Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 11:42pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Def One of My Top Butterlfy Passes!

I've been getting a lot of e-mails from Stephan Kesting lately and he sent out a video to my e-mail of what he called the "Twitch" pass.

This has been one of my goto pass set-ups for about 4 1/2 years now. He explains it really well.

One thing I like to do also is get an underhook to secure my movement when I work to pass around the legs.

Here's the vid: The Twitch Pass

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2010 2:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How did this thread not get more love? I have not seen this variation before, and I will most certainly be trying it out later today. Looks like you really have to twist the hips to pop that other hook out if they are really trying to keep it in there.

Are there any other points you can add that Kesting left out? Is there anything you are looking for when you set this up? (no hand control, flat on back, lazy hooks, etc) What problems do you run into when trying this pass(ie how are they countering)?
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 8:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually do this well with a basic donkey kick too most of the time.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 10:21am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasculs View Post
    I've been getting a lot of e-mails from Stephan Kesting lately and he sent out a video to my e-mail of what he called the "Twitch" pass.

This has been one of my goto pass set-ups for about 4 1/2 years now. He explains it really well.

One thing I like to do also is get an underhook to secure my movement when I work to pass around the legs.

Here's the vid: The Twitch Pass
    Thanks for this. I've done it before but never had a name for it.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 4:38pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to run through this tomorrow. Thanks for the video!

Is the key to pulling this off to do the 'twitch' quickly? It seems like you would be de-based for a moment with your knees 'in line' (close together linearly) opening you up to be swept, especially if they are keeping forward pressure with their hooks.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 5:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy View Post
    I'm going to run through this tomorrow. Thanks for the video!

Is the key to pulling this off to do the 'twitch' quickly? It seems like you would be de-based for a moment with your knees 'in line' (close together linearly) opening you up to be swept, especially if they are keeping forward pressure with their hooks.
    Ya, that is my thought with this variation too. I think what jasculus does is a little safer and closer to the variation I sometimes use.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.