Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 6:39am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fasst, dux ryu ninjitsu

Has anybody on Bullshido ever evaluated Frank Dux's system?
    Does it have any merit?
    I have read allot of the stuff on him and nothing seams to comment specifically on how good his style is.
    King without a crown

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 6:42am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's a completely Hollywood ninja what do you think?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 7:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do not know, thats why im asking.
    Count Dante was also full of **** but was a legitimate badass martial artist as well.

I appretiate that there is allot more evidence of Dante/Keehan actually fighting than the zero amount of evidence for Dux.
    So as Dux has retired from competition that leaves only his system by which to judge his ability as a martial artist and thus I am simply asking if any of the highly qualified martial artists here have evaluated the system as I am not qualified to do so myself.
    King without a crown

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 7:56am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you fucking with us? Because it seems like you are fucking with us.

If someone is a fraud, outright, there is no reason to trust anything to do with them.

You're fucking with us.

**** troll job.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 10:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No im really not.
    Just because somebody is a fraud does not mean they cant be a great martial artist.
    Im not saying either way, im just asking.
    If somebody like Mark Tripp posted "yes i looked at some of the techniques and they are bullshit"
    I would have my answer.

No need to be so defensive its a fair question to ask.
    King without a crown

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 10:37am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No. He's no good. His techniques are bullshit.

But, he does try make up for it by telling a lot of lies.

Unfortunately, he doesn't do his research beforehand and tells a lot of lies which are rather neatly disproven. If it's not going to be true, I've always thought a lie should at least be well made up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
    Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 10:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks SFGOON, thats all I was asking for.

The lies have been exposed but the system remained with little comment.
    King without a crown

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 11:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YEAH!!! I mean, if someone lies or is shady then they definitely can't fight or know about anything legitamately or have knowledge of anything relative at all cuz, cuz, well....just becuz.....

What a ridiculous argument. There are plenty of crappy people that know their ****, in every apsect of life.

People haven't checked out his system because it is more fun to tear him apart since he makes such a good target...plus checking out the system requires work and God forbid...leaving their dark rooms and keyboards for gulp...the REAL world!

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 11:17am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube- Hanshi Frank Dux demonstrates: Dragon Technique
    My evaluation: unrealistic wrist lock and unrealistic way to gouge small pressure points.

My evaluation: crappy throw with a crappy finish. Totally compliant, and designed to work against unrealistic attacks:
    YouTube- Hanshi Frank Dux demonstrates: Rope

YouTube- Hanshi Frank Dux demonstrates: Leopard Technique
    My evaluation: again, totally compliant. Those kinda strikes are standard fare in the kung fu I did, and they're very overrated unless you put some real time into developing that kind of strike (and you don't do that by air striking next to a guy's neck). Also I don't like how he holds his opposite hand low and across his centerline.

YouTube- Hanshi Frank Dux demonstrates: Tiger Claw
    Wow, more compliant techniques. I think he very much overestimates the effects his strikes will have, and using animal themes in isolation cuts off a lot of the more effective followups for the sake of aesthetics. Also, his gi and white wresting shoe combination is starting to weird me out.

YouTube- Frank W Dux and Bloodsport
    My evaluation: For real? The technique that Van Damme uses on the sumo wrestler in Bloodsport? Wow, headbutt a guy three times. And of course he crumples to the ground. What a martial arts master.

YouTube- Hanshi Frank Dux demonstrates: 12 Angles of Attack
    My evaluation: First of all, LOL, ninja battle spear. Actually that kind of spear he's using is a pretty good weapon, like the assegai or Ilkwah, but when would you carry one around? My main objection is that he has some functional material with showy moves that would probably fail. Also, there's a somewhat standard 12 angle system used in Filipino arts and I didn't see it here, but whatever, he's not an escrimador.

YouTube- Hanshi Frank Dux teaching Koga Ryu Ninjutsu: lesson 3
    My evaluation: Lame compliant technique, standard non-grappling groundfighting type stuff. I believe that the upkick with the toes up is way better than the side kick for two reasons: 1. an opponent will try to get past your legs to harm you, and with a side kick you can easily parry it and get towards their back since you're already on your side, and 2. The upkick uses the core muscles of the body, not just the leg, so it's one of the most powerful kicks you can do (it might not fit as well into the throat, but you could kick right under the jaw for effective and less lethal results (a good thing in the real world).

YouTube- Hanshi Frank Dux teaching Koga Ryu Ninjutsu: lesson 2
    My evaluation: I'm really not sure what's going on here, but the super low fighting stance is stupid and that was a weak scissor takedown (but I think he might have just been demonstrating stability principles. At least he teaches holding at least one hand at the chin level.

YouTube- Hanshi Frank Dux teaching Koga Ryu Ninjutsu: lesson 1
    My evaluation: He who tires of ninja rolls has become tired of life. Worst single leg ever, worst mount ever. There's a reason you don't just sit on someone like that, and it's that you can escape from underneath much easier if their legs are already past your arms.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 12:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Many thanks for that, Although I train , im nowhere near experienced enough to judge well.
    I was watching an Ashida Kim ninja levitation video and when I stopped laughing wondered how good Frank Dux's equivalent doctrine compared to that and established martial arts.

How would you say it compares to say Wing Chun or Shaolin Five Animals Kung Fu?
    King without a crown
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast