Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    6/07/2010 5:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Flashpoint. Good choice and a go to everytime someone asks about MMA in movies or favorite movie fight scenes.

How about the Corey Yeun directed/Benny the Jet/Bruce Lee's daughter/Michael Wong flick Enter the Eagles

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    6/07/2010 5:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll have to track down a copy, I think they called it "And Now You're Dead" here in the States. Good call, though.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    6/07/2010 5:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On that note, one of the worst films ever made, which happens to have Shannon Lee in it as well......Lessons for an Assassin.

*ugh*

One of the things about SPL is: Sammo can still move great for a fat man. His athleticism is just astounding and you wonder how he would look if he lost a hundred pounds, ya know?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2010 10:20pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i just watched flash point and i think the martial arts movie industry needs to move forward to that type of fight choregraphy. sure there's triple jumping kicks and such but the great majority of it is somewhat more realistic and you'll even recognise a lot of it in the ring, keeping in mind it's a movie.

personally the few judo throws were very welcome.

in addition i think it's much more expressive than the generic movie-fu we're used to simply due to grappling being used much more.

Spoiler:
    winning via chokehold like in flash point's last fight scene is a much more poignant and dominant type of dispatching bad guys than knocking them out. it does bring things to a more personal level imo

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    6/08/2010 11:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It helps when the principal actor trains in something that lends itself to fight choreography.

Take Scott Adkins for example:
    sure he played Deadpool in Wolverine and was in Ninja....no not the cooler Ninja Assassin....but Ninja, look it up....but he was also the Russian MMA guy in Undisputed II and III. Adkins is a TKDer but also a Judoka which was evident in Undisputed II and III and is the reason lots of guys on this site *like* Undisputed II.

When more action stars train in other arts OR when the other arts start creating action stars, it will translate on-screen

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 8:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Flash Point was originally set up to be some kind of sequel/prequel to SPL but it kind of drifted in its own direction. I like SPL for Sammo and the brutality going on with Wu Jing and his Tanto. You know he's bad because his weapon is unpatriotic.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/13/2010 1:30am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Capoeira Angola

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good flick. The ending was a little suprising.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12