Page 4 of 4 First 1234

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Think of bahi as consisting of fibers held together by a kind of resin. Depending on the quality of the bahi, the fibers can be somewhat widely spaced or packed tight. The fibers are like wire; bahi sticks can cause splinters if not sanded properly.

If you use a bahi stick on a hard object, the fibers and the resin binding them will deteriorate and break up. In a way it will splinter like rattan, but unlike rattan, the resin gives bahi much more strength and durability.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went to the store and found bahi. I didn't buy it because it's shockingly heavy. I felt like my stick work would be too slow.

I will pick up cheapo rattan sticks at the school instead.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bahi isn't intended for general practice. it's more of an actual fighting stick and a training weapon. I use by bahi sticks for solo training, with no contact on to tires or any other target

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was surprised by how heavy the wood is. I may get some bahi later because the grain is beautiful, and I can appreciate the benefits of training with heavier material.

On a slightly different note I got some ironwood and am making myself a practice knife. I'm enjoying making practice weapons almost as much as the training. When I get it done I'll post pics.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 4 of 4 First 1234