224956 Bullies, 3416 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 101 to 110 of 158
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. BKR is online now
    BKR's Avatar

    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    4,476

    Posted On:
    11/30/2010 7:17pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    I agree that he seems to have had some attitude problems or cockyness issues.

    However, his recent MMA fight against Minowaman was a textbook example of how to use Judo to control an MMA fight. Whoever trained him for that fight has a very good understanding of how to utilisie Judo in an MMA match.
    Thanks for the update, I don't really follow MMA. I'll see if I can find a video of the fight.

    BTW, I posted a map on how to find me, so bring it on!

    Interesting, I watched the match and see what you mean.

    Ben
    Last edited by BKR; 11/30/2010 7:39pm at .
  2. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,619

    Posted On:
    11/30/2010 7:35pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Thanks for the update, I don't really follow MMA. I'll see if I can find a video of the fight.

    BTW, I posted a map on how to find me, so bring it on!

    Ben
    Part 1:
    YouTube - Dream 16: Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Satoshi Ishii - Round 1 (1080p)

    Part 2:
    YouTube - Dream 16: Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Satoshi Ishii - Round 2 (1080p)

    Its not an 'exciting' fight. I can get you a television quality version if you want.

    I've sent you a PM on Judoforum.
  3. BKR is online now
    BKR's Avatar

    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    4,476

    Posted On:
    11/30/2010 7:51pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Part 1:
    YouTube - Dream 16: Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Satoshi Ishii - Round 1 (1080p)

    Part 2:
    YouTube - Dream 16: Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Satoshi Ishii - Round 2 (1080p)

    Its not an 'exciting' fight. I can get you a television quality version if you want.

    I've sent you a PM on Judoforum.
    LOL, thanks, youtube is good enough. No, not very exciting, but then I do not find a lot of high level judo matches to be very exciting. The most exciting is watching my own students compete. Now that gets my hear rate up!

    Thanks,

    Ben
  4. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,619

    Posted On:
    11/30/2010 8:14pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    The most exciting is watching my own students compete. Now that gets my hear rate up!

    Thanks,

    Ben
    I absolutely know what you mean, one of 'my girls' was fighting at last year's uni nationals. Her opponent attempted a drop seoi and she blocked it, her opponent flattened out then my student took her back by lifting the legs and then exposed the neck by pushing the head and submitted her opponent with hadaka jime all exactly as I had taught her. I was literally going crazy at the mat edge I think even the judging table were giving me funny looks lol, but it was definitely worth it.

    Its weird to think that 'I' have students when my competitive career is only just starting, yet its incredibly exciting and satisfying to see people apply techniques that you've taught them in competition.
  5. Res Judicata is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,633

    Posted On:
    11/30/2010 8:16pm


     Style: Judo & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ishii looked pretty good in his most recent fight, too.

    YouTube - Satoshi Ishii v. Katsuyori Shibata - K-1 World Max 2010 Finals
  6. Tenebrous is offline
    Tenebrous's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,399

    Posted On:
    11/30/2010 10:32pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Her opponent? After this fight she immediately joined an offbeat religious group and quit her gym a couple days later, talking about beauty and joy.

    Beating someone so bad that they find religion, there should be a word for that.
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist
  7. BKR is online now
    BKR's Avatar

    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    4,476

    Posted On:
    11/30/2010 10:57pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrous View Post
    Her opponent? After this fight she immediately joined an offbeat religious group and quit her gym a couple days later, talking about beauty and joy.

    Beating someone so bad that they find religion, there should be a word for that.
    Are you serious ?

    Enlightenment?

    Ben
  8. Tenebrous is offline
    Tenebrous's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,399

    Posted On:
    11/30/2010 11:02pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Are you serious ?

    Enlightenment?

    Ben
    Totally serious.

    That's a good one. Maybe "re-education"?
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist
  9. Lindz is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Burnaby B.C.
    Posts
    3,007

    Posted On:
    11/30/2010 11:13pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    I agree that he seems to have had some attitude problems or cockyness issues.

    However, his recent MMA fight against Minowaman was a textbook example of how to use Judo to control an MMA fight. Whoever trained him for that fight has a very good understanding of how to utilisie Judo in an MMA match.
    Satoshi Ishii

    Height 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m) Weight 242 lb (110 kg; 17.3 st)


    Minowaman

    Height 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m) Weight 193.6 lb (87.8 kg; 13.83 st)

    If that's Ishii's best display of judo in MMA he's still a work in progress
    (haven't seen the subsequent fights)
  10. Res Judicata is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,633

    Posted On:
    11/30/2010 11:31pm


     Style: Judo & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    Satoshi Ishii

    Height 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m) Weight 242 lb (110 kg; 17.3 st)


    Minowaman

    Height 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m) Weight 193.6 lb (87.8 kg; 13.83 st)

    If that's Ishii's best display of judo in MMA he's still a work in progress
    (haven't seen the subsequent fights)
    True, but Minowaman is a leglock specialist who has made a career out of beating bigger, stronger guys. His nickname is "The Giant Killer."
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.