Flyweight

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 3:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON View Post
    If it's cool with your parents I have no problem giving you useful, accurate advice.
    Yes, I am offering advice under the impression that while your parents won't let you have a firearm in the house, they are aware that you still plan to purchase and own one off premises.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 9:55pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON View Post
    When I was 18, I ran out and bought a piece-of-**** SKS for $50. My mommy had told me "no" (this is all true, BTW) so I just took all the drawers out of my dresser, placed the gun in the back, then replaced all the drawers.

I also bought a bad-ass 30 round clip for it. And ammo, too.

Every day that summer when she'd leave for work, I'd pull it out the dresser and waive it around my brother and sister. Sometimes I'd just sit there real crazy-like and cycle rounds through it manually.

So one day I'm doing that, and I didn't know too much about guns back then, and as I stood up I accidentally pressed the trigger. Fortunately, the rifle had a safety. Unfortunately, it was off. Fortunately, I almost always checked to make sure the chamber was clear. Unfortunately, this time it wasn't.

Ever hear a 7.62 go off in a 15' x 30' room? I have.

My brother falls down, my sister immediately starts crying. There is a hole. A small one, but very telltale, in the carpet just beyond the lip of the couch. My brother gets up and looks at the damage.

Being clever boys, we spackle the hardwood underneath, then go cut a small portion of carpet out of one of our rooms to cover the damage. It's almost invisible. Almost. You could spend 100 years in that room and not noticed our adept craftsmanship.

Problem was my dad. Vietnam vet, slightly crazy. He sure as **** knew what stipling was and what it looked like. What's worse, the carpet was whiter than the couch and the blast pattern may as well have been in day-glo.

He confronted me with the evidence - with my rifle in his hands. He counted out 29 rounds in front of me, and showed me the stipling and the powder on the crown of the barrel. Then he produced the spent casing.

He had apparently known the whole time. Having raised me, he knew a little something about my sneakiness. Yeah, he was my dad and he was lame, but he was also one step ahead of me, it would seem. I really hadn't learned many new tricks since I was 12.

This enlightening event coincided with my having to pay something called "rent," which I liked so much that I still do to this day.

Moral; don't **** your parents over. 'Cuz they've made your life pretty fucking easy. You owe them a great deal of respect and gratitude for that. Anything less makes you a sub-par man now that you're 18. You don't want to be sub-par.

So wait until you have your own place to shoot a hole in the floor and endanger your siblings.
    Jesus Christ, and you said elsewhere that your mom was a hippie with unsweetend peanut butter. What a juxtaposition!
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 9:56pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGroinNoKrav View Post
    My parents are anti-gun. So the only way for me to have a weapon is to store it in one of those public storage places. Sadly these places don't really have any control from the natural elements, and as a gun n00b I don't know how it would effect certain weapons.

I'm 18 so I want to buy a rifle and shotgun for the range, but I need something that is durable. It's okay if it requires a little maintenence, but it has to be able to witstand the elements
    See if you can still get a surplus TT-33. It should only run you a few hundred dollars and those things are nearly indestructable. Keep it oiled and cleaned and you should be fine. Uh, make sure there's no cosmoline inside it before you shoot it. That could be bad if it is obstructing the barrel or somesuch.

EDIT: It might actually be easier just to get an AK-47. The original indestructable. Again, though, you still have to clean and oil it.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 10:04pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't have to clean or oil an AK until it stops firing. Then you just dip in in a mud puddle and bang it on the ground until it works again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
    Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 1:43pm

Style: Judo super noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This question was in regard more towards he future. I start working after high school i over. Also, ido unerstand the point of simply moving out of the house, but it is my decision to stay here. It is much cheeper to simply pay my parents a little rent and go to a local college. That way i have some spending money and i can start saving.

My parents have no problem if I bought a gun. In fact i might even be able to tempt them to let my have it in the house unloaded if i pay enough rent.

I'm also not purchasing a gun to look cool. It's just a hobby really. Regardless I take all your responses to heart. It may just be a better idea to rent from a range.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 9:11pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Join the Army.

You can get out on your own AND have a rifle!

WIN-WIN!

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 10:14pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone who knows my politics knows how much it pains me to say this.

NoGroin is a primary example of why tougher purchasing and licensing laws are a good idea.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 10:26pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGroinNoKrav View Post
    This question was in regard more towards he future. I start working after high school i over. Also, ido unerstand the point of simply moving out of the house, but it is my decision to stay here. It is much cheeper to simply pay my parents a little rent and go to a local college. That way i have some spending money and i can start saving.

My parents have no problem if I bought a gun. In fact i might even be able to tempt them to let my have it in the house unloaded if i pay enough rent.

I'm also not purchasing a gun to look cool. It's just a hobby really. Regardless I take all your responses to heart. It may just be a better idea to rent from a range.
    Please join the military ASAP. You seriously need to have your ass kicked, regardless of whether or not you need a firearm.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 11:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9 View Post
    Join the Army.

You can get out on your own AND have a rifle!

WIN-WIN!
    ^^^^This...

Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Please join the military ASAP. You seriously need to have your ass kicked, regardless of whether or not you need a firearm.
    ^^^^And this.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    6/04/2010 12:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to rub in your face, just a few facts from my life:

I get paid to shoot m2 .50 cal machine guns, mk-19 40mm automatic grenade launchers, m240B machine guns, m203 grenade launchers and my m4.

My dad is a bigger gun nut then most of the people in this sub-forum, and anything I could ever want to shoot, he already has.

He has no problem with me buying a gun, while i'm living with him.

However, lets examine some key points,

One, I'm cooler then you.

Two, My situation allows me to be loose with the gun money (though I'm not. Daddy has a car payment/is working on moving back out of his parent's house after he gets things squared away)

Lets examine your situation:

You suck.

Your parents are prude liberal girls,

You live at home.

YOu shouldn't be worrying about guns and rifles, hell, ranges rent that **** for like...10 bucks.

Also, as everyone said above, Join the freakin' military. It rocks. Seriously.

Just don't join the air force.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast