Page 32 of 37 First ... 22282930313233343536 ... Last

Style
    Kickboxin & Shootfightin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    The USMC athletics claims are hard to verify because there are no records going back far enough. Calls have been made both to Leo White and Greg Gibson, but nothing yet.

Have any of you lazy bastards thought to call Craig Pittman?

See the problem is that virtually every active investigator is against Chuck, and hence "biased". If you guys want the answers YOU ARE GOIUNG TO HAVE TO GET THEM YOURSELVES and not rely on the investigative community, which is totally embroiled in the dispute.
    ok,thanks for the reply.I think i should apologise for my poor post ability too.I realised about 30mins after posting the page numbers that not everyone has the same page/post per page layout.So,to clarify...

...the training/service in south korea claims are post# 64 of the "hello" thread,and the links that JudoSensei put up regarding winning weight divisions in the USMC is post# 165 of this current thread (damn i wish i knew how to make all the quote sh*t work).

I don't know who Craig Pittman is,and have virtually no knowledge of Judo in New Zealand let alone Judo in the US (which seems extremely complicated) and wouldn't even know when to call let alone the area codes,costs, and the fact that most Yanks can't understand my accent over the phone.

Another question i have is about Mr Arces Judo rank.I know Mr Tripp is the authority on that so my question is directed more at him. From readin on the other threads lately,my understanding is that to obtain Shodan in Judo,you need to compete (as a min) in the BB/Open division of any of the 3 main US Judo orgs??. Is it possible to bypass this??I ask because I'm wondering how Mr Arce's history works here?? Is he registered with any of the Judo orgs?? because that would surely help alot to solidify rank claims?? Also does he have to be registered at rank to compete?? As i understand it to obtain Shodan you need competition points,but to get those points you must be registered with the org holding the shiai?? (spelling?)So if hes competed then he must have registered?? at rank?? or is that a separate thing?? Is Mr tripp able to bypass the competition requirement or is overseas competition able to be counted or maybe training successful athletes used as a substitute?or USMC able to be counted?? Hoping for a little enlightenment here actually.

So to recap (sorry,it helps me think), claims of service i.e units,stations,and time are not yet verified and are therefore still "my word against yours". The USMC Judo comps are also likewise unconfirmed?? surely someone here in the USMC knows someone who could look in a yearbook or something?? And lastly, how Judo rank is actually obtained within the U.S. i.e no competition requirement beyond a certain dan rank??

anyways,its the weekend here (friday avo at least) and my kids are here and want on the puter (prolly to watch crap on youtube lol or maybve Assasins Creed).Hopefully i've been clear enough for now,

Cheers.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by T HUNTER View Post
    Thank you very much, also...Shi Han Reinhardt.
    Um, you're welcome, however, with all due respect, you now outrank me, and Kano Shihan is the only shihan I know of in Judo.

But I appreciate the respect all the same, and congratulations!

Ben Reinhardt

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <<<Another question i have is about Mr Arces Judo rank.I know Mr Tripp is the authority on that so my question is directed more at him. >>>

I am here.

<<<From readin on the other threads lately,my understanding is that to obtain Shodan in Judo,you need to compete (as a min) in the BB/Open division of any of the 3 main US Judo orgs??.>>>

Not what I said at all. First, the "concept" of the black belt in Judo is that it represents the division you are fighting in. That concept has changed and shifted over the years, mainly because other martial arts adopted the concept.

It is more correct to say, to get ANY rank in Judo you will have to have come connection with Shiai. Either as a player (most people do it this way,) or as a referee, Coach or Official in some way. EVERY promotion form is going to ask for your competition points, even in Judo Canada. Now, some coach's running schools, can LIE. They simply put down shiai points the student did not earn, then promote them. Eventually this is discovered and it is dealt with.

<<<Is it possible to bypass this??>>>

Assumes facts not in evidence. Where is your evidence he bypassed anything?

<<<I ask because I'm wondering how Mr Arce's history works here??>>>

He claims to have fought mainly out of Country. We have solid proof of his Coaching abilities in this country. As far as his Judo history, as fas as his skills are concerned, he as appeared in front of a USJA promotion board and been verified as a 4th degree black belt. That's the end of that discussion.

<<<Is he registered with any of the Judo orgs?? because that would surely help alot to solidify rank claims??>>>

Yes, as I have just explained.

<<<Also does he have to be registered at rank to compete??>>>

He needs to join one of the big three to fight. If he wants to fight in the black belt division, a registered black belt must "sign off" on his ability to fight in that division.

<<<As i understand it to obtain Shodan you need competition points,but to get those points you must be registered with the org holding the shiai??>>>

Not true at all. Ron Tripp (yes, cringe away some of you,) endered the midwest ladder shiai as a white belt, having NEVER fought in Judo before. Pat Burris signed off on him to fight in the Black Belt Division. Ron beat EVERY black belt he fought that day, and through the concept of batsugun, was promoted to Black Belt before he went up and claimed his gold medal.

<<<So if hes competed then he must have registered?? at rank?? or is that a separate thing??>>>>

Anywhere, anyone fights, you have to be registered with someone. The rank is only the division you are fighting in.

<<< Is Mr tripp able to bypass the competition requirement>>>

Could you explain where you get the idea I am "bypassing" anything?

<<< is overseas competition able to be counted or maybe training successful athletes used as a substitute?or USMC able to be counted?? Hoping for a little enlightenment here actually.>>>

Its why the validation process is in place. To take all of the information on a player and putting it together into a solid history so they may be ranked where they belong.

I hope you have been enlightened.

Mark Tripp
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    Style
    None
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Um, you're welcome, however, with all due respect, you now outrank me, and Kano Shihan is the only shihan I know of in Judo.

But I appreciate the respect all the same, and congratulations!

Ben Reinhardt
    G-d you people make me want to do Judo. We haven't had a friendly-exchange-of-respect sighting on the internet in about 6 years.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Tripp I finally understand the meaning of Shodan the the martial arts. A black belt in (say) Uechi Ryu means one is ready to fight in the black belt division at Judo Shiai! Only everyone declines to show up and fight.

All joking aside, elite wrestlers from any style: Shuai Jiao, freestyle, SAMBO, etc. would seem to be good candidates for Shodan validation. Is this correct Mark?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone want to do a bullet point breakdown of this crap so we can either wrap it up or just drop it and get on with our lives?

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    @Tripp I finally understand the meaning of Shodan the the martial arts. A black belt in (say) Uechi Ryu means one is ready to fight in the black belt division at Judo Shiai! Only everyone declines to show up and fight.

All joking aside, elite wrestlers from any style: Shuai Jiao, freestyle, SAMBO, etc. would seem to be good candidates for Shodan validation. Is this correct Mark?
    Shodan thru Batsugun yes.

Validation no because they would still need evidence of their Shiai skills.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Someone want to do a bullet point breakdown of this crap so we can either wrap it up or just drop it and get on with our lives?
    I suggest you ask Lampa to interview Tripp and write it up. He has indicated that he is ready to this sort of work on another thread.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well here is the time line for me,

1. I am about to give my thoughts in the Chuck Judo thread and then I am done posting there. Mark Hunter has some things to add when he gets back from Camp.

2. I will make a new post sometime Saturday night with the contents of my interview with Moose (this will be in front of witnesses,) as to what happened, EXACTLY, with him, Chuck, and his Dad's PRIVATE records.

3. Then I am done; I don't think an interview is necessary, everything I have had to say is here. The level of venom that is being directed towards me (as I said it would) simply because I proved Chuck was lying, is unacceptable and frankly who needs it.

As to Steve, here is my PUBLIC statement as a member in good standing with USJA.

"Steve stood in front of a certified USJA promotion board for the purpose of rank verification. The conclusion of the board was that he should be a 4th degree black belt and that recommendation was sent to USJA headquarters."

THAT should be the end of the Judo matters.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post

"Steve stood in front of a certified USJA promotion board for the purpose of rank verification. The conclusion of the board was that he should be a 4th degree black belt and that recommendation was sent to USJA headquarters."
    Thank you, Mark.

Page 32 of 37 First ... 22282930313233343536 ... Last