Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/13/2010 9:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiPhil889 View Post
    Speaking of lies and proving or disproving said statements.Has there been any further progress on the numerous service claims by Mr Arce?? i.e the diff units? competitions? etc etc??
    We're working on that. Right now we have some records acquired under FOIA that don't appear to match some of his claims. If he signs an SF-180 to send better paperwork to someone on our site, that could clear things up. We also have some outstanding queries.

Was there something you wanted to help with?

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    6/13/2010 9:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The main issue here seems to be whether Steve Arce deserves a black belt "tag" on Bullshido.net. Not all the he said-she said drama between Gokor, Karo, et al.

What exactly does Bullshido.net need to be satisfied that Steve deserves a black belt "tag" for Judo? A valid rank certificate from USJA, USJF, or USA Judo? He's what, $16 short of that ? Can somebody just send JA a check for $16 so Steve can be a "legit" black belt?

Ben Reinhardt

Posted On:
    6/13/2010 9:38pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    The main issue here seems to be whether Steve Arce deserves a black belt "tag" on Bullshido.net. Not all the he said-she said drama between Gokor, Karo, et al.
    No, there are a few other issues too. We have to resolve the issues Neil Ohlenkamp raised. He did so publicly, and if he's wrong, it is important to clear Arce's name. Also, there are some military service claims to deal with.

What exactly does Bullshido.net need to be satisfied that Steve deserves a black belt "tag" for Judo? A valid rank certificate from USJA, USJF, or USA Judo? He's what, $16 short of that ? Can somebody just send JA a check for $16 so Steve can be a "legit" black belt?
    As far as I know, the USJA has the money and is just doing some sort of background check on him and Marr. I think that's pretty much a done deal, though; it would surprise me if that came back with an adverse result.

Posted On:
    6/13/2010 9:42pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    No, there are a few other issues too. We have to resolve the issues Neil Ohlenkamp raised. He did so publicly, and if he's wrong, it is important to clear Arce's name. Also, there are some military service claims to deal with.

As far as I know, the USJA has the money and is just doing some sort of background check on him and Marr. I think that's pretty much a done deal, though; it would surprise me if that came back with an adverse result.
    Thanks for the recap. I'm glad Steve is on the verge of being a "legit" black belt after all these years.

Ben Reinhardt

Posted On:
    6/13/2010 9:43pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the recap. I'm glad Steve is on the verge of being a "legit" black belt after all these years.
    Until we find out otherwise, I know of no indication that he was ever anything else.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 4:39am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just in case someone missed this:

I wish to apologize for taking so long to come up with what is clearly the obvious solution to the current ranking issues of Steve Arce. Why it took me this long is beyond me, and I can only say current health issues must have effected my thinking process.

After all, having offered the same process to Matt Morton and Ralph Severe, with the total support of the forum, why not offer the same process to Steve? I have, and he has accepted.

We are working on the date as we speak. But what will happen is that I am going to fly Steve to me, here in Michigan. I am going to set up a series of clinics and Camps so MANY people will be able to see his skills firsthand, as well as he will have a chance to meet some pretty solid people I know. For sure we are going to be doing one clinic in the Detroit area, and at lest two clinics in Ohio.

I am working to convene a promotion board of the highest judoka in Ohio Judo who will assist in the testing and validation process. So there should be NO doubt that we WILL find the EXACT rank is qualified to hold, and will certify him to that rank ON THE SPOT.

Steve is aware his papers are not accepted by the Judo groups here in the US. However, he is working hard to correct the problem, unlike Matt or Ralph. As such, I would respectfully say that any and all discussions of what rank Steve holds, be placed on hold until the legitimate verification process takes place. Because while his current rank papers are not accepted in the US, the ones he gets from me will be.

Moreover, some of you are going to have an OUTSTANDING chance to work on your "no-gi judo" for mma or submission grappling before the summer is out.

More to come....

Mark Tripp
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 4:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ben Reinhardt
    Ben,

Thanks, but there is a problem with this, and its what the hold up is for his Judo rank. If we Validate him as a Shodan, he is a shodan as of the date its issued. So the clock on time in grade requirements is set to zero on that date. I have suggested we go for a full promotion board to find out exactly where he is, so that his future promotions will be in a timely manner.

My date of rank for 6th dan is 10/8/2003; I have to wait another two years before I can begin the process for 7th dan. There is no way I will ever get higher than 7th, just due to the time in grade requirements alone.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 8:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, been lurking throughout this investigation. Nice to see this being resolved logically and professionally.

One question Mtripp. How high can you, a 6th dan, rank him? In one of Arce's posts he claimed 7th dan, so I was wondering what could/would happen here.

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 8:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis17 View Post
    Hi, been lurking throughout this investigation. Nice to see this being resolved logically and professionally.

One question Mtripp. How high can you, a 6th dan, rank him? In one of Arce's posts he claimed 7th dan, so I was wondering what could/would happen here.
    Actually it's about my level as an examiner rather than my personal rank. However it's a moot point as we are putting him in front of a promotion board.

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 1:23pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Ben,

Thanks, but there is a problem with this, and its what the hold up is for his Judo rank. If we Validate him as a Shodan, he is a shodan as of the date its issued. So the clock on time in grade requirements is set to zero on that date. I have suggested we go for a full promotion board to find out exactly where he is, so that his future promotions will be in a timely manner.

My date of rank for 6th dan is 10/8/2003; I have to wait another two years before I can begin the process for 7th dan. There is no way I will ever get higher than 7th, just due to the time in grade requirements alone.
    I understand that, I was thinking the same thing regarding his time in rank being reset. Somebody needs to call JA and tell them to put a hold on the current process?

Also, is Steve going to be able to document all the things necessary to be promoted up to say, sandan? The JA requirements get pretty strict after nidan, and especially so for yondan,including kata. Hopefully things can get documented here and used for verification purposes by the promotion board you have proposed in another thread.

Ben
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172324252627 28293031 ... LastLast