Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16171819 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 12:55am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was under the impression you could purchase steriods online?

Or at least have them imported from certain seedy countries.....

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 12:58am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like I'm going to need to reconnect with certain undesirables. Good. I'm in need of some adventure.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 1:05am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainthamish View Post
    I was under the impression you could purchase steriods online?

Or at least have them imported from certain seedy countries.....
    That's a fucking problem, and it illustrates my argument for liberalization rather well. There's a lot of fraud, a lot of counterfeiting, a lot of mislabeling, and a lot of impurities when dealing with "overseas pharmacies" or "underground labs."

Not to mention the legal penalties, which can be fucking severe if you're using the US postal service.

Using steroids is a complicated matter, one which should be directed by a physician. It's not a DIY kind of project without a great deal of education on the matter. I don't recommend anyone use steroids illicitly. The dangers involved are not worth the usually disappointing rewards.

Honestly, the dangers of steroids are as inflated as their efficacy. They're just not that great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
    Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 1:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It does seem like majority of online avaliability for steriods is managed by US companies.

http://www.steroid.com/steroids.php

http://www.isteroids.com/steroids/Buy%20Steroids.html

http://www.domesticgear.com/

http://www.steroids-pharmacy.com/

http://www.buysteroids.com/

http://www.roid-shop.com/

http://www.ibuysteroids.com/

http://www.norxshop.com/

There are plenty more. What are the penalties for purchasing, or more importantly being caught purchasing these products?

Are they some sort of 'watered' down legal version of the real product?

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 1:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a VUCSA violation, that's an automatic felony. Possession of controlled substance with intent to distribute, that's a nasty felony.

Using the postal service, or having the overseas firm intentionally mislabel the package to get it through customs makes it a federal case. You do not want to **** with the feds - ever.

They're managed by US companies for sure, but the above issues mean that for right now, you're better off just going to the damn country for a training vacation.

A lot less dangerous, and less risk of an unlimited fine and ten years in the pokey.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 1:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Without meaning to sound like a naive 16 year old schoolgirl with pigtails and a short plaid skirt on, why are the penalties so harsh for posession?

Considering 'recreational' use clauses for Class A drugs. Are steriods Class A?

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 9:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainthamish View Post
    Without meaning to sound like a naive 16 year old schoolgirl with pigtails and a short plaid skirt on, why are the penalties so harsh for posession?

Considering 'recreational' use clauses for Class A drugs. Are steriods Class A?
    I don't know how the laws work at my mom's house, but in the US they're schedule III and therefore controlled.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 9:40am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would like to point out that two of the people not opposed to steroids (Russ and SFGoon) have the highest education in chemistry so far, and a majority of the people with fighter tags also spoke in favor of steroids.

Some good has come out of this thread.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 11:07am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON View Post
    I don't know how the laws work at my mom's house, but in the US they're schedule III and therefore controlled.
    I mentioned this before: following the Ben Johnson doping scandal at the Seoul Olympics in 1988, Congress passed a law making anabolics Schedule III. (Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 1990). In the 2000s, prohormones that converted into anabolics began to be banned as well. That's a long-running process and on-going process.

Here's the upshot: steroids are less dangerous than most people think. You're probably not going to die if you take them. But they're not perfectly safe drugs. They're very powerful drugs with the potential for very serious short and long term side effects. They should be taken only under a doctor's supervision. There are pretty complex feedback-inhibition mechanisms involved with all steroids, not just anabolics, that are pretty easy to screw up (it's why PCT is so important). There also are non-trivial hemological and cardiovascular risks which are probably dose-dependent. And the oral ones are hell on your liver. Has anyone mentioned the effect they have on blood lipid profiles?

On the other hand, relatively low dose anabolics used as HRT seems to have very good effects on older men, including on cardiovascular risk. IT seems to be from reducing metabolic syndrome. (I don't have the papers handy.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 12:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah - steroids will play hell with your blood lipid profiles. However, I wonder if it's because many of them don't interact with SHBG. If that were the case, the blood lipid profile would be skewed because the ratio of bound vs. free circulating steroids would be tipped in favor of free, subsequently raising LDL numbers.

You'd probably have to conduct a study on the triglycerides to see "t3h korrect" pattern.