and humble, too!

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 10:01am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    You are all fucking paranoid.
    As if that's any worse than the typical English hand-wringing fretting.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy in bowler cap
    Dear God, why are you carrying a pistol?! Don't you know someone could get shot? Wot wot wot wot.
    You guys used to be a rival empire, full of bad-asses and pirates. Now you're just a bunch of babies on a really cold island who follow us around.

Next, you're going to ban sugar! Don't you know it causes cavities?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
    Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 10:19am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Do you train martial arts for self defense?
    I suppose when i started Martial Arts as a teenager i did. It's certainly not my main reason for training these days.

I'm not trying to be a dick honestly but it does suprise that some of you guys feel that carrying a gun around with you for self protection is a good idea.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 10:19am

Style: ex-Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just out of interest, why would you feel the NEED to carry a gun around with you?

To be honest, it is very unlikely that I would ever need to use a gun in self defense. Carrying a gun legally is basic risk managment. Some events have a low probability of ever happening but will cause massive damage if they ever do so you need to be prepared for those events. Most professionals never get sued however professional liability insurance is needed because getting sued has the potential of ending your career.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 10:31am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suppose when i started Martial Arts as a teenager i did. It's certainly not my main reason for training these days.
    What are you, paranoid? Do you really think you're going to be attacked out on the streets that you would invest time and energy into training how to defend yourself?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 10:34am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He can't carry a gun in England.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
    Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 10:39am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON View Post
    He can't carry a gun in England.
    I imagine not, otherwise someone might get shot.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 10:51am

Style: slackerjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamash View Post
    I'm surprised that your permit only authorizes you to carry specific handguns. In Tn the CCW isn't weapon specific so you can pretty much carry what ever handgun you want. .

Georgia is the same. The main thing is that you are a citizen in good standing. Not a felon, not convicted of domestic violence, etc.

Also, there is the thinking that a citizen will act in a personally responsible manner. Georgia has the fourth highest rate of incarceration in the US. Irresponsible behavior with a firearm is an almost automatic state vacation.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 10:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kambei - are you some kind of fucking masochist? I pack heat because I don't intend to be a victim - ever. If I do ever become a victim, I'll know it wasn't because of lack of preparation. Bad **** happens to good people every day. Do you watch the news?

Maybe the fairytale you live in is full of rainbows and cuddling. The rest of us live in a world where 17 year old punks rob and kill people. I'll be goddamned if I'm going to be taken out by some zit faced punk-ass kid. **** that. They better stick to defenseless pussies like you. If there were more real men around that would turn these assholes' heads into a donut, maybe those bitches would think twice before fucking with people.

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 10:58am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    What are you, paranoid? Do you really think you're going to be attacked out on the streets that you would invest time and energy into training how to defend yourself?
    'Waiste' being the operative word there, sadly i started out in Wing Chun.

I’ll never really understand the rampant paranoia that seems to accompany the gun-​​loving subculture of the USA that clings to the Second Amendment like a needy ex-​​girlfriend. It’s not just that they hold as a basic right the idea that people should be free to own guns — bizarre though that may be in itself — but the fact that in order to justify that belief they make the argument (contrary to all evidence) that owning guns makes a society safer. The corollary to this, also often stated, is that societies with gun control are either police states, or are on a downhill slope descending into fascism.

(Also Devil i dont think i even need to address your post you pretty much make my point all on your own.)
    Last edited by Kambei Shimada; 6/03/2010 11:07am at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 11:12am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'Waiste' being the operative word there, sadly i started out in Wing Chun.

Iíll never really understand the rampant paranoia that seems to accompany the gun-​​loving subculture of the USA that clings to the Second Amendment like a needy ex-​​girlfriend. Itís not just that they hold as a basic right the idea that people should be free to own guns ó bizarre though that may be in itself ó but the fact that in order to justify that belief they make the argument (contrary to all evidence) that owning guns makes a society safer. The corollary to this, also often stated, is that societies with gun control are either police states, or are on a downhill slope descending into fascism.

(Also Devil i dont think i even need to address your post you pretty much make my point all on your own.)

I don't mind being considered a bit paranoid. I'm comfortable with that. If I am paranoid, it's largely because I have a lot to lose. That means I'm living a good life. I spent way less time thinking about self defense and the realities of danger before I had kids.

When I had kids, it all became much more fucking clear. I now have something that I would die for, or kill for, or do anything else you can possibly imagine for. I have the max life insurance I can buy. I have sturdy locks on the doors. I make sure to clean their cuts and scrapes properly so they don't get some nasty bacterial infection. I don't let anyone babysit them other than our closest relatives.

I do all those things for one simple reason. Because I give a ****. Because they're worth protecting. Those are the same reasons that I have an AR-15 in the closet with a case of ammo. The same reason I carry concealed. They need their Daddy to come home to them. I've got **** to teach them and things I want to see them do. Nobody's going to fucking stop me.

The odds of me having to use my weapon are slim. I don't walk the streets like a cowboy at high noon looking for a gun fight. I make every effort to avoid places where I'm likely to have trouble. If I do have trouble and can walk away, I will. But I also won't ignore the fact that one day, some asshole may try to kill me for some bullshit like my wallet or vehicle. If that happens, I will do everything in my power to make sure he never takes another breath. Anybody who can't relate to that isn't much of a man, in my opinion.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast