Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/08/2010 12:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sean.smith95 View Post
    sounds great. i also wanna lose weight. though i have healthy diet, i am so lazy to train persistently. most of training are so boring. except cycling for 1hour every day, i nearly don't do further training these days. there might be a long way to lose weight!
    1 hour of biking every day is pretty good.

Watch what you eat, and maintain a negative calorie balance, and you should be losing some fat.

Posted On:
    6/08/2010 1:27pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I work 20 miles from where i live, I'm tempted to cycle it a few times a week as a commute, that would be a real kick in the cajones for those metabolic pathways!

Posted On:
    6/08/2010 7:33pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's the dirty secret about fat loss: it's psychology. You know how to lose weight: eat right and exercise. If you do that you'll lose weight. Ease into exercise. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Slowly increase your exercise level. When you start, pretty much anything will work. It changes later.

It's pretty easy to do this for a little while. But you have to -- have to -- make these changes into new habits. Dietary changes are paramount. You can't out-train a bad diet.

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 11:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    Here's the dirty secret about fat loss: it's psychology. You know how to lose weight: eat right and exercise. If you do that you'll lose weight. Ease into exercise. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Slowly increase your exercise level. When you start, pretty much anything will work. It changes later.

It's pretty easy to do this for a little while. But you have to -- have to -- make these changes into new habits. Dietary changes are paramount. You can't out-train a bad diet.
    The truth!

Fortunately, I got over those hurdles a couple years back. Right now, I'm just trying to get back on the wagon after a year of letting it slide. But it is really easy to get back to the diet thing.

Breakfast is three hard boiled eggs, an imperial pint of whole milk, and a small handful of nuts.

For lunch, I've got a mass of Greens, (collard, mustard, Anaheim pepper, and red onions) a big lean steak, and one slice of bread.

Don't have dinner planned yet, but it will probably involve more greens and protein.

Deserts are either fruit, or fruit juice. Occasionally I'll have a sweet of some kind, but that is rare, and is the only processed sugar I'm eating right now.

Drinking as much cold water as I can stand.

And today is resistance day! Going to beat my last workout for bycycle crunches, and pushups. I'm going to see if I can do some incline push ups. I used to be just fine with them, but I wasn't strong enough last time I worked out. I think today I'll be good, as I've had two days to rest, and my kung-fu feels strong!

Then a little cardio on the exercise bike to get the heart rate up and down a few times.

It's all good!
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 6/09/2010 11:39am at .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234