Page 3 of 3 First 123

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If practicality is your main goal to favor a flashy technique meens IMO that you put a fair amount of time training it to the detriment of your other techniques.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tkd panda View Post
    If practicality is your main goal to favor a flashy technique meens IMO that you put a fair amount of time training it to the detriment of your other techniques.
    Can't argue with that, I spend alot of time perfecting all my kicks, practicality is definitely my goal, but I do slack off sometimes to focus on the flashier side of Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jwitts... have you sparred with F. Destolfo from Penn or Leo Saldana from Texas? They both fight with aliveness and the willingness to step it up to a higher level of fighting. Mr. Saldana is most likely the best current fighter of CTF

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tkdjudohead View Post
    jwitts... have you sparred with F. Destolfo from Penn or Leo Saldana from Texas? They both fight with aliveness and the willingness to step it up to a higher level of fighting. Mr. Saldana is most likely the best current fighter of CTF
    Fight with aliveness?

These words....I don't think they mean what you think they mean.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have sparred with Master Destolfo at summer camp way back can't remember the year prob like 2003, 2004, or 2005. I also sparred Master Young and a lot of the other 'older' Master instructors. They were very good and pretty much pin pointed your weakness, which is awesome cause I knew what I had to work on. I have not seen them spar since then.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sparred with Master Jackson when I was a blue belt and he picked me apart. He gave me a lot to work on. Leo has beaten me several times in tournaments. I think he is testing up at the next Nationals and will no longer be able to spar in competition.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will admit that it seems that I don't know what "aliveness" means. Could you suggest some sources where I can better understand this. I mean this in all sincerity.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will admit that it seems that I don't know what "aliveness" means. Could you suggest some sources where I can better understand this. I mean this in all sincerity.
    Look at der's earlier post's especially Matt thorton video's and you have a good idea.

You can train with aliveness but if you're fighting you're going at it with intent to hurt not with aliveness.
    Last edited by tkd panda; 7/11/2010 7:06pm at . Reason: spelling I am an idiot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I aslo take ctf and follow similar rules, Taekwon-do is an art of defense, and is known for kicks. It is not "full contact" for students that are still getting into the art. You should eventually be able to realize your full potential by being in class anyway.

Page 3 of 3 First 123