Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 4:47pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

It's a knockout as kickboxer sees of intruders!

An intruder picked the wrong Auckland house to burgle when he was caught in the act and dealt a beating by a kickboxer and martial arts expert living there.
    Brook McRae, 23, delivered the blows after chasing two men through his father's Mt Roskill home in the early hours of Sunday.
    Mr McRae said he did some boxing training while at Auckland Grammar School then went on to study the martial art form ninjitsu.
    He also took up kickboxing three years ago.
    "I'd just done it as a sport until [the break-in]," he said yesterday.
    Mr McRae said he heard noises in the six-bedroom house but thought it was his younger brother returning after a night on the town.
    About an hour later he was woken by two men when they walked into a bedroom where he and his girlfriend were sleeping.
    The men ran from the bedroom throwing aside electrical equipment they were carrying, knocking over chairs and smashing bottles as they tried to find a way out.
    The pair clambered up a 2.1m wall but Mr McRae managed to grab one man and they struggled to the ground.
    "He got one punch on me and then I started giving it back to him and chucked him into a brick wall."

He knocked the burglar unconscious and dragged him back upstairs and put him in a headlock as he phoned police.
    Mr McRae said the man came around while he was on the phone and started punching him again.
    "As he was punching me in the side he was saying, 'Nah, it's all sweet bro, I'm telling you it's all sweet'."
    An infuriated Mr McRae started punching back, telling the man it was not "sweet".
    Police arrived within a few minutes and arrested the man.
    Mr McRae still has the hat of the second intruder and said he would hand it over to police - unless the man wanted to stop by and pick it up.

-From the NZ Herald News, April 21st, 2005.
    Written by Louisa Cleave

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I love that last part: "Mr McRae still has the hat of the second intruder and said he would hand it over to police - unless the man wanted to stop by and pick it up."

It's really nice to see a martial artist/kickboxer who is ready to defend himself and his home.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    6/04/2010 1:10am

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LARPers are gonna be all over the "he studied ninjutsu" line.

i do love it when people beat the hell out of thieves, though.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    6/04/2010 1:23am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr McRae still has the hat of the second intruder and said he would hand it over to police - unless the man wanted to stop by and pick it up.
    Oh, nice.

I like him.

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2010 7:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    LARPers are gonna be all over the "he studied ninjutsu" line.

i do love it when people beat the hell out of thieves, though.
    Yeah, but still, everything the guy did was kickboxing. The punches were boxing/kickboxing: the punches were real K-1 style, and I'm not really sure that headlocks and chucking people against walls are techinques found in the Ninjutsu curriculum. Not bad for someone with only 3 years of experience in KB.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2010 1:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright. In light of what Conde Koma said, I feel that a few loose ends need tying up:

1) The only reason why it sez that Brook studied Ninjutsu, is because I didn't want to make any editorial decisions, out of respect for the author.

2) I honestly don't care about any argument any ninjerk could or will make about "some generic and ancient ninpo principle of combat he used when he chucked the guy against the wall" or "a deadly taijutsu technique disguised as a headlock", nor does anyone else here.

3) Anything and everything he did was either pure boxing/kickboxing/K-1 or pure street smarts/improvisation. On the latter, congrats to Mr. McRae, but definetly no ninja training there.

4) I know that I'm not a moderator, but this is my thread and it wasn't intended to be propaganda for the ninjacompoop crowd. Given that this is my thread, I believe that it's my perogative.:ninja2::qright6: