Our Sponsors:

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/13/2010 10:08pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Emevas: just on your first point there, just because there are legal / dangerous drugs out there, doesn't mean that we should bring more in, it's a fairly flawed argument. What you're saying is true however, Alcohol and Tabacco are readily available to everyone and are completely legal. Why? Probably because people abuse them so much due to this fact.

Why would you shove more bad things into that mix?

Posted On:
    6/13/2010 10:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Here, explain to me exactly why you think steroids should be illegal. Here is my current counter-argument to most claims.
    They are illegal.
    I don't care why at this point and i never said should or should not.

I am saying some of the things you are implying don't add up.
    You are implying a level of safety for a group of pharmaceuticals being used outside of their studied and intended parameters.
    Correct?

You have not presented any evidence that this is sound reasoning imo.

Do you argue that these substances were designed for "personal use?"

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/13/2010 11:54pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ChengPengFi do you know that you can be legally prescribed steroids when you are getting older and showing lowered Testosterone levels? Yet competing in certain event with that prescription would be illegal. (to be clear I mean illegal for the sport organization not the law)
    Last edited by WhiteShark; 6/13/2010 11:57pm at .

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 12:20am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post

Why would you shove more bad things into that mix?
    I fucking hate this argument.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 1:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well for one if every drug was legal then it would be cheaper and a higher quality, so junkies wouldnt have to steal **** to get their fix and there would be less ill-effects from the pure substance.

Plus the government would be able to make all that extra cash that the drug runners make in taxes instead, and actually put the drug dealer out of buisness (being unable to compete with price or quality).

Obivoulsy you would still have controls on it just like smoking and drinking, nothing before age 18 or whatever and to where you can buy it from/ grow it yourself etc. etc. Plus imagine all the extra money saved from having a "war against drugs" billions i guess.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 3:35am

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel like we're getting away from the original intent of this issue, which is whether steroids (and PEDs? Why are we making a distinction?) should be allowed in professional sporting contests.

As it's been said before, legalizing steroids would HEAVILY lean the field towards its use. I believe chemical assistance is substantially different from other measures taken in training, since most training is far more qualitative about results (being people focused as opposed to chemical focused).

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 3:56am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I fucking hate this argument.
    That's nice, do you have any backing as to why you hate it?

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 5:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Liver damage only results for using an oral, which tends to be a dumb move. Most folks use injectables.

The study you linked is laughable. Wow, a guy who doesn't go off a cycle for NINE YEARS may be at an increased risk? No ****, no one is making the argument that stupidly using medicine is a good thing to do. My point is that one needs to safely and correctly utilize the stuff, to include proper dosage protocol and PCT.

It's also funny how it's "675 miligrams of steroids". Not dianabol, not clenbuterol, not equipoise, just "steroids"
    I already said that overdosing on steroids would be fairly difficult to do unless you were an idiot. The world has no short supply of idiots, however, and legalising steroids would cause more people to show up with lasting damage done to their system from steroid abuse.

This isn't likely to be a major problem surrounding legalisation, in my opinion, but it is an issue. As you say, steroids ARE medication, seen by many as being a magic-bullet to becoming huge, and medication's not something you mess around with when it isn't needed. The main issue for me would be the proliferation of steroids to the point where, as I suggested, you'd pretty much need to juice in order to be competitive at even amateur level.

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 6:26am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have several reasons, ADM, some have already been brushed on above in the form of the taxation windfall and benefits to law and order. But mostly because that is one of the laziest arguments against the legalization and regulation of weed, you can't argue as to it's harmfulness, so you appeal to the misconceptions and myths in order to get a emotional response from the uneducated. It is lazy.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 7:00am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The weird thing to me is half of the people in this thread don't seem to understand that Steroids are already legal. Where do you think they come from? No one is mixing this **** up in their bathtub. The issue is whether or not sporting organizations test for them. Any other change in their use would have to be based on changes in the way the AMA approaches them. Of course that would mean modern medical care would have to start trying to optimize humans instead of just keeping them alive.
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast