Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 7:13am

Style: taekwon-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If practicality is your main goal to favor a flashy technique meens IMO that you put a fair amount of time training it to the detriment of your other techniques.

Posted On:
    6/21/2010 10:38am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tkd panda View Post
    If practicality is your main goal to favor a flashy technique meens IMO that you put a fair amount of time training it to the detriment of your other techniques.
    Can't argue with that, I spend alot of time perfecting all my kicks, practicality is definitely my goal, but I do slack off sometimes to focus on the flashier side of Taekwondo

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/27/2010 6:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jwitts... have you sparred with F. Destolfo from Penn or Leo Saldana from Texas? They both fight with aliveness and the willingness to step it up to a higher level of fighting. Mr. Saldana is most likely the best current fighter of CTF

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/28/2010 8:19am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tkdjudohead View Post
    jwitts... have you sparred with F. Destolfo from Penn or Leo Saldana from Texas? They both fight with aliveness and the willingness to step it up to a higher level of fighting. Mr. Saldana is most likely the best current fighter of CTF
    Fight with aliveness?

These words....I don't think they mean what you think they mean.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/09/2010 10:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Traditional TKD, BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have sparred with Master Destolfo at summer camp way back can't remember the year prob like 2003, 2004, or 2005. I also sparred Master Young and a lot of the other 'older' Master instructors. They were very good and pretty much pin pointed your weakness, which is awesome cause I knew what I had to work on. I have not seen them spar since then.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 6:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sparred with Master Jackson when I was a blue belt and he picked me apart. He gave me a lot to work on. Leo has beaten me several times in tournaments. I think he is testing up at the next Nationals and will no longer be able to spar in competition.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 6:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will admit that it seems that I don't know what "aliveness" means. Could you suggest some sources where I can better understand this. I mean this in all sincerity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2010 7:02pm

Style: taekwon-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will admit that it seems that I don't know what "aliveness" means. Could you suggest some sources where I can better understand this. I mean this in all sincerity.
    Look at der's earlier post's especially Matt thorton video's and you have a good idea.

You can train with aliveness but if you're fighting you're going at it with intent to hurt not with aliveness.
    Last edited by tkd panda; 7/11/2010 7:06pm at . Reason: spelling I am an idiot

Posted On:
    7/20/2011 5:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwon-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I aslo take ctf and follow similar rules, Taekwon-do is an art of defense, and is known for kicks. It is not "full contact" for students that are still getting into the art. You should eventually be able to realize your full potential by being in class anyway.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123