"THE HUNTER"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 6:21pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by T HUNTER View Post
    The image you just posted, IS a partial page from my USA SRB. A partial and NOT correct page. By the way, when do I get my USMC tag? I have people who NEVER EVER served the USA, questioning if I served...and I don't even have my funny looking little tag? There are a LOT of jokers on here. Pat M. was right. This place is fucked.
    I don't think anyone is questioning whether you have served-but there are questions about what capacity it was. For the record, I'm a veteran-so you don't have to worry about "people who never ever served the usa" asking all the questions. I've served and I'm asking.

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 6:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Scolofinf = soi
    You were there as a 9900 (general purpose Marine), not an 0311, and there is no record of you graduating from SOI. If you did, it would appear in your Military Education summary on the first page.

Why do you not have the DD-214 you were issued?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 6:36pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have pics of full dress blues usmc 0311 and full dress alpha usmc mp 5811 on fb
    Dress Blues are what they are. There is no specific difference other than the number of hashmarks for years served and the decorations / shooting qualification badges and rank.

Just curious. Was your 0311 MOS before or after your 5800?

Your 1070 page of your SRB shows no entry for SAC, ITS, MCB, Camp Pendleton. It should have for the 0311 training. It does have a SCOLOFINF entry for a 9900, which is a basic Marine before MOS training. That should have been during your time in boot camp when you humped, qualified at the range, climbed Mt Mother _ucker, etc.

All Marines have to be rifle qualified at a minimum Marksman level. That's what makes us different than the rest of the branches of service. An 03 MOS is separate from this directive.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 7:17pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I signed USA USMC DEP in August of 1987. That made me 17.
    According to the quote at the link below you became the USMC Judo Champion the year after signing up. These championships are generally won by black belts (at least in the -84K division). Where did you learn judo to achieve that level of skill as a teenager? Did you compete in judo prior to joining the Marines?

"I am a former Active Duty US Marine. USMC Judo Champion at -84 Kg. from 88'-92'."
    made here:
    [Choi Kwang Do] Ckd - Martial Arts Planet

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 8:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you have your SRB, could you maybe scan that in?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 9:19pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just found this topic at Origin of Karo's No Gi Judo - No BS MMA and Martial Arts where there are some details about the Arce rank history. Apparently his judo shodan rank was awarded at a Chuck Norris TSD studio -- black belt in 3 martial arts at age 14. The judo part of this is a little questionable since 14 year olds are not generally ranked as adult black belts in judo, and it was even more rare in the early 80's. It certainly would have required considerable tournament experience and success beating adults. In order to gain that experience he would have to be registered with a national judo organization, but I believe the Norris studio was not a member dojo of Nanka or USJA. According to Arce in the topic link above, Chuck Norris was not a black belt in judo at the time so there is a question as to his qualifications to promote in judo, if he did. My sensei and I taught judo at several nearby locations during the late 70's and throughout the 80's, I visited the Norris studio many times, and I attended most of the local judo tournaments during that period with my students. I never saw any Chuck Norris students participating in judo, and I never saw any claim that the studio taught judo.

This does not mean Arce did not learn some judo (in fact I think he is pretty knowledgeable about judo), but it is very doubtful that he would have met the requirements for a legitimate judo rank from a national judo organization at that age. The second dan would have faced the same problem if the first dan was never registered. That explains why any future ranks were not registered.

So there are a few discrepancies still in the claims Arce has made along the way. In the Bullshido bio he said "While in Okinawa I competed in Judo and NCAA rules wrestling, and was all forces champion at 84kg in both sports for Okinawa and mainland Japan." This sounds different than the earlier claim (see my previous post) of "USMC Judo Champion" which is an annual all-marine US championship. On the Judo Forum in 2005 he posted "Former USMC Judo Champion on Okinawa at - 81 Kg. (1989-90)" which makes it sound like he was there long enough to compete for 2 years with a slightly different weight category.
    http://judoforum.com/index.php?/topi..._1&#entry64409

The recent Bullshido bio says Arce was stationed in Okinawa for 6 months, then Quantico for the rest of his service. In a 2005 JudoForum post he wrote "I just lived in South Korea for 14 months while in the USMC..."
    http://judoforum.com/index.php?/topi..._1&#entry65050

5th dan claims
    http://judoforum.com/index.php?/user/394-dosanjudodojo/
    http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/arc...p/t-19256.html
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...07&ref=profile (in a photo caption)

7th dan claim in a 2008 email to wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Arce1988

I think these raise a few questions about his judo rank. Again, I have no reason to doubt that he learned judo along the way. I hope the USJA does recognize him as a shodan so this affair can start to be put behind us.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 11:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudoSensei View Post
    I just found this topic at Origin of Karo's No Gi Judo - No BS MMA and Martial Arts where there are some details about the Arce rank history. Apparently his judo shodan rank was awarded at a Chuck Norris TSD studio -- black belt in 3 martial arts at age 14. The judo part of this is a little questionable since 14 year olds are not generally ranked as adult black belts in judo, and it was even more rare in the early 80's. It certainly would have required considerable tournament experience and success beating adults. In order to gain that experience he would have to be registered with a national judo organization, but I believe the Norris studio was not a member dojo of Nanka or USJA. According to Arce in the topic link above, Chuck Norris was not a black belt in judo at the time so there is a question as to his qualifications to promote in judo, if he did. My sensei and I taught judo at several nearby locations during the late 70's and throughout the 80's, I visited the Norris studio many times, and I attended most of the local judo tournaments during that period with my students. I never saw any Chuck Norris students participating in judo, and I never saw any claim that the studio taught judo.

This does not mean Arce did not learn some judo (in fact I think he is pretty knowledgeable about judo), but it is very doubtful that he would have met the requirements for a legitimate judo rank from a national judo organization at that age. The second dan would have faced the same problem if the first dan was never registered. That explains why any future ranks were not registered.
    I conducted the interviews upon which those posts are based and have my original notes. Here is the complete relevant portion:

I started training martial arts in 1974 at the age of 4, at Chuck Norris' TSD Karate where I studied TKD, TSD and Judo (Yudo) under Norris and Pat Johnson. I trained there until 1984 when Norris left the Dojang to start his UFAS system. At that time I had 1st Dan rank in all three styles. Although Norris signed off on my Shodan, Johnson indicated to me several times that he was unsure as to whether or not Chuck actually passed his Judo BB test in Korea.

At this time I was 14, and my mother moved me to Yong Kil Kin's Dojang for my HS years.I trained there until 1987 ans was awarded 2nd dan in TKD and Judo there. I also began working out with several Iranian wrestlers from a nearby school (my HS did not offer wrestling). My friends Amir and Mohammed would eventually introduce me to Reza Nasri, Matt Ghaffari and Emin Boztepe. And the three of us would train at Gracie Torrance and BHJJ together in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudoSensei
    So there are a few discrepancies still in the claims Arce has made along the way. In the Bullshido bio he said "While in Okinawa I competed in Judo and NCAA rules wrestling, and was all forces champion at 84kg in both sports for Okinawa and mainland Japan." This sounds different than the earlier claim (see my previous post) of "USMC Judo Champion" which is an annual all-marine US championship.
    Read what I posted about Marr's testimony regarding Leo White and Arce. To my knowledge White does not know Arce from Okinawa, but from Armed Forces athletics, which is the proper venue for the all-marine US championship. That does not mean Arce has proved he won that (those), but it does mean that Leo WHite places him in the right sort of competitive venue, and not just in comps in Okinawa.

On the Judo Forum in 2005 he posted "Former USMC Judo Champion on Okinawa at - 81 Kg. (1989-90)" which makes it sound like he was there long enough to compete for 2 years with a slightly different weight category.
    http://judoforum.com/index.php?/topi..._1&#entry64409
    I agree that 1989-1990 does make it sound like it was two years. Are 81kg and 85kg valid weight classes in Judo? I am not too concerned by someone putting on 4kg to go up a weight class.

The recent Bullshido bio says Arce was stationed in Okinawa for 6 months, then Quantico for the rest of his service. In a 2005 JudoForum post he wrote "I just lived in South Korea for 14 months while in the USMC..."
    http://judoforum.com/index.php?/topi..._1&#entry65050
    This is definitely worth asking Arce about.

5th dan claims
    http://judoforum.com/index.php?/user/394-dosanjudodojo/
    http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/arc...p/t-19256.html
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...07&ref=profile (in a photo caption)

7th dan claim in a 2008 email to wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Arce1988

I think these raise a few questions about his judo rank. Again, I have no reason to doubt that he learned judo along the way. I hope the USJA does recognize him as a shodan so this affair can start to be put behind us.
    I believe 7th is his what those Yudo rank numbers refer to (does anyone know how to verify that sort of info?). 4th is from Marr and I confirmed that myself. I have no idea where 5th comes from.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/10/2010 12:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @JudoSensei I want to focus a question for you (and any other senior Judoka present) on this quote from the interview

At this time I was 14, and my mother moved me to Yong Kil Kin's Dojang for my HS years.I trained there until 1987 ans was awarded 2nd dan in TKD and Judo there.
    How old do you have to be to receive an adult 1st dan? If Arce tested at 2nd dan level in 1987 at the age of 17, is there an actual issue with the 1st dan from Norris?

again @JudoSensei it is very important that facts be considered in a reasonable and professional manner while in MABS. I don't understand why you chose to discuss the possible problems with Arce's rank from Norris, and ignored the very relevant information literally one sentence away: "At this time I was 14, and my mother moved me to Yong Kil Kin's Dojang for my HS years.I trained there until 1987 and was awarded 2nd dan in TKD and Judo there."

Isn't the reasonable thing to do to discuss the rank from Yong Kil Kin and see if any significant problems remained with the 2nd dan after 1987?

Also, and please take this with all due respect, can we expect that Mr Arce's application for 1st dan recognition with USJA will proceed independently of this conversation?
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 6/10/2010 12:34pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    6/10/2010 12:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    You were there as a 9900 (general purpose Marine), not an 0311, and there is no record of you graduating from SOI. If you did, it would appear in your Military Education summary on the first page.

Why do you not have the DD-214 you were issued?
    Not exactly true. I have a certificate from a school I took and passed in the Military yet the school, nor my graduation from it is listed in my DD214....and it was a counter intel school.

Please note...the military does what it wants how it wants and even sometimes makes mistakes.

The TRUTH of someone's life is most often not matched with accompaning papers Cy.