--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hi everyone

I just wanted to say hi. Hi :adios:

Style
    TKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone know anyone in NE Italy Vicenza area that does RBSD or MMA training? There's a lot of people that do Army Combatives here, and some that do MMA, but no one willing to teach an older guy. There's an Italian that teaches Systema, but I've already read too much negative stuff here to go that route. We have an 8th degree BB in Taekwondo teaching here, and I received my Green belt, but the LARPing just doesn't cut it for me, and a recent health issue prevents me from the awesome aerobic workout WTF Taekwondo gives you :icon_thum Any help would be appreciated.

Style
    Judofitness
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello mate,

what do you mean that they won't teach an older guy? Are they only training for competition?

I'd say, seek a respected judo teacher and train judo, you'll be having a great workouts and there'll be no such bullshit as "age limits". If you want striking, I think a good boxing gym could cut it too.
    Last edited by creativo; 6/05/2010 6:41pm at .

Style
    TKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I work on a military base, so that's where the folks that know combatives are. No one has come forward to teach any to civilians, and right now the majority of them are deployed. That makes it hard to find anyone with the knowledge and/or expertise to teach. As far as not wanting to roll with an older guy, it's because the guys that do know something are looking to workout to improve themselves, not trying to teach an old dog new tricks. I'm going to post a WANT AD on the bulletin board and see what turns up. There is a school about 40min away that does some Karate/Jiujitsu, and the owner was actually quite famous in his day, but I was hoping for something closer to where I am. I was hoping that someone from Vicenza would pick up on this thread and square me away.

Style
    judo hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/newreply.php on this server.

What's up with this?^^^^^

http://maps.google.com/local_url?q=h...VXdORwghgYsEYQ
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 6/06/2010 11:30am at . Reason: hard time providing link from mapquest

Style
    TKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hungryjoe, thanks for the link. I know Cittadella. It's still a ways a way. I just found this on youtube, and I think I'm going to start harassing some folks here until I find someone who is willing to train with me.
    YouTube- Hand-to-Hand Combat - Combatives Training - SETAF - US Army Africa - Vicenza Italy - 090722

I feel kind of stupid now posting this thread when I have a whole post, albeit most are deployed, but I think I'm going to start asking around more. I'd be stupid not to.