Posted On:
    6/12/2010 5:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    is this news to anyone?

If so why? I got news for you people - when you're playing a sport for large sums of money you're going to take drugs that make you better at it. The only difference between atheletes is some of them game the system and some of them sneak around it. And I guess some of them are Roy Nelson.
    I don't think this is surprising to anyone, but that doesn't mean we should be lenient or have a compliant attitude.

Crack down on the juicers and crack down hard; it'll be rough for a bit as people adjust, but the sport will be better for it. This sort of thing needs to stop.

Posted On:
    6/12/2010 6:09pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that the fact that its Ken Shamrock makes people care less...what if it was Randy Couture? I know I'd be a lot more affected

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/12/2010 6:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    the sport will be better for it
    you're wrong, you know. it'll be worse because the fighters won't be as good. thats the whole point of juicing. then the general public cries about the skill level going down, blah blah blah... its like with the olympics and record breaking. if athletes don't break records its bad for business, people dont watch as much etc. so athletes juice to stay competitive not only against each other but for the almighty sponsor dollar.

the whole thing is laughable. at a certain level, the money involved is too great to risk NOT taking drugs. and the general populace are the ones who make it that way. like that random guy in bigger faster stronger said, you vote with your dollar. people sit around whining about juicing, then go and buy up the merchandise that these athletes sell. wanna get rid of the juicing? ok, lets send all sports back to the amateur level where there is no money anyway. lot less juicing going on there, risk doesnt outweigh the benefit.

people need to pull their heads out of their collective asses when it comes to this kind of stuff.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/12/2010 6:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soldiermedic25 View Post
    I think that the fact that its Ken Shamrock makes people care less...what if it was Randy Couture? I know I'd be a lot more affected
    you would actually be surprised if couture was juicing? really?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2010 6:31pm

Style: Street Focus Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My hope is Sakuraba is clean. I think he is! Any Japanese Catch guys on roids? If not, this could be why they don't really make good transitions into UFC or stand-out too much.

Posted On:
    6/12/2010 6:32pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    you would actually be surprised if couture was juicing? really?

Logically...no. The shape that he is in and what he does makes him pretty suspect, although I do think that his last couple of fights have show a decrease in his physical skills. But I mean, Ken Shamrock always came across as kind of a douche, and Randy just seems like a better person. I mean, maybe thats more of a study on people skills but I know I'd be pretty disappointed

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/12/2010 6:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shotfghter View Post
    My hope is Sakuraba is clean. I think he is! Any Japanese Catch guys on roids? If not, this could be why they don't really make good transitions into UFC or stand-out too much.
    i could be wrong but i think in japanese orgs they plain dont test. and i think this did have an effect on the pride fighters coming over to the UFC who couldnt use as freely as before.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    6/12/2010 6:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know about other people, but I don't watch fights for people to break records. I don't care about anything but watching people fight and fight fair. Going back to amateur level sounds fine to me, if it means a cleaner sport. If all we care about is money, then why not fix fights? Why not just go straight to pro-wrestling or whatever?

Because we want this to be an honest competition. This sort of thing should go without saying.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/12/2010 7:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    unfortunately, youre a minority. most people want to watch the best. i do too- i dont have the problem with roids that others seem to though, i can accept them as another facet of the sport. its the only option really.i couldnt care less if someone got busted for roids, he was just unlucky enough to get caught. doesnt mean hes the only one whos guilty of it.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    6/12/2010 7:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it's disallowed, it's not really supposed to be part of the sport, now is it? Saying that it's just another facet is the kind of complacency that keeps it going.

I'm not saying that Ken or anyone else is the only one who's guilty of juicing, I think we can all see that this sort of thing is prevalent. My argument is that it SHOULDN'T be, and that we should be actively trying to discourage this sort of behavior.

Since you don't have a problem with it, do you believe that we should lift the ban on PEDs and such? Remove the testing procedures in place? This is an honest question.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast