Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A late introduction...

Even though I am no longer a newbie, I still feel like I should write something here. I live in Nis, Serbia and enjoy training in the MA very much. The reason why I train in Judo is because it is the only 'real' art offered in my town. As in, apart from boxing, which I couldn't train in since all the gyms are too far, Judo is the only art that has standardized training regimes, gradings and competitions. I joined the forums to learn as much as possible about frauds, but also because of my interest in the MMA. I hope to become an amateur fighter one day.

Here on Bullshido my most common "habitats" are: the JMA forum, the WMA forum, the "Armory" and "MA in the news". Cheers!:occasion1

Style
    Jacket wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoist View Post
    Even though I am no longer a newbie, I still feel like I should write something here. I live in Nis, Serbia and enjoy training in the MA very much. The reason why I train in Judo is because it is the only 'real' art offered in my town. As in, apart from boxing, which I couldn't train in since all the gyms are too far, Judo is the only art that has standardized training regimes, gradings and competitions. I joined the forums to learn as much as possible about frauds, but also because of my interest in the MMA. I hope to become an amateur fighter one day.

Here on Bullshido my most common "habitats" are: the JMA forum, the WMA forum, the "Armory" and "MA in the news". Cheers!:occasion1
    Are there any other "alive" arts in your town apart from boxing? Nothing against judo but you seem to have strange criteria for deciding an art is worth training

YouTube- What is Aliveness - Matt Thornton

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoist View Post

Here on Bullshido my most common "habitats" are: the JMA forum, the WMA forum, the "Armory" and "MA in the news".

Cheers!:occasion1
    You are a newbie to this web forum as you joined in June. That is what is meant by newbie.

Yes. you are still considered a noob to posting even if the title says "junior member."

Welcome to the forum.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    Are there any other "alive" arts in your town apart from boxing? Nothing against judo but you seem to have strange criteria for deciding an art is worth training
    Not really, maybe a kickboxing/muay thai gym, but I avoid these arts because kickboxers have a reputation of being uh... well, the best translation of the term used would be "redneck". Now, this ain't exactly true, since I know the kickboxing champ of Souther Serbia and one of the trainers in the local gym used to train in low-kick, and they're both great guys. Judo has a rep of being one of 'those' arts. As in, judoka are both tough and cool, and also the quality of instruction is the same as everywhere else. There was a good karate sensei ( 5th dan) with whom I trained when I was young, but he passed away recently (RIP, Sensei Braca) and the school started advertising on TV. It looks like it turned into a mcdojo. So, judo really is one of the few arts, if not the ONLY art, that offers quality instruction, covenient and consistent location, and good rep in my hometown. I know I sound uptight, but when you live in Nis, you have to be.