Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    11/28/2010 6:29pm

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    It was a very nice armbar. Very Judo -- as soon as her her opponent attempted to roll, it became exactly like one of the standard armbar attacks from the turtle. Look at how her shin is on her opponents neck and forcing her over, for example. She's probably done that thousands of times.
    It's genetic reflex, like blinking when something gets in your eye.

She inherited it from her mother, of course.

Anyone have video of Dr. AnnMaria DeMars's judo matches? I remember them being very impressive.

Posted On:
    11/28/2010 7:48pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never seen any video -- nothing shows up on youtube, etc. I can believe she was impressive. World Champions tend to be. Quite good on the ground, apparently.

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    11/28/2010 9:50pm

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never seen any video -- nothing shows up on youtube, etc. I can believe she was impressive. World Champions tend to be. Quite good on the ground, apparently.
    Here's one which unfortunately doesn't showcase her skills with juji-gatame:

YouTube - [-56kg] AnnMarie Burns (USA) - Natasha Hernandez (VEN)

One of my old judo coaches had a lot of competition footage of various athletes, and Dr. DeMars was one of them. Wow.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    11/28/2010 11:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yowza.
    Spoiler:

When do we get to see her beat up Gina Carano?

Posted On:
    11/29/2010 8:51am

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    Yowza.
    Spoiler:

When do we get to see her beat up Gina Carano?
    Jesus.

Given the rate she is blasting through opponents, and unfortunately given her ridiculous marketability(American, pretty, huge rack, aggressive) I think she'll get a bigger contract shot soon. She hasn't really had to show any striking or defense in her fights so I would assume they are going to try to bring her along slowly.

I think she might be the new face of american female mma in about a year or two, maybe sooner if she gets offered a shitload of money

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2010 1:07pm

Style: Shaolin/Judo/JuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was the first video I have seen of Dr. DeMars. Obviously, she passed some great technique on to her daughter. I wish them both the best of luck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2010 1:12pm

Style: Shaolin/Judo/JuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not only is Ronda a good looking young woman and a superb athelate, she has technique and personality to spare. Of course, in the video of her match with Richardson, I could not help but smile when LeBell walked into the ring. Hell, with someone like that in your corner you cannot go wrong.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    11/29/2010 1:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    Seeing total blow outs is always entertaining (it satisfies the part of me that still wants fighting to be like the movies); but after the events of the weekend I've got to ask. How does she handle adversity? Can she take a punch to the face without losing her ****?
    Good point! There is no adversity in training for or doing world class Judo, so who knows if she will fall apart getting smacked in the face.

Ben

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2010 1:38pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soldiermedic25 View Post
    Jesus.

Given the rate she is blasting through opponents, and unfortunately given her ridiculous marketability(American, pretty, huge rack, aggressive) I think she'll get a bigger contract shot soon. She hasn't really had to show any striking or defense in her fights so I would assume they are going to try to bring her along slowly.

I think she might be the new face of american female mma in about a year or two, maybe sooner if she gets offered a shitload of money
    Not so sure about that on a few counts. One, they will have some trouble developing her in MMA since her Judo skill with no adaptation is enough to completely blow out most of the low level competition she'll be facing. That will probably force her to bite off more than she can chew as there are few intermediate challenges available. She hasn't even really turned pro yet.

Also, Carano had a very specific look that our gal Friday here does not possess, even if they are both good looking women. What weight is she fighting at now? I know she did Judo above 145, and there isn't much in the way of big fights above 145 for women.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    11/29/2010 1:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a very nice armbar. Very Judo -- as soon as her her opponent attempted to roll, it became exactly like one of the standard armbar attacks from the turtle. Look at how her shin is on her opponents neck and forcing her over, for example. She's probably done that thousands of times.
    Probably? LOL! Your gift for understatement is great, my friend.

Ben
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast