Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 3:19am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some tips about striking:
    - Like everyone has said, hands up and chin down.
    - Work on proper breathing, or you'll gas out extremely quick.
    - When sparring at early levels, try your best to be controlled, but don't mistake that with tame and passive.
    - Throw combinations.
    - The only way to overcome fear of getting punched in the face is to get punched in the face... a lot.

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 11:26am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I came from TKD into MMA a common reflex I did was put my front leg up (like I was going to do a side kick) for some odd reason.

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 6:44pm

Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Update:

I will sign up and have my first official classes in bjj and boxing tomorrow. I will ask about the "Fight Fit Conditioning" classes to see whether they are for the school's top fighters, or if a total noob could take them as well. I will keep my hands up and chin down in the boxing class, will do my best to not take the bjj class as a judo class, and of course I will do my best to make a conscious effort to breathe.

Will let you know how the class goes the day after, as I have work that night.

Sincerely,

ZoA.
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

-Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
    Greek proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 2:59pm

Style: BJJ, TKD back in the day

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How did your class go? I train at the Fenton school. Guidry trains some tough guys.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 3:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To get your ass kicked.

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 5:13pm

Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jinro79 View Post
    How did your class go? I train at the Fenton school. Guidry trains some tough guys.
    The classes were great!

I asked about the conditioning classes when I got there, and he explained to me that they were for anybody, so I went ahead and signed up for that as well. I was a good hour worth of exercise and it really had me pushing myself. Afterward was jiu jitsu class. They divide their bjj classes by either a technique or a sparring class, so one day may only be repetitions, but others are entire days devoted to just rolling and using what you know.

Thankfully for me it was a technique class and we went over a choke, armbar, pass, and a sweep. I had a bunch of fun in that class and look forward to doing it even more.

Last was boxing class, and that day it turned out that they were focusing on conditioning more than technique. That meant throwing around the medicine ball back and forth, repetitions on the kick shield and a lot of stretching and cardio.

Like before when I took my free class a couple weeks ago, we also did a couple HKD wrist locks at the end of class, which served to be more of a cool down after boxing than an actual full hkd class.

Afterwards I was exhausted, and went home to sleep, then woke up right before midnight to leave for work. It was a fun day.

I had a blast training there and am definitely going back for more.

Sincerely,

ZoA.
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

-Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
    Greek proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 7:50pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    our little zenny is all grown up! :)
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 12:59pm

Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again, sounds like a really great school.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2010 4:49pm

Style: BJJ, TKD back in the day

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenOfAnger View Post
    The classes were great!

I asked about the conditioning classes when I got there, and he explained to me that they were for anybody, so I went ahead and signed up for that as well. I was a good hour worth of exercise and it really had me pushing myself. Afterward was jiu jitsu class. They divide their bjj classes by either a technique or a sparring class, so one day may only be repetitions, but others are entire days devoted to just rolling and using what you know.

Thankfully for me it was a technique class and we went over a choke, armbar, pass, and a sweep. I had a bunch of fun in that class and look forward to doing it even more.

Last was boxing class, and that day it turned out that they were focusing on conditioning more than technique. That meant throwing around the medicine ball back and forth, repetitions on the kick shield and a lot of stretching and cardio.

Like before when I took my free class a couple weeks ago, we also did a couple HKD wrist locks at the end of class, which served to be more of a cool down after boxing than an actual full hkd class.

Afterwards I was exhausted, and went home to sleep, then woke up right before midnight to leave for work. It was a fun day.

I had a blast training there and am definitely going back for more.

Sincerely,

ZoA.

Sounds like you had a great class. Welcome to Team Vaghi.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123