Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 3:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

clif norgaard

Clif Norgaard Instructor: Clif Norgaard, 9th Dan Fugakukai International AssociationFugakukai films "Another path to Ashi Waza" by Dr. Clif Norgaard
    I understand that Dr. Norgaard is suppose to be a brilliant Judoka as well as Aikidoka but I can find no other information about him. Several of my fellow judokas took a seminar with him about a year ago and swear by him. What I want to know is whether I should get this DVD or not.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clif Norgaard is a brilliant judoka and aikidoka.

You won't find much about him outside of the Fugakukai. Within that organization, he is much respected.

Link please to the DVD.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 8:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'll second hungryjoe's comments. Dr. Norgaard is a genius of technical precision, and is an incredible teacher.

I highly recommend his video. In it Dr. Norgaard demonstrates alternative entries into a handful of ashi waza, each emphasizing kuzushi through synchronizing your timing movements to uke and avoiding using upper-body power. This approach has revolutionized my concept of judo.

i hope you choose to get the dvd and practice these entries. If you do, i'd be happy to discuss the concepts with you and/or point you to resources that may help you adapt your judo to this great stuff!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2010 11:57am

Style: Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Old Black Belt Magazin listing

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2010 8:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.karlgeis.com/
    Click the Fugakukai link and go down to films. It will take you to an order page. No online ordering though.

Posted On:
    3/12/2012 9:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido,Iaido,Aikijujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dr. Norgaard was recently awarded his 10th degree in Aikido... I was fortunate enough to have been invited to the event. He's incredibly brilliant in his teaching methods and philosophy about training, insofar as he wants students to "stop practicing for the dojo" and actually "invest energy" so that the techniques can be learned correctly. I find myself incredibly fortunate to practice at Bob Davis' dojo (McAllen, TX) where he shows up almost every week (guest instructor). One more thing: he constantly lets us know that while DVD's are a starting place for learning techniques, you HAVE to find a good instructor to really learn the intricacies of the art, since camera angles, etc. have a detrimental effect for actually showing the true technique(s) and correct applications. Lots of times, the instructor slows down for the camera to show a technique, and will invariably show a flaw that would not be there if seen live with the correct speed/maai.