- 葉問2 Ip Man 2 Trailer

Holy crap! Yen AND Sammo Hung in the same movie!? I didn't catch Yip Man 1 but damn I'm interested now. I wonder if it can top Prodigal Son....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2010 1:02pm

Style: Judo, MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    werent donnie yen and sammo hung in SPK together? if you havent seen that one yet... watch it. also FlashPoint.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    5/12/2010 1:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wizwar31 View Post
    werent donnie yen and sammo hung in SPK together? if you havent seen that one yet... watch it. also FlashPoint.
    Yeah, they were in Sha Po Lang/SPL/Kill Zone along with the awesome Jacky Wu Jing/Wu Jing Jason, that dude is just flat-out fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    The knock on Yen was always that he was kind of a jerk, I recall reading one review that began "Boston Born Brat Yen", which shouldn't have hurt him, but it did.

Jacky Chan is just too damned spastic, Jet Li has no real on-screen personality. I would much rather watch Jacky Wu Jing or Donnie Yen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2010 2:37pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandrun View Post
    As some may know, Ip Man 2 just came out recently. I've always been a DY fan, so I could not resist... tho... If you must, watch it as tho you once watched heroes' films like Wong Fei Hung and everything will be okay.
    Don't watch it for a verification of; How To Against The Hook. If you want that, just go watch my videos instead.

So here is the movie Ip Man 2 for free:
    http://www.dramacrazy.net/chinese-mo...andarin-watch/

But wait a minute now, why did I mention "Wa taa!" ? I mean, the old man never screamed that way, I'm sure. I think...
    Well because Donnie Yen is going to be Chen Zhen once again, and is back in black.... with a mask. Wa Taa!

YouTube- 精MonkeyScrotumCleaning.tv風›-™œŸ MonkeyScrotumCleaning.tv‘Š Legend of the Fist the Return of Chen Zhen Teaser

Well, Donnie Yen is something of Bruce Lee fanboy, in fact when TV studios were trying to sign him, one of his conditions was to make a TV version of a Bruce Lee movie, which eventually was Fist Of Fury.

I guess that means Bruce Lee haters think he sucks for being a BL fan (which is not true since Yen rocks)

He also seems to be superhero fanboy, because he was hesitant of the Return of Chen Zhen until he was told it was also a superhero movie.
    Last edited by Elemental Fist; 5/12/2010 2:53pm at .
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast