Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 7:22am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doomx2001 View Post
    As a Bujinkan student, and a amature martial art historian, I believe Bujinkan Ninjitsu to be authentic
    Evidence ?

Or dare I say.... STFU
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 7:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Wait, did I miss the memo that said we are now accommodating **** ninja threads started in MABS by complete noobs?
    In the long run, there is more benifit to this than to "search function, noob." because everyone knows that ninjers have low literacy rate.

Why else would their "research" be limited to wikipedia and Naruto hentai?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 9:49am

supporting member
     Style: Jits [2 Stripe White]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait a minute. Bujinkan NinJITUS? Is that like an inflammation of the ninjer gland?

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 10:35am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ninja's are as real as Pirates of the Caribbean and Gunslingers of the old west. In case that wasn't clear enough: Pirates mostly died of scurvy and syphilis and no one ever met in the street at high noon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 11:01am

Style: Aiki Jujitsu, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello everybody, I've started debating Anthony Cummins about the authenticity of Bujinkan Ninjitsu on a YouTube video of GM Hatsumi doing some techniques.

As a Bujinkan student, and a amature martial art historian, I believe Bujinkan Ninjitsu to be authentic while Anthony (Arteanor) does not and he sites Shinobi Soldiers Youtube videos as evidence for his position.
    I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, but instead, stating I believe what I believe and am open to being proven wrong.
    I've opened a thread here at BullShido.com so we can have room to debate and have both our opinions open to scrutiny.

You guys can read what we wrote so far here: http://www.youtube.com/comment_servl...&v=d2KSG7J0iM0

I hope everyone can join in and give their perspective on the 'debate'. It's getting late, but I'll write more soon on this.

Brian
    And I thought my first thread was stupid. No offense but you will be slaughtered.

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 11:08am

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Pirates mostly died of scurvy and syphilis
    And thus caused global warming, something needs to be done about this!

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 3:45pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello everybody, I've started debating Anthony Cummins about the authenticity of Bujinkan Ninjitsu on a YouTube video of GM Hatsumi doing some techniques.

As a Bujinkan student, and a amature martial art historian, I believe Bujinkan Ninjitsu to be authentic while Anthony (Arteanor) does not and he sites Shinobi Soldiers Youtube videos as evidence for his position.
    I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, but instead, stating I believe what I believe and am open to being proven wrong.
    I've opened a thread here at BullShido.com so we can have room to debate and have both our opinions open to scrutiny.

You guys can read what we wrote so far here: http://www.youtube.com/comment_servl...&v=d2KSG7J0iM0

I hope everyone can join in and give their perspective on the 'debate'. It's getting late, but I'll write more soon on this.

Brian
    OK, Brian/Doomx2001 --

Assuming you are legit, and not a nasty troll, please visit this link:
    How to Discuss Koga Ryu/ninjutsu Lineage Claims - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Although the title and content refer specifically to "Koga Ryu," it really goes for all ninjutsu lineage claims, including the Bujinkan. Please familiarize yourself with the suggested guidelines. The most important rule is that if you make the claim a particular organization's lineage is legitimate, then you bear the burden of proof for that claim using evidence.

For various reasons, the topic is not exactly on point for MABS (and it seems this thread started out there...) and if (after reading and understanding the "rules" in the link) you really think you can argue for the authenticity of the Bujinkan ninjutsu lineages, YMAS isn't the right forum either. You should consider creating a new thread in the Traditional Martial Arts -- Japanese Martial Arts subforum. (Please don't muddy up the stickied threads at the top on the subject.) In The JMA sub-forum, you are (somewhat) less likely to encounter noob trolling and random pirate jokes. If your information is presented well, we can attempt to keep out the riff-raff... a little.

BTW, is English your native language? I ask because you don't seem fully comfortable with writing. Perhaps it was the late hour? It would be best if any obstacles or challenges in communication were acknowledged up front.

Thank you, and good luck.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 6:14pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Brian
    Repeating what Hatsumi told you does not make you a martial arts historian.

Read the Bujinkan FAQ: Bujinkan budo taijutsu (ninjutsu) faq - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Quote Originally Posted by Bujinkan FAQ
    Q. What is the historical accuracy of the Bujinkan claims to Koryu legitimacy?

A.

Kukishin-ryu/Takagi Yoshin-ryu: Sister Samurai Arts that have been handed down together an have MANY branches of their tree.
    Gyokko-ryu/Koto-ryu: Sister Arts for the Iga Region associated with Modern Ninjutsu
    Shinden Fudo-ryu: Samurai Art that have a few legitimate branches
    Togakure-ryu: Originally intended to be billed as Kukishin-ryu Ninpo (didn't get approval from the Kuki family) it is a collection of Ninjutsu techniques Takamatsu collected and organized into a Ryu-ha so the techniques wouldn't be lost to history. While the techniques are old, the Ryu-ha itself is only 60 years old.
    Gyokushin-ryu/Kumogakure-ryu: Don't exist, Aren't taught.
    Gikan-ryu: Legitimate Line passed Akimoto Fumio then to Akimoto Koki. The Bujinkan doesn't teach it as Hatsumi never trained in the art. Gikan-ryu is still taught in Japan through its legitimate lineage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 8:01pm

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Ninja's are as real as Pirates of the Caribbean and Gunslingers of the old west. In case that wasn't clear enough: Pirates mostly died of scurvy and syphilis and no one ever met in the street at high noon.

Butt pirates, however, keep at least one aspect of the art alive. And those cheeky guys in Somalia.

OP I feel that you should thoroughly read the stickies before venturing into these well charted waters. The Bujinkan raises as many questions as it answers. I would recommend Kacem Zoughari's new book The Ninja Amazon.com: The Ninja: Ancient Shadow Warriors of Japan (9780804839273): Kacem…, but I am having some problems with the conclusions he is drawing vis Takamatsu sensei.

Shinobi soldiers...sounds like a video game.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 9:35pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXIV View Post
    Wait a minute. Bujinkan NinJITUS? Is that like an inflammation of the ninjer gland?
    Why...yes...I do believe it is. Take two throwdowns and call me in the morning.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast