Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 1:23pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lee Murray gets 10 years in prison

http://www.ifight365.com/2010/06/for...d-to-10-years/

One-time UFC fighter Lee Murray (8-2-1) was sentenced to 10 years in prison for his involvement in the biggest bank heist in British history.

Murray, currently serving time in Morocco, was identified as the mastermind behind a 2006 heist of a Securitas depot in Tonbridge, Kent where he and his fellow conspirators escaped with $53 million pounds ($92.5 million dollars).

During the incident Murray and the others kidnapped the Depot manager, Colin Dixon and his family at gunpoint while posing as police. They then went to the bank, held 14 Securitas personnel hostage while they robbed the bank, and locked them in bank cages before making their escape.

After the robbery Murray, who is British-born but of Moroccan descent, fled to Morocco in hopes of escaping the authorities. He was arrested four months later by the local police and imprisoned there but has avoided extradition because Morocco and the UK have no extradition treaty in place.

--

I guess the UFC really doesnt pay their fighters well :)

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 1:30pm

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's the mastermind? Jesus. I live near there and there was wild speculation about which 'faces' might have been behind it and several low life chumps even piped up wanting to claim some sort of credit but were obviously bullshitting for props. Funny old world.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 1:52pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does he get to keep the money? IIRC, they only recovered 19 mil of the 53 mil pounds. That's leaves almost $60 million unaccounted for. If he gets to keep the rest, then 10 years in prison might not be a bad deal. It is not like he is some scrawny punk that is going to have to suck a dick to stay a live. He's a fighter, he'll survive O.K.. $6 mil for every year he does in prison seems like an decent trade off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 11:21pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cant be as stupid as he looks.

Unless he was sold out.........I would if he was my mate and he put that stupid rock mural in his house of him in the octagon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 11:23pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 5:19am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah i know several of his friends from Londonshootfighters.(who he is still in contact with)

Interesting guy, I'm sure his life story would make a good film.

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 6:56am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    Yeah i know several of his friends from Londonshootfighters.(who he is still in contact with)

Interesting guy, I'm sure his life story would make a good film.
    Yeah, but who stabbed him? Perhaps we'd then find out. Odd that a Rufty-Tufty fighter is so coy on the topic. More so as he has been known to claim kicking Titos' Arse (Ass - US) in a "street fight". :eusa_naug

Hmm.

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 7:28am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    Yeah, but who stabbed him? Perhaps we'd then find out. Odd that a Rufty-Tufty fighter is so coy on the topic. More so as he has been known to claim kicking Titos' Arse (Ass - US) in a "street fight". :eusa_naug

Hmm.
    I have No idea and frankly its none of my business.

The Tito thing happened, My MMA coach was there at the time as were numerous other people including Pat Miletich, Matt Hughes and Chuck Lidell.

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 7:35am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    I have No idea and frankly its none of my business.

The Tito thing happened, My MMA coach was there at the time as were numerous other people including Pat Miletich, Matt Hughes and Chuck Lidell.
    Somehow I'm reminded of the 1920s World MW Champ, Johnny Dundee...

or The Krays and even Dodgy Dave...I suppose it's got to be on your CV in that World.

Perhaps we'll read all about in a retropective.

Now back to Ron Lyle bio so I can finish it today and start "War Baby".:icon_blac

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    6/04/2010 1:01am

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CP has a pretty good wrap up on the ordeal:
    http://www.cagepotato.com/and-so-it-...oroccan-prison

Apparently, it takes a lot of accomplices to stage multiple kidnappings. In total, investigators have arrested about 30 people in connection with the crime, including drivers, face police, a car dealer, a salesman, a roofer, and a hairdresser named Kim Shackleton.

The majority of those involved in the crime, who have since been arrested, fingered Murray as the mastermind, but since the English-born fighter also had Moroccan citizenship, he fled to the North African country to escape prosecution.
    being a mastermind doesn't work out so well if you can't get your mastermindees a nice place to retire quietly.