Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 7:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    Projection is the correct word. Here's why...

You are confusing the generic and psychological definitions of projection.

You are engaging in classic Psychological projection. Problem is that Psychological mechanisms like this exist for a reason and generally won't be admitted to by the culprit.

Usually your projected emotion, idea, notion, feeling, etc, is one that you own, but are not ready to verbalize or recognize because it is undesirable to you....or else you would not be projecting on another person. So you will of course deny your projections when they are pointed out. Ahhh...denial! Another mechanism which you are using very well here also. Your denial is protecting the projection of your own undesirable qualities. Maybe I can work my way through all the mechanisms in this post. Reaction formation anyone?

So, here is your projection...get ready to deny it:

You are conversing with me in a different way because of your noted "drama". I suppose you are referring to the Chuck debacle (which was much less than 12 months as you state). If not the Chuck debacle, I really have no idea what you are referring to.

But, rather than simply own up to that fact that your motives and commentary with me are tainted by this "drama" (because you are an objective proper mod after all...right?), you accuse me of acting with some loaded motive because of the very "drama" which affected you. So rather than admit to some undesirable trait or feeling you have, you place them on someone else...in this case me. It is like the psychological version of saving face.

You see, I asked a really simple question. You turned it into an issue regarding past "drama", rather than providing a simple answer to the question. You accuse me of changing after the "drama" and loading the question somehow because of the "drama". But, I asked a simple question with no real motives other than the obvious...to understand the video better and ask about it's accuacy.

And you ignored my request to explain how the question was loaded.
    haha yeah me and IIF had this converse in Sherdog.... I think we actually made some progress!! Sort of..... here is as far as I got:

I asked him a question of my own.... my question simply was "do you (IIF) think it is normal to ascribe ulterior motives to posts made?" This was after agreeing to help him understand the insidious qualities of projection that he was displaying.

your description of projection and denial is spot on. I had to agree with IIf that I am basically a condescending smart ass prick... so what did you have to give up to him? let me guess... one of those great red gis you guys get to wear... I have always envied that... if you ever got to wear a cool color gi in karate it was like.. raised eyebrow city haha.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 8:04pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    haha yeah me and IIF had this converse in Sherdog.... I think we actually made some progress!! Sort of..... here is as far as I got:

I asked him a question of my own.... my question simply was "do you (IIF) think it is normal to ascribe ulterior motives to posts made?" This was after agreeing to help him understand the insidious qualities of projection that he was displaying.

your description of projection and denial is spot on. I had to agree with IIf that I am basically a condescending smart ass prick... so what did you have to give up to him? let me guess... one of those great red gis you guys get to wear... I have always envied that... if you ever got to wear a cool color gi in karate it was like.. raised eyebrow city haha.
    You guys are on sherdog? Really? Which forum?

I did not give anything up...LOL.

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 8:06pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Arghh!! fucker!

The "now that the eye of the hurricane is over let the real **** begin." something like that.

Oh and it would be a thread generated from the chuck thread. If you need any more info let me know... I have a hell of a time getting to threads on Sherdog unless the link from my email directs me.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 10:18pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sheerog better known as trollshido. No, I'm not talking about Chuck's debacle we actually agree on that drama.

He is mistaking a comment that I made for me implying you capitulated. I said when things I say really bother or seem wrong I get contacted.

He is under the impression this is making you flip out.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 8/22/2010 10:21pm at .

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 10:46pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Sheerog better known as trollshido. No, I'm not talking about Chuck's debacle we actually agree on that drama.

He is mistaking a comment that I made for me implying you capitulated. I said when things I say really bother or seem wrong I get contacted.

Oh...sheerdog. Gotcha. I never go there. Gotta check it out.

No flipping out over here. You know I call it like I see it...as I have here. But, I did not get the impression he thought that I was flipping out (on this thread anyway). I will check out the trollshido thread.

But, if you agree with me on Chuck, I really have no idea what you are referring to. I honestly don't hold on to ****. My wife is always commenting on how I forget about things that pissed me off the week before.

So please explain how I loaded my question becasue I really have no idea what you are talking about. Which really points toward projection on your part because if we had some kind of "drama" it was not that important for me to use my aging grey matter.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 10:51pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh...sheerdog. Gotcha. I never go there. Gotta check it out.

No flipping out over here. You know I call it like I see it...as I have here. But, I did not get the impression he thought that I was flipping out (on this thread anyway). I will check out the trollshido thread.

But, if you agree with me on Chuck, I really have no idea what you are referring to. I honestly don't hold on to ****. My wife is always commenting on how I forget about things that pissed me off the week before.

So please explain how I loaded my question becasue I really have no idea what you are talking about. Which really points toward projection on your part because if we had some kind of "drama" it was not that important for me to use my aging grey matter.
    I can't you are right. The reason I say it isn't projection is because it was pure stupidity on my part.

Seeing it explained, I see you are right. I'd explain where but, it is worthless at this point. I apologize for thinking it was loaded. It was actually a simple mistake that I made while reading your post.

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 11:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

no no not implying such at all. again why assume this? if anything take my comment at face value which says i capitulted when you called me on something I do.

IIf its called humering someone. Tongue in cheek.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 11:24pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    no no not implying such at all. again why assume this?
    You are not SamboSteve. He could say this and be 100% correct. You've just morphed your "ulterior motives" question for the third time and added a new twist. Actually, it is the fourth modification of your original question.

So you are the only non-troll I do not take at face value. Legit 1 post trolls. Hell, when Rudy was posting I took him at face value.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/23/2010 10:39pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell, when Rudy was posting I took him at face value.
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425