221303 Bullies, 3940 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 161 to 170 of 181
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 1819 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,791

    Posted On:
    6/23/2010 12:50pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Stop with the red herring..

    No your claim is the status quo should be changed, prove it.
    1: Stop demanding things.
    2: The statous quo should be changed because it's presently hypocritical. We allow dangerous, highly abused drugs to be sold to people simply for living to the age of 21, but other drugs with less demonstratable risks and a lower death count are not allowed to ANYONE.


    You're a fan of asking me things totally unrelated to my point, so now I'm going to ask you something totally unrelated to your point. Do you belive alcohol should be legal?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  2. ChenPengFi is offline
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,257

    Posted On:
    6/23/2010 1:01pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The statous quo should be changed because it's presently hypocritical. We allow dangerous, highly abused drugs to be sold to people simply for living to the age of 21, but other drugs with less demonstratable risks and a lower death count are not allowed to ANYONE.
    Bullshit, get a script for a legit condition and they are yours.
  3. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,791

    Posted On:
    6/23/2010 1:04pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, apparently that post was lost on you.

    Alcohol requires no prescription. It is not regulated. You need no justification to purchase it aside from "wanting it". It is also heavily abused, results in death and a multitude of other diseases.

    Why are steroids different?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  4. ChenPengFi is offline
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,257

    Posted On:
    6/23/2010 6:47pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lost on me? Hardly.
    Ignoring the lies, (alcohol not regulated etc. lmao, ever hear about the ATF?) why should i respond to your diversion when you have not answered the direct and relevant questions?

    My opinions about alcohol are irrelevant, yet i can reasonably ask you if you think all illicit drugs should be legalized, as that is the argument you seem to be making by bringing up legal hypocrisy, while obviously a fallacy anyhow.
    Perhaps you should campaign for the banning of alcohol and tobacco instead?
    If you seriously think alcohol is even remotely on point, i concede that i misjudged your intellect by a wide margin.

    Really though, i cannot believe you are seriously trying to go that route.
    Why not address the issue and stop with the diversions.
    You think the law should be changed, support your claims.
    The Dept of Justice and the IOC (to name just two) disagree with you, sorry.



    1: Stop demanding things.
    Lol, pot>kettle?
  5. Res Judicata is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,642

    Posted On:
    6/23/2010 7:43pm


     Style: Judo & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
  6. TheRuss is offline
    TheRuss's Avatar

    is badder than you

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not Canada
    Posts
    4,335

    Posted On:
    6/23/2010 9:39pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Bullshit.
    Boy, you sure know how to make a girl feel special.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    You must first prove their safety
    Normal adult males have serum concentrations of testosterone between 300 and 1000ng/dL. If anabolic steroids weren't "safe", your body wouldn't produce them.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Are you against protective gear?
    Uh, what?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Deep bullshit.
    You use an "argument from ignorance" to introduce a red herring,
    then expect me to indulge your diversion while accusing me of a strawman, effectively making one yourself?
    You really need to trade in your PDR for a copy of Strunk and White JR. and brush up on those Bullshidoka arguments there Russ.

    I'll give you a couple hints though, just because i like your PT thread.
    1. A team time trial needs everyone to finish, otherwise they all get DNFs.
    2. He was already dead, medical attention would not have helped
    3. (Speculation) Knowing how the cycling community behaves, they would likely have wanted him to have a finishing time for his final ride.
    4. The drug in question was not the point, go back and read my posts again if that is not clear. Ftr i stand corrected it was not strychnine.
    Still waiting on your citation.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I find many of the rest of your responses here tedious at best...
    Of course you do, because you don't agree with them and don't like admitting you're wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I ask again:

    Does the entertainment value of a sport supersede the the other core values about why we train and compete?
    Again: uh, what?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Finally, Russ, a poster i highly respect for his knowledge and writing, chose to only try to nit pick little pieces (fallaciously i might add) of my argument while still ignoring the status quo and burden of proof required by such.
    (I still await his response)
    Horseshit. If you had any respect for me, you'd pay attention to what I said instead of pooh-poohing stuff you haven't taken the time to understand.

    Edit: Oh, and for the bonus square in bullshit bingo:

    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    The status quo is a reality; acceptable, logical or not.
    Appeal to tradition is not acceptable. **** off.

    Edit #2: Double bullshit bingo bonus:

    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    The drug in question was not the point
    The drug in question is central to the issue. Each substance/method under evaluation must be evaluated on its own merits and risks. Nobody here has argued that the ban on alcohol in collegiate wrestling be lifted, because not only does alcohol have established health risks on its own (neuron death and liver cirrhosis, among others), but the mechanism of harm when used as a diuretic is well-established.
    Last edited by TheRuss; 6/23/2010 9:48pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.
  7. crappler is offline
    crappler's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,748

    Posted On:
    6/24/2010 12:21am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainthamish View Post
    UFC Hall of Famer and MMA trailblazer Ken Shamrock admits he used steroids during his career.









    Its wouldnt be a hard assumption to make that people have wondered about Kens physique for quite some years.

    Your not alone Kenny boy.

    Josh Barnett: 2002 (UFC 36)
    Tim Sylvia: 2003 (UFC 44)
    Kimo: 2004 (UFC 48)
    Nate Marquardt: 2005 (UFN 1)
    Vitor Belfort: 2006 (Pride 32)
    Pawel Nastula: 2006 (Pride 32)
    Stephan Bonnar: 2006 (UFC 62)
    Kimo: 2006 (WEC)
    Kit Cope: 2007 (WEC 25)
    Johnny Morton: 2007 (DYNAMITE)
    Royce Gracie: 2007 (DYNAMITE)
    Phil Baroni: 2007 (Strikeforce)
    Sean Sherk: 2007 (UFC 73)
    Hermes Franca: 2007 (UFC 73)
    Anthony Torres: 2007 (UFC 75)
    Bill Mahood: 2007 (Strikeforce)
    Adam Smith: 2007 (Strikeforce)
    Jason Winthers: 2007 (Rebel Fights)
    Rueben Villareal: 2007 (WCO)
    Dennis Hallman: 2007 (Strikeforce)
    Alexander Crispin: 2007 (Strikeforce)
    Alexandre Nogueira: 2008 (WEC 38)
    Antonio Silva: 2008 (EliteXC)
    Edwin Dewees: 2008 (Affliction)
    Chris Leben: 2008 (UFC 89)
    Kirill Sidelnikov: 2008 (Affliction)
    Ken Shamrock: 2009 (WarGods)
    Josh Barnett: 2009 (Affliction)
    Cole Provence: 2009 (WEC)

    http://www.cagepotato.com/mma-steroi...itive-timeline

    Topic seems rather relevant seeing that Kos is pointing the finger at GSP. Well, he has just "Heard stuff....".




    **edit** - Link to MMA steriod busts....
    Thanks for the news flash. Next up: Elton John as it turns out, was gay and Bill Clinton, as it turns out, got a blowjob in the Oval office.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung
  8. crappler is offline
    crappler's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,748

    Posted On:
    6/24/2010 12:29am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    When i directed questions toward Emevas he went vague on me and started on about "personal" non-medical uses and how although he clearly stated he supported steroid use in sports, he refused to address the issue in entirety.
    Lame again.


    I apologize that I have no desire to get into a subjective argument on politics, morals and values with you, but I honestly don't care other people think about steroid use in sports.

    I don't understand why you're so interested in my personal view on the matter. I think athletes should be allowed to use what they want in a sport. I also think athletes are overpaid, and shouldn't be role models for children. These are all just opinions, and having a debate on them is pointless.
    Actually I think I should MMA fighters should be able to replace their limbs with bionic parts. That would really define exactly what modern sports have become. The fans sit around thinking their is some kind of contest going on and the reality is some contrived bullshit. Everything is fake.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung
  9. SaintHamish is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,413

    Posted On:
    6/24/2010 12:55am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    Thanks for the news flash. Next up: Elton John as it turns out, was gay and Bill Clinton, as it turns out, got a blowjob in the Oval office.

    I do break the news.
  10. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,791

    Posted On:
    6/24/2010 9:57am

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Lost on me? Hardly.
    Ignoring the lies, (alcohol not regulated etc. lmao, ever hear about the ATF?) why should i respond to your diversion when you have not answered the direct and relevant questions?

    My opinions about alcohol are irrelevant, yet i can reasonably ask you if you think all illicit drugs should be legalized, as that is the argument you seem to be making by bringing up legal hypocrisy, while obviously a fallacy anyhow.
    Perhaps you should campaign for the banning of alcohol and tobacco instead?
    If you seriously think alcohol is even remotely on point, i concede that i misjudged your intellect by a wide margin.

    Really though, i cannot believe you are seriously trying to go that route.
    Why not address the issue and stop with the diversions.
    You think the law should be changed, support your claims.
    The Dept of Justice and the IOC (to name just two) disagree with you, sorry.





    Lol, pot>kettle?
    For pot and kettle, go through the thread. I stated my opinion, and you've demanded answers from me.

    I AM addressing your question, because I am addressing steroids from a public policy perspective. You refuse to answer my questions in regards to public policy, and still want me to answer your questions. I don't see how this is possible.

    My argument is not that all illict drugs should be legalized, it is that if a drug is less dangerous than a drug that is legal, why should it be illegal.

    You say I should campaign for the banning of alcohol, but I actually feel that it would be YOU who takes up this endeavor, as you feel that steroids should remain illegal because of it being dangerous. That would be my point entirely.

    You keep saying "support your claims". I HAVE FUCKING DONE SO.

    You keep saying "answer my direct question", yet you will not permit me the same grace. Why should alcohol remain legal?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.