You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    6/06/2010 9:42am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsteel View Post
    It may be easy to say on the internet but in real life I have three kids so I live it everyday. If one of my kids broke into someone's house and was shot dead, there is no way I could blame that person for killing my child because I would do the exact same thing if it was one of their kids.
    1) I don't believe you.
    2) No houses were broken into. (Though that's beside the point.)

Take the gun out of the situation for a second and tell me how you would envision the situation going down. Most likely there would still be a funeral.
    What's that got to do with what I'm saying? I'm just saying that I can understand why the family would react the way they did. They're human.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/06/2010 9:48am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Give them some time to get to that conclusion.
    They should have come to the conclusion BEFORE this happened. **** like this doesn't just happened out the blue I guarantee there were other signs that should have had them make corrections in parenting.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    6/06/2010 9:55am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    They should have come to the conclusion BEFORE this happened.
    I very much agree with this.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/06/2010 10:41am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously? You want them to just sit back and shrug their shoulders?

I'm not saying that they are right to react the way they did. I am saying that it's perfectly understandable that they would react the way they did, when they've just put their son in the ground.
    As I type this, I am in the process of "putting someone in the ground." This man was one of the most important people in my life, bar none. As sad as I am, there are no regrets because we were very close, we cared deeply for each other, and when we did have problems, we worked them out.

Life is a VERY harsh place, and there are rules as unbreakable as Newton's laws of motion. One of them is, you need to be sorry before, rather than after. It is the difference between building something or always repairing it.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/06/2010 10:48am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's quite easy to say here on a the web when it doesn't involve any one you're related to.
    No more or less so than making excuses for the kid.

My younger brother, when he was alive, went through a street punk phase. Nothing was working and he was on the path this young man was on.

So, I came home on leave, and I dealt with it. I dealt with him, and the punks he was hanging out with. No, I did not control any of them. My dear younger brother was quite shocked when I knocked him on his ass and pointed out how many more of those I had planned until he got some sense.

So yes, it is REAL easy for me to say....
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    6/06/2010 11:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    I hope you are kidding as that is the WORST thing you could do.

Those CSI people will catch that EVERY time.
    Yes, I am kidding

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    6/06/2010 11:09am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a buddy named Jesse in high School. We were real close. Hung out all the time, and when we were out of highs school we rented a house with another buddy. Good guy. Idiot, but a good guy.

One night, he got drunk, snorted some coke, and went to play chicken on the train tracks. The train won by applying all of Newton's laws at the same time. They can do that, you know.

So, as his family, friends, and acquaintances sat around at Jesse's wake, telling wildly exaggerated stories of his exploits we all agreed on two things: Jesse was a damned idiot, and idiots die. We were still very sad, and we still miss him, but not even his parents disagreed with that point.

So for the dead 17-year-old parents in this story?

It IS very sad that your son is gone, and that no one could help him before his own choices resulted in the end of his life. He DESERVED to be helped, and he DESERVED to live a long, productive life. It is TRAGIC that it didn't happen for him. You SHOULD be angry, and sad, and you SHOULD mourn him every day.

But NOBODY was "BRUTALLY MURDERED" here. In life, some days you are the windshield, sometimes you are the bug. But if you are smart, it is not so difficult avoid getting splatted. SOme learn this sooner than others. Some never.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2010 11:22am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I very much agree with this.
    ok...let's go real for a second. I have a very close family member who was quite a bad actor as a teenager. I thought of the 3 things discussed above:

They would grow out of it
    Get worse
    Get killed...

I knew these realities. Trouble started at 12 and in the state of california a child can not technically be held responsible for any crime. Here I am as a parent going...ok...that was bad...they need punishment and the judge saying...shame on you...don't do it again. I almost got arrested in the courthouse. Of course, my child got MUUCH worse. I spent much of those years waiting to have them call me from jail which happened often or the two cops walking up to the door. My child...thank god...grew out of it..but spent their childhood in group homes and juvenile hall...

I say all of that to say this. If someone disconnected their head from their neck protecting themselves...I would be devestated...but I wouldn't blame the VICTIMS. I prayed constantly that they would not kill or hurt anyone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2010 11:52am

Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI147639/
    This is my cousin. I changed here diapers when she was little. Her father, who is also in jail, and I roomed together in college. I blame both him AND his parents for what happened. Why? Because they had the "My baby can't do no wrong" attitude that led to many many previous bad incidents including nearly getting me fired from a job.

When her dad got sentenced to 15yrs for shooting a guy* I told them it was their fault because they always bailed him out and never held him responsible for his actions. This caused a rift in the family because it was the truth. When this happened with Teah I simply said they didn't learn because it was the same behavior that led to this. No matter what they did it wasn't their fault.** When they got punished it was always other people over reacting.

*He has a Masters degree and decides it was worth throwing his life away for bootleg DVDs and cell phones!?!?

**I was somehow blamed for the shooting because I somehow got the idea in his head to carry a gun. Truth of the matter is I started carrying because of my job and the fact that I needed to have protection when making night deposits where it was a known fact that pple would stake out drop boxes and try to rob those making store deposits.
    So sorry about your cousin bro. Speaking of your job what exactly was it that you did?

That aside I know all too well how this cycle ends up. One of my old buddies from Jr. High school is now behind bars. Why? Because he tried to live a thug life with no consequences. His mother didn't do a damn thing to fix it either. She was on that bullshit of "Oh he's just being a kid. It's nothing serious."

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/06/2010 12:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard619 View Post
    So sorry about your cousin bro. Speaking of your job what exactly was it that you did?
    We working at a youth centers in inner city communities.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567