Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 10:26am

Style: BJJ, Striking, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    The USMC athletics claims are hard to verify because there are no records going back far enough. Calls have been made both to Leo White and Greg Gibson, but nothing yet.

Have any of you lazy bastards thought to call Craig Pittman?

See the problem is that virtually every active investigator is against Chuck, and hence "biased". If you guys want the answers YOU ARE GOIUNG TO HAVE TO GET THEM YOURSELVES and not rely on the investigative community, which is totally embroiled in the dispute.
    The Stars and Stripes as well as the base and local papers would have information regarding any sporting event of that size and nature. I have a stack of them from soccer tournaments I played in for the Marines. In fact, any time that the lowly base soccer team competed, we were in the paper with names and units. All-Marine is a bigger deal and is going to get covered.

I enlisted in 1994 and EAS'd in 1998. I'm hard pressed to believe that just a few years prior to my enlistment that there would be no record of his appearance in a military competition.

His SRB should contain notes of the TAD orders he received to leave his assigned duty station to go compete. I did this about four or five times a year starting in 1995 and had orders cut everytime I went TAD from HHS PMO.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 10:29am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 7thSamurai View Post
    The Stars and Stripes as well as the base and local papers would have information regarding any sporting event of that size and nature. I have a stack of them from soccer tournaments I played in for the Marines. In fact, any time that the lowly base soccer team competed, we were in the paper with names and units. All-Marine is a bigger deal and is going to get covered.

I enlisted in 1994 and EAS'd in 1998. I'm hard pressed to believe that just a few years prior to my enlistment that there would be no record of his appearance in a military competition.

His SRB should contain notes of the TAD orders he received to leave his assigned duty station to go compete. I did this about four or five times a year starting in 1995 and had orders cut everytime I went TAD from HHS PMO.
    I "took off" for temp duty to do magic for service men many times; I got orders to do so but none of that shows up on my 214 in any way shape or form.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 10:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    I "took off" for temp duty to do magic for service men many times; I got orders to do so but none of that shows up on my 214 in any way shape or form.
    Tripp-sama.

I did not say 214. I said SRB.

Doomo.

7th

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 10:35am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tripp-sama.

I did not say 214. I said SRB.

Doomo.

7th
    My point was the only paper they gave me when I left the service was a 214. If someone said "prove you were off doing magic shows" how could I prove it unless I kept all those other orders and papers which would be highly unlikely.

Oh, and I was featured in Stars and Stripes; but there is no way to prove that because I simply don't have that stuff anymore.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 10:44am

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a searchable archive here:

http://starsandstripes.newspaperarchive.com/

It's a pay-site, though, and probably selective in which of the one million pages it's archived. Might be worth a punt, although I would imagine sports reports are probably down the list when it comes to prioritizing what to digitize.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 10:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me preface by saying that I don't have much of a dog in this fight. I'm just pointing out what I see as options to pull some of the mystery from both of these investigations.

First,

My point was the only paper they gave me when I left the service was a 214. If someone said "prove you were off doing magic shows" how could I prove it unless I kept all those other orders and papers which would be highly unlikely.
    All I received was a DD-214 as well. I'm pointing out that in his Service Record Book, there may be information leading to confirmation that he did indeed compete.

Oh, and I was featured in Stars and Stripes; but there is no way to prove that because I simply don't have that stuff anymore.
    Perhaps if you were so inclined, you could contact the Stars and Stripes and request an archived copy of the papers with your articles in them. I always sent home copies to my parents, so that's why I have them still.

I'm simply offering up realistic options to show he was somewhere. I think that if he did compete in these tournaments, that he'll be in these papers somewhere. I don't know what duty station(s) he was at, but I wouldn't have a problem at all contacting the bases to find out.

Secondly, I'll be in Austin on July 6th and 7th, so if there's any need to track down this judo guy for Cy's investigation, I don't mind going to have a look.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 12:48pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now that's a real trick ;)
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 1:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonDingDong View Post
    There's a searchable archive here:

http://starsandstripes.newspaperarchive.com/

It's a pay-site, though, and probably selective in which of the one million pages it's archived. Might be worth a punt, although I would imagine sports reports are probably down the list when it comes to prioritizing what to digitize.
    When I get paid, I will subscribe and search. I will pass the results and instructions on how to replicate to you for you to post it here.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 1:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are "hard pressed to believe" it because you haven't read the thread. I posted the reply I received from the Marine Corps explaining that they do not have records going that far back (88-93).

Do your homework before you assume I am missing things, please. I have done mine, and I am not missing things.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2010 1:18pm

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    When I get paid, I will subscribe and search. I will pass the results and instructions on how to replicate to you for you to post it here.
    Yes, it's a shame my library doesn't subscribe to that one, but anything you need via Inter Library Loan I can usually get in a few days.

www.Worldcat.org is a great way to find who's got what where.