Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    6/07/2010 7:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRhino View Post
    The guy said he wanted to train, and be pushed, I say let him train. He'll either stick it out and get better, or he'll leave on his own.
    Agreed. He seems enthusiastic and willing to learn - and he didn't appear to be all 'you guys suck, my art is uber and my stats and EXP are higher than urs'.

It's not as if he's the first guy who ever walked into a MA school of a different style professing to have mad skillz.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2010 7:28pm

Style: Youtube-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh i thought he was cleverly switching words as part of his "act".
    You know like:

YouTube- Right Meow

But this is just much more badass
    YouTube- "Super Troopers Meow" at iraqi checkpoint

Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    You are seriously weird
    Yes.

EDIT:maybe i'm just giving the guy to much credit. It's just seems beyond stupid to walk into ATT of all places and start showing off your badass striking combos.
    Last edited by The_Beak; 6/07/2010 7:53pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2010 8:23pm

Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Almost makes me embarrassed to train TKD. Almost.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    6/07/2010 8:41pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Beak View Post
    EDIT:maybe i'm just giving the guy to much credit. It's just seems beyond stupid to walk into ATT of all places and start showing off your badass striking combos.
    Not if the ATT guys had asked him to show what he got beforehand, which might've happened. Yaknow,

ATT guys: So, what MMA experience you got?
    TKD guy: I have a TKD blackbelt, and have studied MMA concepts as part of my TKD training.
    ATT guys: O RLY?
    TKD guy: YA RLY.
    ATT guys: What sort of stuff have you been doing?
    TKD guy: Well, I can show you, if you like...
    ATT guys: Please do.

*camera phone is produced*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2010 10:00pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok...but MMA guys aren't pricks?

The guy comes and and says he wants to train and he's mocked and you hear the guy with the camera talking crap. Is this how ATT treats new students? The guy was totally respectful and acknowledged there were things he needed to learn.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but when people say that BJJ and MMA guys are jerks..this is the **** they're talking about. The guy said that he had nothing with TKD when he was on the ground and wanted to learn jui jitsu and they go...oh no...you're fine right now. Even after it is obvious they are mocking them he is still respectful....still trying to get their help. Please don't tell me those were instructors....

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    6/07/2010 10:21pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJayBoogie View Post
    ok...but MMA guys aren't pricks?

The guy comes and and says he wants to train and he's mocked and you hear the guy with the camera talking crap. Is this how ATT treats new students? The guy was totally respectful and acknowledged there were things he needed to learn.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but when people say that BJJ and MMA guys are jerks..this is the **** they're talking about. The guy said that he had nothing with TKD when he was on the ground and wanted to learn jui jitsu and they go...oh no...you're fine right now. Even after it is obvious they are mocking them he is still respectful....still trying to get their help. Please don't tell me those were instructors....
    Granted, we don't know what was said before filming started or the full circumstances of how the guy came to be there (I mean, it is possible that he came in there talking the usual martial artists vs. martial sportists/too deadly **** at first) - but from the video presented, I'd broadly endorse your comments in that yes, I think that the ATT guys were being mean to him.

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    6/08/2010 12:09am

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    C'mon, how many guys walk into ATT every day saying they want to train MMA? I'm sure it gets pretty old and this guy walks in saying the same thing, but with an interesting (and mockable) twist.

If you're going to walk into a gym with world-class asskickers, don't show them any of your awesome new revolutionary techniques unless they ask you to.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/08/2010 12:15am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** you guys are PC pansies. id have laughed at his silly ass too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2010 12:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Bar View Post
    C'mon, how many guys walk into ATT every day saying they want to train MMA? I'm sure it gets pretty old and this guy walks in saying the same thing, but with an interesting (and mockable) twist.

If you're going to walk into a gym with world-class asskickers, don't show them any of your awesome new revolutionary techniques unless they ask you to.
    they teach MMA...it is only natural that the majority of people coming in there actually desire to be trained. How can training at a school get old? I get it...that at first blush it looks like some TKD guy thinking he can get into mma...but you hear that the guy understands fully that he has a lot of stuff to learn. Now granted the TKD demonstration was probably unprovoked....and this is the YMAS forum so he he does deserve to be mocked...but dude was atleast humble.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2010 12:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    **** you guys are PC pansies. id have laughed at his silly ass too.
    so let me get this straight ...you have a mma training facility but you don't want anyone to come in and actually train if they have learned any other discipline? That **** doesn't make any sense. As I said, this is why MMA dudes are perceived as pricks. Now don't get me wrong...it's their right to be pricks...just saying...
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast