222497 Bullies, 3995 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 181
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    6/13/2010 12:04am

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    I don't know, why do you think they should be legalized?
    I more don't see why they should be illegal. They're a medicine, which, if used properly, can help promote improved health and athletic performance. It's been demonized by the media and has a million attributed side effects, few of which have been proven by any legitimate study that annotates both dosage protocol and usage of PCT.

    We legally sell recreational drugs that have minimal postive effects, millions of proven negative effects, and are responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths every year. As it stands, I don't know of any death that has been attributed to steroid use, and in terms of people being admitted into hospitals for steroid related issues, it presently ranks lower than vitamen C overdoses.

    Burying our head in the sand and saying "bad bad steroids" isn't furthering us as a society.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  2. Iainkelt is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    S. St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    539

    Posted On:
    6/13/2010 1:22am


     Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I more don't see why they should be illegal. They're a medicine, which, if used properly, can help promote improved health and athletic performance. It's been demonized by the media and has a million attributed side effects, few of which have been proven by any legitimate study that annotates both dosage protocol and usage of PCT.

    We legally sell recreational drugs that have minimal postive effects, millions of proven negative effects, and are responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths every year. As it stands, I don't know of any death that has been attributed to steroid use, and in terms of people being admitted into hospitals for steroid related issues, it presently ranks lower than vitamen C overdoses.

    Burying our head in the sand and saying "bad bad steroids" isn't furthering us as a society.
    See I can respect that argument even though, to be honest, I don't know enough about the medical part of it to have a strong opinion. I just would like people to be honest about it (I know, it'll never happen but I can dream). Personally I wouldn't touch the stuff but that comes from my own personal beliefs and doesn't mean that I'm educated enough to say if they should be banned entirely. If it were open season at least you know what you're caing and can make your own decision about training accordingly.

    In a way I really appreciated Bronson Arroyo's statement about PEDs when he basically said he took almost anything imaginable that was just barely on this side of legal, in order to give himself an edge. Basically, if I remember right, he argued that it was his body, he is an adult, and he accepted the possible risks in order to be a major league ball player. I also remember Bode Miller talking about PEDs and how there was often so little difference between what was legal, what wasn't, and how there was virtually no rationale behind it.
  3. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    6/13/2010 1:35am

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I imagine people would be more open about it as long as it was legal. The illegality of it causes people to hide it, which in turn gives people unrealistic expectations of what is possible without chemical assistance.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  4. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    6/13/2010 2:40am

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kenny on 'roids!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!! I would have never have guessed. I mean I should have listened to the guy in Cali who told me he was on his list of suppliers but that was just crazy talk.

    Seriously I still don't see how pple still think steriods and other PEDs magically give you something you don't have to work for. I love when pple say, "I took X and it didn't work." They don't seem to think that X is there to help you and not do it for you it. You can put all the **** you want in your body but if you don't get up and train its not going to transform you into Capt America.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  5. alex is offline
    alex's Avatar

    STOP POSTING!

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,185

    Posted On:
    6/13/2010 4:19am

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iainkelt View Post
    I don't know enough about the medical part of it to have a strong opinion.... Personally I wouldn't touch the stuff but that comes from my own personal beliefs and doesn't mean that I'm educated enough to say if they should be banned entirely.
    so by your own admission you dont know what the **** you are talking about, but don't think it should be legal cos, you know, its bad. why dont you try doing a bit of research on the subject before commentating? you are EXACTLY the kind of person that fucks me off with these kind of arguements because if this was ANYTHING else but the topic of roids this discussion wouldnt be happening. its one of those things that turns people into armchair experts.
  6. MMAMickey is offline
    MMAMickey's Avatar

    POWERRR!

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,743

    Posted On:
    6/13/2010 5:57am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iainkelt View Post
    Personally I wouldn't touch the stuff but that comes from my own personal beliefs and doesn't mean that I'm educated enough to say if they should be banned entirely.
    personally I wouldn't touch the stuff but that comes from my own lack of adequate funds and the fact that as an amatuer the financial cost outweighs the benefits
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

  7. Shawarma is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,456

    Posted On:
    6/13/2010 7:07am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Legalising steroids is, in my humble opinion, a very poorly thought through idea. What you would get immediately would be a very steep increase in amateur competitors in all physically demanding sports starting juicing, naturally taking any advantage they can get in order to win in competitions. While juicing is not a magic bullet that suddenly makes you invincible, you simply cannot deny that it allows you to train harder and more frequently as well as have better muscle gains and that it DOES grant you a destinct advantage over non-juicers.

    Now, as an amateur sportsman, I personally find the idea of taking steroids messing with your internal bodily chemistry unappealing. However, if steroids were legalised, I WOULD HAVE TO TAKE STEROIDS IN ORDER TO BE COMPETITIVE! That's what your suggestion amounts to. Want to win as an amateur? Juice. All the other guys are doing it, you wanna pass up a free and legal booster?

    Furthermore, underage juicing would explode as access to steroids would become easier and more socially accepted. Pumping kids full of hormones before they are fully grown is NOT a good idea.

    And no, supplements and proper diet are NOT the same kind of "cheating" as roids are. This is not even an argument.
  8. 7thSamurai is offline
    7thSamurai's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    730

    Posted On:
    6/13/2010 7:24am


     Style: BJJ, Striking, TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am I understanding correctly that the argument for PEDs like steroids is that they provide that game winning edge over an opponent with a similiar skillset? Seems like that cuts out any degree of gamesmanship.

    I think that if you want to do that type of thing, then more power to you. It's your body and if you're interested in using for whatever person reasons or goals that you may have, then you should be able to do so. That said, I don't think you should be involved in professional sports where all athletes aren't engaged in the same activity.
  9. ADM is offline
    ADM's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,729

    Posted On:
    6/13/2010 7:51am


     Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Legalising steroids is, in my humble opinion, a very poorly thought through idea. What you would get immediately would be a very steep increase in amateur competitors in all physically demanding sports starting juicing, naturally taking any advantage they can get in order to win in competitions. While juicing is not a magic bullet that suddenly makes you invincible, you simply cannot deny that it allows you to train harder and more frequently as well as have better muscle gains and that it DOES grant you a destinct advantage over non-juicers.

    Now, as an amateur sportsman, I personally find the idea of taking steroids messing with your internal bodily chemistry unappealing. However, if steroids were legalised, I WOULD HAVE TO TAKE STEROIDS IN ORDER TO BE COMPETITIVE! That's what your suggestion amounts to. Want to win as an amateur? Juice. All the other guys are doing it, you wanna pass up a free and legal booster?

    Furthermore, underage juicing would explode as access to steroids would become easier and more socially accepted. Pumping kids full of hormones before they are fully grown is NOT a good idea.

    And no, supplements and proper diet are NOT the same kind of "cheating" as roids are. This is not even an argument.
    I'm going to weigh in with a +1 here. Nicely said man.
  10. MMAMickey is offline
    MMAMickey's Avatar

    POWERRR!

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,743

    Posted On:
    6/13/2010 8:10am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Legalising steroids is, in my humble opinion, a very poorly thought through idea. What you would get immediately would be a very steep increase in amateur competitors in all physically demanding sports starting juicing, naturally taking any advantage they can get in order to win in competitions.
    steroids are not illegal in the UK and yet funnily enough the amatuer competitions aren't [visibly] stacked high with roiders. The same guys who were using them before would use them if they werre made legal. Yes, there would probably be a slight increase but nothing worth whinging about.

    While juicing is not a magic bullet that suddenly makes you invincible, you simply cannot deny that it allows you to train harder and more frequently as well as have better muscle gains and that it DOES grant you a destinct advantage over non-juicers.
    They also cost alot of money for a course. Amatuers have to work for a living. The extra training time they would gain would be minimal in comparison to the pros

    Now, as an amateur sportsman, I personally find the idea of taking steroids messing with your internal bodily chemistry unappealing. However, if steroids were legalised, I WOULD HAVE TO TAKE STEROIDS IN ORDER TO BE COMPETITIVE! That's what your suggestion amounts to. Want to win as an amateur? Juice. All the other guys are doing it, you wanna pass up a free and legal booster?
    free? No.

    Furthermore, underage juicing would explode as access to steroids would become easier and more socially accepted. Pumping kids full of hormones before they are fully grown is NOT a good idea.
    With legalisation would come rules governing the sale and use, as with all other drugs. Also, it would mean doctors would end up actually being equipped to help the guys using them not to **** themselves up

    And no, supplements and proper diet are NOT the same kind of "cheating" as roids are. This is not even an argument.
    Not the same kind because they are legal?

    Nutritionists and supplements are also not available to all amatuers due to their cost. In my book the only difference is some prudent idea of 'fair play' that is clearly prevalent in many guys here.

    anyone who attributes 'fair' to fighting has alot to learn. If someone comes in with a knee support you kick the **** out of that knee, if they get cut in training, you pound that cut in the fight. Why is it that these practices which are not 'fair' by most standards are deemed acceptable and steroids are not?
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.