Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/29/2010 11:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ranieri Paiva

My name is Ranieri Paiva , i saw this forum here, if you guys want to know anything about me i can tell everything about my jiu-jitsu history, just send the e-mail address to pararanieri@yahoo.com.br, or if you wanna call me send a e-mail i can reply with my phone#, and the last tournament i did was US national no gi in Vegas end Intenational in vegas as well, where got first place in all of them, i can send my Resume also.

Thanks guys

i prefer you call me

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2010 7:19am

Style: Boxing and No Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wrong forum bro...try newbietown if you want to introduce yourself to others...

nonetheless, welcome to bullshido! :happy:

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    12/30/2010 12:37pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katriona1992 View Post
    wrong forum bro...try newbietown if you want to introduce yourself to others...

nonetheless, welcome to bullshido! :happy:
    Actually since this thread is partly about Ranieri, he is posting in the correct place.

Ranieri: I'll send you an e-mail later today.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/07/2011 10:01pm

NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for posting Mr. Paiva. I am not around here much these days, but if you did have any information regarding the Tucci - Sambo connection, that would be great as well.

Thanks

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2011 10:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard about Tucci from my former instructor Joe Merit. He's THE sambo guy down there. I can't speak to his paperwork, but all the other instructors speak highly of him.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/08/2011 1:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanT View Post
    I heard about Tucci from my former instructor Joe Merit. He's THE sambo guy down there. I can't speak to his paperwork, but all the other instructors speak highly of him.
    "The" sambo guy that has no known connection to the sambo community as far as I or others can tell...and with a story that just does not check out. I said it before, He may be a great coach, but what is the sambo connection? Many good coaches have fudged their bios.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2011 10:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a question I have. In terms of the dissemination of sambo, how important is lineage, and what would the difference be between someone who's been exposed to sambo as a component art in a submission grappling system as opposed to someone who's learned it as a base art?

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/10/2011 2:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanT View Post
    Here's a question I have. In terms of the dissemination of sambo, how important is lineage, and what would the difference be between someone who's been exposed to sambo as a component art in a submission grappling system as opposed to someone who's learned it as a base art?
    Then he would be a teacher of whatever hybrid grappling system that was...but not sambo. Sambo is a hybrid system (or was when it was founded), yet I don't claim to be a teacher of the styles that made it up...right?

It makes as much a difference as it would with any art. I have been exposed to many arts, but don't claim to teach them, or be champions of them (as Tucci claims). I have cross trained with tons of BJJ folks...can you imagine the shitstorm if I claimed to be a BJJ teacher? I have cross-trained kyokushin on and off for the past 5 years, but don't claim to teach kyokushin.

Tucci may have been exposed to some elements of sambo from other sources, but that is not the same as training sambo. It is actually very simple in this regard.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/10/2011 2:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For years, sambo in this country was used by many to bolster their resume's because it was un-checkable and exotic (pre soviet fall). People threw it in their bios because they knew nobody could check up on them...even if they had minimal or no experience with sambo. It was often used by folks who were jack of all trades: "well, I have done a bit of all this stuff, so I will just say I am a sambo guy."
    Unfortunately, this attitiude has persisted today to some degree.

Historically in this country (1970's & 80's mostly), it was also trained as a wrestling-sport by many wrestlers who simply learned the sport rules (as opposed to the system itself).

Those days are gone and sambo is more and more checkable than ever. Sambo is now known as a complete system like BJJ, Judo, etc. To know it you have to train it.
    Last edited by sambosteve; 1/10/2011 2:40pm at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/10/2011 3:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get how lineage works, lol. I meant in regards to training and technique.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast